UK - Car 'ploughs into cyclists' and into security barriers outside Houses of Parliament, Aug 2018

Not a reader of NA and seeing the gates as funders I won’t be a reader.

I understand!

Lets review the numbers.

Here are the statistics :

20170131_Trump_Terror_Cases.jpg

London police: Car rampage outside Westminister treated as ‘terrorist incident’

London police: Car rampage outside Westminister treated as ‘terrorist incident’

“Given that this appears to be a deliberate act, the method and this being an iconic site, we are treating it as a terrorist incident and the investigation is being led by officers from the Counter Terrorism Command,” said Assistant Police Commissioner Neil Basu.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan said: “All Londoners, like me, utterly condemn all acts of terrorism on our city. The response of Londoners today shows that we will never be cowed, intimidated or divided by any terrorist attack.”

“Given that this appears to be a deliberate attack, the method and this being an iconic site, we are treating it as a terrorist incident,” said Basu.

It is understood police have identified the man and that he is from the Midlands. The owner of the car is known to police, the Guardian understands, although it is unclear whether the suspect is that owner.

Parliament crash: man arrested on suspicion of terrorism

Westminster terror suspect WAS known to police but not MI5: Man arrested after 'attack' is 'from the Midlands and used a Ford Fiesta bought two months ago to mow down 15 cyclists'
  • Terror suspect in twenties arrested after Ford Fiesta hit crowds and smashed into barriers outside Parliament
  • Suspect was pulled from the car by armed officers who surrounded vehicle outside St Stephen's entrance
  • Unnamed man is refusing to co-operate or give any potential motive but he may have aimed at police officers
  • Pedestrians and cyclists describe car on wrong side of road then swerving deliberately to hit them at 50mph
  • Crash came 17 months after Khalid Masood killed 5 on Westminster Bridge before murdering PC Keith Palmer
  • Security beefed up since then and Ford Fiesta was stopped by new barrier able to repel speeding lorry
  • Did you see the incident or know the arrested man? Email martin.robinson@mailonline.co.uk
Westminster terror attack: CCTV shows car mowing down cyclists | Daily Mail Online

On sky news why do i keep seeing like biohazard dudes or ladies all dressed up in their stuff??

they are searching three places so might be a cell they need to be careful

the black barriers are neat looking never seen like that

ha ha ha

i just saw an animation - it looks like the idiot did not know about the barricade ha ha

how far away is where he came from is this

News reports seem to be saying he is from Birmingham, so about 120-130 miles give or take.

They put up a lot more security barriers since the attack last year. By the looks of it that prevented this situation being an awful lot worse.

I was in Westminster today - it is the city I used to work in, the city I love and a place that has my heart. A strange feeling to see it so heavily cordoned off this morning, crowds of people waiting on the streets. By the time I went home this afternoon the tube station had been reopened, most streets un-cordoned (save the obvious crime scene where they are still working) and everything back to normal.

As always, so very proud of our police. It is so clear on the videos how professional they are - you can see the ARVs arrive, and they are straight out and surrounding the vehicle. They run towards the situations so many run away from, to protect others, and, somewhat ironically, in the city where the decisions are made to cut police funding, or to cap their pay increase so that it is lower than the rate of inflation.

Fortunately this incident could have been a hell of a lot worse. But they weren't to know that. Last year they saw one of their colleagues stabbed and killed in a similar attack at Westminster, another paralysed in the same attack, another only just returning to work and another stabbed by terrorists a couple of months later. And they put themselves on the frontline each day, often unarmed (though in London seeing armed officers is not uncommon at all). Inspirations.

Neighbours of the house in Nottingham have said the flat is home to six Sudanese people, and a security source told HuffPost that the suspect is a British citizen of a Sudanese origin.

Westminster terror attack: CCTV shows car mowing down cyclists | Daily Mail Online

The Metropolitan Police have said the Fiesta the suspect used in the attack travelled from Birmingham to London late last night before arriving just after midnight.

The car was seen in the Tottenham Court Road area between 1.25am and 5.55am before being driven around the Westminster and Whitehall area from 6am. It stayed in the area until the attack at 7.30am.

Interestingly, some suggestion from some areas that the silver transit van in the footage originally behind the car may have been an unmarked police vehicle, or seems to be following the car.

It certainly does seem to attempt to get through the traffic towards the car, and possibly flashing lights, though very hard to tell.

But it could well be coincidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back