Found Deceased CA - Paul Miller, 51, Canadian missing in Joshua Tree National Park, San Bernardino Co., 13 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great points. And to those the other day who questioned what Neil_witness had to gain by "coming forward"... well the statement sure did shut people (on here) up for awhile. I didn't read the second post but the first sounded defensive to me. It might be a statement that one might fictionalize if they were trying to cast suspicion away from themselves. All the more reason to honor the process of only trusting those who choose to become verified.

All just my opinion.

What struck me about both statements was the clear animosity toward WS and the theories being floated here. If someone can’t try to convince a group of strangers without being snarky, I’m going to doubt their story. I also was struck by “unnecessary” detail, especially in the first account, which is often seen in false or “embellished” accounts. That being said, some people are prickly and meticulous about detail, so it could mean just that. I’m on another thread where a husband refuses to be verified and it’s like pulling teeth to get consistent and accurate information from him. Refusing to be verified is kind of a red flag regarding credibility even if there is no nefarious motive IMO.

<modsnip: Please do not discuss moderation. Thanks.>

I doubt Neil was falsifying his story; I just think he has the unrealistic expectation that others should react only in the way he prefers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am trying to reconcile Neil_witness's info with what was released in MSM. According to Neil_witness, he was interviewed by park personnel the day after Paul went missing.

Five days after Paul was reported missing, the Public Information Officer for JTNP said the following: There hasn't been any track evidence of Mr. Miller. There was no scent detection that came in from canine units," he said, adding there were no reports of contact from other hikers in the area that morning. "We did have at least one person that was in during the same time and came out and said they didn't see anybody else on the trail on the way in or out."

Source: Search scaled back for Guelph, Ont., man missing in California park | CBC News

I have trouble with this.
Was Neil mistaken about the day he was interviewed?
According to the PIO, nobody reported seeing Paul five days after he vanished.

I don't understand the canine units detecting nothing.

No need to reply . I am sure this has been discussed many times.
I have not been on this thread in awhile.

Maybe he did talk to the police and they didn't believe him. Usually the cops hold something back to make sure someone isn't making the sighting up, like they'll give a description of his clothes but not the "Canada Eh!" hat he was wearing - if the eyewitness doesn't mention the hat, they may be lying.

Maybe he did talk to the police and they didn't believe him. Usually the cops hold something back to make sure someone isn't making the sighting up, like they'll give a description of his clothes but not the "Canada Eh!" hat he was wearing - if the eyewitness doesn't mention the hat, they may be lying.

That could be. Maybe the police didn't consider his account of sufficient certainty to count? Their language of "no one saw him" is weirdly certain in the other direction though. Very odd and no obvious explanation comes to mind.

That could be. Maybe the police didn't consider his account of sufficient certainty to count? Their language of "no one saw him" is weirdly certain in the other direction though. Very odd and no obvious explanation comes to mind.
His car was found in parking area though right? So he must have been there at one point. Not sure why someone would point a finger to themselves if they were not legitimately a witness. Sensationalism at its best perhaps. jmo

His car was found in parking area though right? So he must have been there at one point. Not sure why someone would point a finger to themselves if they were not legitimately a witness. Sensationalism at its best perhaps. jmo

Since the police have said that no one saw him on the trail, who is pointing a finger at themselves?

Since the police have said that no one saw him on the trail, who is pointing a finger at themselves?
The witness named Neil who posted lengthy version of having seen him on the trail. And I'm not saying he was pointing a finger at himself...I'm asking why would he give such a detailed version if he did not really see him.

The witness named Neil who posted lengthy version of having seen him on the trail. And I'm not saying he was pointing a finger at himself...I'm asking why would he give such a detailed version if he did not really see him.

We don't know his name is Neil. We don't know if he talked to the police. We don't even know if he is a "he." We certainly don't know if they were even there much less a witness.

It's not all that detailed honestly. Mostly they are just repeating what was already published with the exception of a timeline change that hasn't been confirmed by anyone in authority or even by the family.

I have trouble with this.
Was Neil mistaken about the day he was interviewed?
According to the PIO, nobody reported seeing Paul five days after he vanished.

I don't understand the canine units detecting nothing.

No need to reply . I am sure this has been discussed many times.
I have not been on this thread in awhile.

I think maybe his statements to park officials about seeing Paul were not deemed reliable because of the different coloured car he saw?

Would someone be so kind as to lay out the possibilities of what happened to Paul beyond him going on this hike, getting lost, and dying?

I have been following since the beginning but I am not sure of the implications of the dogs not sensing him, etc.

We don't know his name is Neil. We don't know if he talked to the police. We don't even know if he is a "he." We certainly don't know if they were even there much less a witness.

It's not all that detailed honestly. Mostly they are just repeating what was already published with the exception of a timeline change that hasn't been confirmed by anyone in authority or even by the family.
I was referring to his/ her ws screen name which is Neil. He/ she wrote a lengthy eye witness account on here. Again, I’m only asking why report all that he/she did if not true?

I was referring to his/ her ws screen name which is Neil. He/ she wrote a lengthy eye witness account on here. Again, I’m only asking why report all that he/she did if not true?
Not saying this person is...but there are, unfortunately, crackpots who like to insert themselves in cases. Some of them believe what they are saying.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Wow, when they said steep I didn't realize they meant so steep you had to do a technical climb.

That is scary.

Another search was conducted on Sunday for Paul. <modsnipped go fund me links are not allowed without owner permission>

SBCSDVolunteerForces‏ @VolunteerForces Aug 12
SBSD Search & Rescue Technical Rope Teams are out today in Joshua Tree National Park to continue the search for a lost Canadian hiker. Teams are searching the steep canyons our previous grounds teams couldn’t get into.(3rd photo from file)
DkaU2cxU4AEIbIN.jpg

DkaU2czU4AAQoYr.jpg

DkaU2cyV4AA5zgT.jpg

Source: SBCSDVolunteerForces (@VolunteerForces) | Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics