Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

The Sun article now also states 'bound'. This is the one containing the error mixing up GE/SE - it has now been corrected.
Her body was found dumped in a shallow grave, wrapped inside a duvet cover with her eyes and face bound with masking tape

Ex-fiance's heartbreaking tribute to 'murdered' midwife Samantha Eastwood as friends and family hold candlelit vigil

So the Sun has edited their article to add bound recently?

Who was the original source for how the body was found? ( ie who first mentioned the tape?)

I meant that we know what the pros QC said but IDK if there was a previous, equally authoritative source for it.

I wonder if we could find out what his company name was, maybe use the site check a trade or the likes to see his reviews - that could help shed more light on the merit of his work, and the whole summerhouse theory?
On SE & KS Fb page (KS now hidden), under 'favourites', the same fencing company was mentioned. Also on SE's was a hot tub company.

So the Sun has edited their article to add bound recently?

Who was the original source for how the body was found? ( ie who first mentioned the tape?)
I had to go back to p25 on WS to find where it was first mentioned. There was a link to Sky which mentioned tape 'around eyes and face' and then general discussion has led to the idea that this meant placing pieces over her face rather than around her, which the Sky article states. I am wondering if there is a deliberate avoidance of phrases suggesting force was used which might indicate time and cause of death and nature of the crime. IMO 'around' = 'bound'. I can't say whether The Sun has changed their wording as once they have edited a page, the original is lost.

Midwife Samantha Eastwood 'found in shallow grave with eyes taped'

Hi everyone, I’m new here and been following Samantha’s case.

Has anyone noticed that a lot of the press articles have mentioned that the murder took place between 26th July - 5th August, yet she was seen on cctv leaving work early on the 27th. At first I thought it was a typo, but are they trying to hint the attempt on her life happened the day before... Such as poisoning? Might not be anything but I have noticed it in all articles and by news reporters.

Let me know what you think.

It is the usual form used by the police and the courts. The crucial word is "between". So the dates given are the day before the victim was last seen, and the day after the body is found. They are exclusive dates, not inclusive.

Last edited:
On SE & KS Fb page (KS now hidden), under 'favourites', the same fencing company was mentioned. Also on SE's was a hot tub company.
inside-hottub-summerhouse.jpg

Just seeing if I can still attach images.

Interesting re fencing companies & hot tub. So at some stage, even if it was only a FB like press, SE did entertain idea of putting a tub inside there. Quite a few tub companies in Stoke online, seems popular. Is that due to TV shows here?

inside-hottub-summerhouse.jpg

Just seeing if I can still attach images.

Interesting re fencing companies & hot tub. So at some stage, even if it was only a FB like press, SE did entertain idea of putting a tub inside there. Quite a few tub companies in Stoke online, seems popular. Is that due to TV shows here?

Hi Cottonweaver. Nothing to do with TV shows, hot tubs have just become very affordable and fashionable. Every council house now has social gatherings in a hot tub in their garden. The budget version is an inflatable lazy spa on the grass (glorified adult paddling pool), mid-range is under cover of a gazebo and the more permanent and upmarket version is a plastic tub contained within a wooden structure

Not sure if this has been mentioned: (From D.Mirror 8/8/18)
"All other evidence in the case is complex, with narrative accounts of more than 20 witnesses, CCTV footage and phone records."
Missing midwife's body was found with masking tape over eyes and face

Good spot Yozzer, I don't think this has been mentioned before. It will be interesting to learn how MS's prior threatening behaviour is relevant to the case. It seems to be garnering more weight as the story rolls on. Perhaps he was openly threatening her which takes away some of the support for the illicit affair theory...certainly 20 witnesses and the swift arrest on kidnapping charges implies that many people were aware he was a threat. Especially when you consider it still took 8 days to find the body so you could assume not many of those 20 people actually witnessed the moving of the body.

Hi Cottonweaver. Nothing to do with TV shows, hot tubs have just become very affordable and fashionable. Every council house now has social gatherings in a hot tub in their garden. The budget version is an inflatable lazy spa on the grass (glorified adult paddling pool), mid-range is under cover of a gazebo and the more permanent and upmarket version is a plastic tub contained within a wooden structure

Hi Lucy. It's passed me by. I'm rural so occasionally see outside in holiday cottages but I didn't know they had become a "thing." When I looked them up I saw an inflatable type but didn't really look at those.
Looking again at the photos, looks like they could have been planning one in a less enclosed part of that summer house, at the gable end ( Not totally enclosed as per the photo example I uploaded yesterday.)

I think this nerdy looking man was stalking her because she had ended her relationship with his brother in law and would be ever so grateful for any man.
He certainly is a strange looking creature. But in the one picture I've seen of her, his wife KS is actually very attractive, which makes me wonder why he would bother...personally, I never cheated on either of my two ex-wives - or ex-gfs, for that matter - <modsnip>YMMV...I've never understood why people cheat anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve heard a good “theory” today.
When MS was originally arrested on the Tuesday the police took his phone and then used his tracking data to find where he had been in the recent days. Sounds obvious now someone else has said it to me. Not sure if anyone else realised this!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back