Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've considered that, but in that case his truck made contact with her bike, which was badly damaged. If someone were to hit MT intentionally with a car or truck, I imagine it would have possibly done serious damage to her.
Perhaps someone (possibly impaired at the time) accidentally hit her and then put her in the car/whatever and intended to take her to get her help but realizing she had expired, panicked and took her body to hide/dispose of it so they wouldn't be charged with vehicular homicide.
I didn't remember her name but it was Micky.....but it did rain that night and morning....so anything like blood might be washed away....and if no one was expecting her to be missing...it would be days before the ground would be checked if it was at all....if no one drove by a hit and run...how would yopu know

Them saying they don’t believe the public is in danger doesn’t necessarily mean they know what happened ... but they can’t claim the public is in danger if they don’t know what happened. Right?

I think they mean since nobody else has disappeared since, they don’t believe the public is in danger. :)

Would someone mind providing me with the latest on the "red shirt"?

Did MT's parents or LE confirm a red shirt was found, or if was ruled out as being Mollie's? TIA!!

Since the PC, this thread is moving so fast that I am not sure if someone else has stated this observation. If so, I apologize for the repeat. I just noticed on the new website this statement: "A large reward is being offered for information leading to the recovery of Mollie." They used to say "for the safe return of Mollie". This just made me unbelievably sad and disheartened. :(
Wow, I didn't notice that. Ugh

This is a totally speculative theory. Because it happens more than stranger abduction and trafficking.

Affairs happen all the time. Often they are an older, financially stable male and a younger female. That pulls in BFs/GFs, husbands and wives. And the risks and consequences are large.

Beyond robbery, rage, etc. the largest cause for murder is passion. Happens all the time. If not murder, assault and damage, stalking.

Given those stats, I suggest there is an older male, involved with MT, who knew the BF was gone, and knew somewhat her habits. Like the murder/suicide up in Waterloo. He approached her, and it got heated. So heated she got hurt. The guy was clever enough and cunning enough to ditch (so to speak) the evidence, and then carry on also concealing her.

Look for someone who was gone late that night, who has marital problems, who bought bleach, who is jumpy, and who knows the area. Someone who confronted her at precisely the correct moment, and whom did not attract attention. Someone she knew.

It’s also possible that LE thinks this was personal, and thus, the public is not at risk.

This is what I think-either it was an accident (that is what the sheriff thinks happened to Tara Calico) or it was personal with Mollie herself. In either scenario, you're not looking at a perp going around and repeating the crime.

This case makes me sad, but what makes me sadder is that it happens a lot and many families never get answers.

A couple of points:

1. Even though the website says 5-10pm for sightings, they still asked people to be on the lookout for odd behavior the night of 7/18 and 7/19. They may have a solid timeline of when she disappeared based on her texts and electronic data, but no idea what happened afterwards. So they are looking for the husband that was supposed to be home at 7pm for dinner but didn't come in until midnight. The college student who didn't get in until the next morning. Etc.

2. I would not read too much into the "damage to a car" comment. I don't believe they think it was a hit and run. I think they mean if they think MT was last seen/detected in place X, and her body is no where around there, someone had to move her. So someone's car may have damage from a struggle, dents, stains, etc. There is always a lot of forensic evidence in a car when it is involved in an abduction or homicide.

I respectfully disagree with the damage to the car comment. This entire press conference along with the comments on the website have been scripted to a very fine degree to job someone's memory. Perhaps they have a poor CCTV picture of a car or vehicle that might have been used in the abduction and they noticed damage and this is why they are asking for help on this particular item. Everything on the list was very specific and there for a reason IMO.

We'd probably just as disappointed if they didn't call a PC at all. I think LE/etc., feels like they should put it out in public just to remind folks that she is still missing and that they still need info. I'd rather have a PC with little or nothing than no PC at all, but that's just me.

They’re going to get eight million hits in the first 24 hours.
It's not the first 24 hours they will be interested in. It will be anyone checking multiple times a day, every day, and who will likely fit certain perimeters: local or been in the area recently, etc.; prob. male; then they'll check on other patterns in people's lives. This is a long-haul technique IF that is what they're doing. Although, as tech savvy as young people are today, I'd bet there are ways to visit the website anonymously and to bounce your IP address around, even internationally . . .

After that they talked about behavioral changes, and a change in physical appearance. In my opinion, if Mollie was hit, it was to facilitate her abduction. The overwhelming majority of hit and run cases don’t involve taking the body with you. Panic sets in, and a perp doesn’t want to hang around any longer than he has to.
Agreed. Was just going to say the same. Abduction while jogging is often precipitated by a vehicle bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member