Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way Saul. Doria moving to the UK, no surprise there. I had a feeling that would be happening and of course she will want to be part the designer twins' lives.
Easy street for Meghan and her momma. Oh well.

Harry, what a mess. All the gorgeous girlfriends you had and now look at your life.
Please don't throw stones at me. I have said a 100 hundred times I am not a fan of Meg. Her looks bother me (creepy eyes, rat nest hair, etc.).

I personally think Harry should have looked elsewhere. Too much crazy in that family. All families have some level of crazy but they appear to enjoy putting it on display which is another kettle of fish.

I wonder if he was aware of it, even if just on the surface. If so:

Did he believe they wouldn’t have to deal with any of it?
That it wouldn’t affect them?
Did he choose to not find out more so he could also appear surprised & appalled?
What was his reason for meeting Doria in advance of the wedding and not TM? Did Meg make that call... and why?
Was he just hopelessly in love, operating in blind love...not seeing any of the dysfunction?

The above questions are just coming from my curiosity, nothing more, nothing less. Chime in...

I’m done with Thomas and Samantha. I’m totally bored with both and not interested in anything they have to say. I hope the media and the public get bored with them too.

I’m glad Doria is moving over here the Duchess should have one decent family member in her life.

I’m done with Thomas and Samantha. I’m totally bored with both and not interested in anything they have to say. I hope the media and the public get bored with them too.

I’m glad Doria is moving over here the Duchess should have one decent family member in her life.

I think it will be very helpful for Doria to be there too Graham.

Hopefully the drama intensity will heighten quickly to a fever pitch only to run ashore forever. I think the faster & more aggressive they get, the faster they fall off. As in, not even worth it for the networks.

The way Thomas Markle keeps appearing in the news badmouthing Megan, do you think the Royals will get fed up with it and buy him off? Of course, this would be handled by Granny.

Quite frankly I would not want a person like TM in my simple abode, let alone the castle of England. I understand he is upset, however, I wouldn’t trust him for a minute. That is trust his mouth or vow to keep everything seen or heard confidential.

The way Thomas Markle keeps appearing in the news badmouthing Megan, do you think the Royals will get fed up with it and buy him off? Of course, this would be handled by Granny.

Quite frankly I would not want a person like TM in my simple abode, let alone the castle of England. I understand he is upset, however, I wouldn’t trust him for a minute. That is trust his mouth or vow to keep everything seen or heard confidential.

No because the irritating individual would just keep coming back for more and more. Her Majesty the Queen stood up to Hitler so she can handle annoying relatives.

Meghan Markle will not speak to her father Thomas until he makes contact in a 'respectful manner' and stops airing his grievances in public, DailyMail.com has learned.

The Duchess of Sussex, 37, has not spoken to Markle Sr since shortly after her wedding to Prince Harry in May when the royal, 33, allegedly berated the retiree for staging a series of fake photos with a Los Angeles-based paparazzi photographer.

Since then, the 74-year-old has gone on to give a series of interviews in which he claimed Meghan would be better off 'if I was dead' and said he had been cut off by Kensington Palace and has no way of contacting his youngest daughter.

But a close friend of the 37-year-old has now told DailyMail.com that Markle Sr does have a means of contacting Meghan – via her mother Doria Ragland, 62.

Meghan Markle hasn't spoken to her dad because he hasn't contacted her in a 'respectful manner' | Daily Mail Online

Much good will it do them, given that Harry Markle never took the time to meet his future father in law.

Please Harry and Meghan, tell us lesser mortals how to live. Add some world peace too, if you can. Go full humanitarian.

The way her dad is acting towards Meghan, very possessive and demanding contact, really strikes me the wrong way. Like the kind of guy I would not want kids around. MOO

I agree. And, if or when Harry and Meghan have children, it would probably be in everyone's best interest for the Markle clan to have limited, if any, contact with said children.

The way her dad is acting towards Meghan, very possessive and demanding contact, really strikes me the wrong way. Like the kind of guy I would not want kids around. MOO

I see him more as a guy who sacrificed a lot to raise her. He took care of her as a single parent from the time she was 11 until she graduated high school, helped her with launching her career, introduced her to people, took her on the set where he worked, etc. He certainly wasn't a neglectful parent. JMO, his anger comes from sadness at being rejected by his own daughter, for no really good reason. Seems she left him behind several years ago, when she began climbing the ladder in her acting career and no longer needed his help. She does seem to have a history of dumping people when they're no longer useful to her.

For that reason, their relationship will likely never be mended. She doesn't see a need for a relationship with him. Unfortunately, his speaking out is now making it appear she was justified in dropping him so long ago. I feel sorry for the guy. It's got to be very painful to have a child reject you when you've invested so much emotionally and otherwise in their upbringing. He's in a no-win situation - he's either labeled a bad father for speaking out or labeled a neglectful father if he doesn't and follows her wishes by letting their relationship end.

omitted for space

For that reason, their relationship will likely never be mended. She doesn't see a need for a relationship with him. Unfortunately, his speaking out is now making it appear she was justified in dropping him so long ago. I feel sorry for the guy. It's got to be very painful to have a child reject you when you've invested so much emotionally and otherwise in their upbringing. He's in a no-win situation - he's either labeled a bad father for speaking out or labeled a neglectful father if he doesn't and follows her wishes by letting their relationship end.

Thanks for sharing your perspective. What makes me somewhat sad for her father is that he probably has no one to talk to about how hurt he is. Confiding in his other children is of no help to him. He's lashing out and causing further alienation. I hope he gets some counselling. To feel rejected with the world watching can't be easy. If he had a trusted and wise person to share his feelings with he wouldn't have gone to the media.

I wonder if he was aware of it, even if just on the surface. If so:

Did he believe they wouldn’t have to deal with any of it?
That it wouldn’t affect them?
Did he choose to not find out more so he could also appear surprised & appalled?
What was his reason for meeting Doria in advance of the wedding and not TM? Did Meg make that call... and why?
Was he just hopelessly in love, operating in blind love...not seeing any of the dysfunction?

The above questions are just coming from my curiosity, nothing more, nothing less. Chime in...
Blind love. I honestly think that the Royal Family saw him as a lost person. An adult who was scarred by the loss of his mother at such a young age. Gone were those famous Princess Diana hugs and her nurturing. Prince Charles didn't have that kind of upbringing and of course wouldn't have been like that with his kids, although they do have a loving relationship.
I get the impression the family was happy he finally found someone to settle down with and hopefully would be happy.
Still, the Queen should not have approved of the marriage. MM's family dynamics should have been a huge warning sign. It doesn't matter that the royals had their own normal family drama. MM's family drama is not your normal, average family disagreement. She's marrying a prince not a plumber.
Good questions, why would he meet the mother and not the father? Did he question why she and her mother have ZERO family relationships. Did he not question how her family dynamics would affect their marriage? Did he ever wonder what it would be like for their children to have no relatives on their mother's side? No cousins, no grand dad, no culture, no tradition. Nothing.

Blind love. I honestly think that the Royal Family saw him as a lost person. An adult who was scarred by the loss of his mother at such a young age. Gone were those famous Princess Diana hugs and her nurturing. Prince Charles didn't have that kind of upbringing and of course wouldn't have been like that with his kids, although they do have a loving relationship.
I get the impression the family was happy he finally found someone to settle down with and hopefully would be happy.
Still, the Queen should not have approved of the marriage. MM's family dynamics should have been a huge warning sign. It doesn't matter that the royals had their own normal family drama. MM's family drama is not your normal, average family disagreement. She's marrying a prince not a plumber.
Good questions, why would he meet the mother and not the father? Did he question why she and her mother have ZERO family relationships. Did he not question how her family dynamics would affect their marriage? Did he ever wonder what it would be like for their children to have no relatives on their mother's side? No cousins, no grand dad, no culture, no tradition. Nothing.

I don’t think the family dynamics of Meghan’s family would bother Her Majesty The Queen. Can you imagine how the Duke of Sussex/Prince Harry would have reacted if the Queen has said no you aren’t marrying Meghan. He would have gone ballistic and possibly gave up his title and Royal life.

If he wanted to marry someone like Katie Price a formal glamour model with no manners or decency then I can understand The Queen stepping in and saying no. I don’t think it would be fair to punish The Duchess of Sussex for the behaviour of her father and 1/2 sister.

The Queen saw first hand with Princess Margaret what not marrying someone you loved because you weren’t allowed can do to a person.

I don’t think the Queen would have denied Harry the woman he loved, regardless of her family drama. As Queen Elizabeth well knows, family foibles and fractures lose traction after awhile if you just go about your business and ignore it for the most part. Prince Charles was taped saying some stupid disgusting sexual things to Camilla, but that’s ancient history...and the Markles soon will be too. The Queen may have discussed the Markles and warned Harry that he and Meghan might be in for a wild ride for awhile. But forbid his marriage, no.

As for Harry, like many young men and women in love, family dynamics isn’t a deal-breaker. I don’t think most people would turn away from someone without a large extended family if they love them. Personally, I can’t say that having cousins enhanced my childhood particularly. And not having cousins didn’t deprive our daughter. Friends become family and new traditions are made. I think and hope that Harry and Meghan bring out the best in each other. That’s “The Power of Love” which was the theme of the sermon.

Bishop Michael Curry's Royal Wedding Sermon: Full Text Of 'The Power Of Love'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member