Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember; was the reward mentioned by LE in the presser before a question from the press or after? I think it was before.
Yes, it came up in the post press conference when a reporter asked if the reward would be capped. I'm serious....

I don’t find the word “recovery” used on LE’s new website, to be especially significant. Law enforcement has consistently said that they are treating Mollie’s disappearance as a missing person’s case. They refuse to use the words “foul play,” so I can’t imagine one word on a website is somehow an effort to indicate to us that Mollie is dead.
As much as we all hope and pray that Mollie is still alive, the odds are against it, regardless of the words that LE uses however.

From that same website:

Although we have not ruled out any scenario that could explain Mollie’s disappearance, we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved.

Today, I realized that there are an astonishing amount of cold case murders via likely stranger abduction in the Midwest. Otto's post also makes a lot of sense.

I plugged in Brooklyn, IA, Evansville, IA as well as Delphi, IN into Google Maps and they're all only within 7 hours from start-finish. Brooklyn-->Evansville is only about an hour. I just think it is very interesting given these are all relatively recent abductions that occurred with victims in similar environments, being that they were all outside.

View attachment 142043

There's also the missing persons case of Sebastian Husted, 18, from Centerville, Iowa, who was last seen at a hog confinement facility in Lineville, IA/MO 22 Jan 2018. That's about 100 miles from Brooklyn. Less that two hours.

His thread is here, and has not garnered much attention, sadly.

MO - MO - Sebastian Husted, 18, Mercer County, 22 Jan 2018

Eric Williams, the former justice of the peace who murdered two prosecutors and one of their wives in Kaufman, Texas in 2013, posted in the comments section of news reports, after his crimes. He also used an anonymous online tip line, to taunt police. He had a huge ego that proved to be his undoing. It’s not just serial killers who read coverage and communicate. I highly doubt this guy is on Websleuths though.
Amazing what some people will do.

Oh, to the poster theorizing a "grab and chloroform" you're out scenario, that only happens in the movies. Chloroform is not immediate, or fast acting to render unconscious. Many references in the Mariah Woods, 3, NC thread.

I'm speculating here; with little to go on from LE; even the map on the website would only be relevant to people who live in the location - the bear minimum, not very detailed at all. Thinking about the reward - I wonder if someone has made contact with LE; I wonder if the map could be there to identify a drop off point (mega speculation on my part).

I'm speculating here; with little to go on from LE; even the map on the website would only be relevant to people who live in the location - the bear minimum, not very detailed at all. Thinking about the reward - I wonder if someone has made contact with LE; I wonder if the map could be there to identify a drop off point (mega speculation on my part).

I think someone mention some of the rules of the reward money is ONLY if she is returned safe (alive) so maybe if someone knows something and are afraid to say it they wont do it either way because they wouldnt receive the money if she is not alive

Rebel1 23, If I may respectfully point out that the areas of focus were drawn in an effort to have people in those areas jog their memories and be vigilant about anything that may be related, in very detailed terms.

I see no way what you suggest could be drawn from anything that was said or disseminated today.

Last edited:
Rebel1 23, If I may respectfully point out that the areas of focus were drawn in an effort to have people in those areas jog their memories and be vigilant about anything that may be related, in very detailed terms.

There's no way what you suggest could be drawn from anything that was said or disseminated today.

I've pointed out that I'm speculating in a big way. I'm not going by the map alone; lots of different things.

Seems like WS used to do polls. I would like to know after all this time the way sluethrs are leaning.
Random
An acquaintance
Stranger
Sex Offender
Somebody closer
While home
While jogging
From Brooklyn
Trucker
Male
Female
I'm sure somebody a lot better than me can come up with a better poll but I'd sure be curious to see how everybody's leaning. TIA

I'm not sure how to answer some of these. A lot of them are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Some seem to fall into the same category. But I think there are some good questions asked here so I'll give it a go.

For sex offender: do you mean it was someone previously convicted of a sexual offense (and is therefore on the registry), someone who had committed a sexual offense before (but may not necessarily have been caught), or just that there was a sexual motivation? My answer would vary for each of those.

Previously convicted - 25%
Committed sexual offense before - 80%
Sexual motivation - 90%

For random: Do you mean unplanned attack, or random as in she did not know the perp? And if unplanned - to what level? Like...she got in a car voluntarily with an acquaintance and things went wrong, or someone wandered into town and only decided to attack after seeing her running alone? Those would vary as well.

Unplanned - 65%
Random Person (could be stalker, but unknown to her) - 30%

After meeting with acquaintance (not necessarily meeting them on purpose) - 60%

From small town of Brooklyn - 15%
Familiar with Brooklyn (from Brooklyn or surrounding area, or just familiar with town) - 90%
Trucker - 15%

Things I strongly believe (90% or better) : I'm convinced the incident happened while jogging/walking and was done by a male. I'll also say that I don't think it was someone she knew well, meaning not in her family or very close group of friends. I believe that a sexual motivation played a role. I also think it was someone who has been to Brooklyn before. And I believe Mollie is no longer with us.

I'm not sure how to answer some of these. A lot of them are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Some seem to fall into the same category. But I think there are some good questions asked here so I'll give it a go.

For sex offender: do you mean it was someone previously convicted of a sexual offense (and is therefore on the registry), someone who had committed a sexual offense before (but may not necessarily have been caught), or just that there was a sexual motivation? My answer would vary for each of those.

Previously convicted - 25%
Committed sexual offense before - 80%
Sexual motivation - 90%

For random: Do you mean unplanned attack, or random as in she did not know the perp? And if unplanned - to what level? Like...she got in a car voluntarily with an acquaintance and things went wrong, or someone wandered into town and only decided to attack after seeing her running alone? Those would vary as well.

Unplanned - 65%
Random Person (could be stalker, but unknown to her) - 30%

After meeting with acquaintance (not necessarily meeting them on purpose) - 60%

From small town of Brooklyn - 15%
Familiar with Brooklyn (from Brooklyn or surrounding area, or just familiar with town) - 90%
Trucker - 15%

Things I strongly believe (90% or better) : I'm convinced the incident happened while jogging/walking and was done by a male. I'll also say that I don't think it was someone she knew well, meaning not in her family or very close group of friends. I believe that a sexual motivation played a role. I also think it was someone who has been to Brooklyn before. And I believe Mollie is no longer with us.

You make so much sense, bizzle2. Thank you for taking the time to think it all through. Pleasure to read through however grim your conclusion.

Last edited:
Good-Morning-Animated-GIF-Wallpaper-Cup-Plate-Coffee1.gif

Thread is now open for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads