Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the car wash should be looked at more as who stopped in the parking lot to talk to who? Do we know yet where the kids hangout? In the small town I grew up it was the car wash. Seems strange, yes but there were not many options. Wasn't there mention of something happening at the high school that evening? Maybe the car wash is really JUST for the cameras to see who went by or stopped their cars to chat with one another. That's what kids do in small towns - they drive around on summer evenings and stop at Casey's for snacks and a soda and drop their cars in parking lots and jump in with friends.

'Look at the car wash.'
'Look for people with haircuts and car repairs. '
Give me a break. A 72 year old neighbor has insomnia ....according to LE, you should report that?
the case is COLD.
They have no clue.
When one of the activities is present from the list it's not a big deal. But if you combine several of the activities together, that's when it becomes suspicious.

Since my last post I’ve learned that there are quite a few small town folks like myself so I’m wondering everyone’s take on something... Ever since sharonnneedles posted his videos of the drive through I’ve been wondering about signage or lack thereof. It was obvious that there were some yard signs and in the business district a few large banners of the missing posters but knowing it’s a small, tighknit town led me to believe that the physical appearance of the town would’ve been much different at this point. I expected large sized banners COVERING the town with fliers and yard signs as deep as the eye could see and a very large community presence in terms of searches etc. I just didn’t see that (even though there is undeniably a lot of support from the town)so I’ve been wondering if that is indicative of a culture where some are of the mindset of “minding your own business” or just simply due to the town being more concerned with covering the surrounding areas? I know that this isn’t uncovering leads or anything of the sort, it’s just something that has been gnawing at me since the videos were posted. Just wondering your take on it or if I’m the only one who felt that way.

What strikes people as far as why the red shaded areas are marked?

For example, are any in random empty places where there is not even a road intersection?

I live a half hour from Brooklyn and just returned home from that area. I wanted to drive down V21 where the unknown red circles are. I only went a mile or so down the road as I was not expecting it to be gravel. Many Iowa roads that start with a V are blacktop.
It seems to me they are saying that going south on that road is how her phone or Fitbit left Brooklyn. V21 is a very rough gravel road and it has no access to I80. I just can’t see anyone who came from the Interstate taking that road especially at night.
Most of the vehicles you would see on that road are pickups. I think we maybe looking at someone driving a pickup while living close enough to Brooklyn to know Mollie. Perhaps someone who lives not far from the southern red circle. Someone close to her age that she knew well enough to hop in their truck.
What if the car wash wasn't used to get rid of DNA but to actually clean a vehicle... As in it got muddy or dirty from a gravel road or puddle which would have been an indicator of where it had been. Or maybe it was a spot to sit and watch and wait until an opportunity presented itself.

Re:the car wash, that's what I am thinking too. If this guy was driving around gravel/dirt roads, his vehicle would be really dusty and dirty. If it's someone who normally keeps a clean truck, doesn't go out down unpaved roads often, it would stick out if their truck were covered in dust, etc.

When one of the activities is present from the list it's not a big deal. But if you combine several of the activities together, that's when it becomes suspicious.

By that equation, I should be reported to LE, if I suffer insomnia and I recently had a haircut!!
Which I do! That's because I'm starting a new job..... Not because I hurt somebody.

They are grasping at straws. They have NO clue.

I wouldn’t imagine even a worst case scenario here would result in a bloodbath in or on a car... keep it real.

You're right about the bloodbath part, but cleaning a vehicle out pre/post an abduction run would make sense in an attempt to limit transfer evidence, both ways. Increasing one's loiter time, on the front end, in Brooklyn is risky only if not a local, but as one post above pointed out, it might give a hunter the chance to center himself and to scope out the town before going on the prowl. Just a thought, in MOO!

<modsnipped>
Need to hear it from LE.
"A source close to" doesn't really cut it for me

JMO
<modsnipped>
However, it wouldn't be the first time a perp involved himself in a case. I would imagine LE is looking at all the pictures of all the events to match who attends, match who is also calling in tips, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live a half hour from Brooklyn and just returned home from that area. I wanted to drive down V21 where the unknown red circles are. I only went a mile or so down the road as I was not expecting it to be gravel. Many Iowa roads that start with a V are blacktop.
It seems to me they are saying that going south on that road is how her phone or Fitbit left Brooklyn. V21 is a very rough gravel road and it has no access to I80. I just can’t see anyone who came from the Interstate taking that road especially at night.
Most of the vehicles you would see on that road are pickups. I think we maybe looking at someone driving a pickup while living close enough to Brooklyn to know Mollie. Perhaps someone who lives not far from the southern red circle. Someone close to her age that she knew well enough to hop in their truck.

This confirms my thought that v21 is gravel, and you might need a pick-up truck to travel. Local hunters use or would know a lot of these types of roads.

They absolutely mentioned all of those things yesterday. Maybe not using those exact words but pointed out all of those things.

Thanks, MG! I just went back and rewatched yesterday's pc...the vehicle is so critical, if LE could locate that, I think they could get the perp put away for kidnapping even without finding MT. In the Christina Morris case, EA was convicted and sentenced to life for her kidnapping before she was ever located. She was found this year in a field in Texas, I believe. EA had cleaned his vehicle but LE still found evidence of CM's DNA in the trunk of his car. I have zero doubt LE has watched footage from every security camera in Brooklyn to follow up on every single vehicle.

Since my last post I’ve learned that there are quite a few small town folks like myself so I’m wondering everyone’s take on something... Ever since sharonnneedles posted his videos of the drive through I’ve been wondering about signage or lack thereof. It was obvious that there were some yard signs and in the business district a few large banners of the missing posters but knowing it’s a small, tighknit town led me to believe that the physical appearance of the town would’ve been much different at this point. I expected large sized banners COVERING the town with fliers and yard signs as deep as the eye could see and a very large community presence in terms of searches etc. I just didn’t see that (even though there is undeniably a lot of support from the town)so I’ve been wondering if that is indicative of a culture where some are of the mindset of “minding your own business” or just simply due to the town being more concerned with covering the surrounding areas? I know that this isn’t uncovering leads or anything of the sort, it’s just something that has been gnawing at me since the videos were posted. Just wondering your take on it or if I’m the only one who felt that way.
I lived near a town with a population of about 40 people, but the physical address was from the nearby city of 12,000. In the city of 12,000 I think there would be more signage than what I saw in the videos. Probably depends on the average age of the people in the town. I think the younger families would be more concerned as those older ones who are actively involved in the community.

A possible reason LE is not releasing a timeline could be because it would cause everyone paying attention to seriously question who, what and why. Keep in mind that perceived departmental integrity typically trumps all.

By that equation, I should be reported to LE, if I suffer insomnia and I recently had a haircut!!
Which I do! That's because I'm starting a new job..... Not because I hurt somebody.

They are grasping at straws. They have NO clue.
Most perpetrators of crimes like this, exhibit post offense behavior that is completely out of character with what is normal for them. That is a fact. The vast majority of tips that will come in because of LE pointing out this fact, will be useless. It only takes one though, which is why LE is putting this out there.
This is absolutely crucial information, whether you chose to accept this is entirely up to you. But your criticism of LE doing this, is in no way reflective of its utmost importance.

<modsnipped quoted post>
<modsnipped reply> For what purpose? No idea, but "sources" with LE inside information are typically not coincidental.

I'm with you. I totally believe that the POI lives close to the southern red circle which explains why LE searched the hog farm in that general area so many times.

What strikes people as far as why the red shaded areas are marked?

For example, are any in random empty places where there is not even a road intersection?
I think it's a combination of things.
1. Area(s) where an eyewitness claims to have seen Mollie jogging
2. Areas where surveillance cameras captured Mollie jogging, unknown vehicles, or other suspicious activity
3. Wifi hotspots used by Mollie's cell phone
4. ?

IMO when they talk about odd behavior it's all encompassing. They delved into some specific behavior a little more like the increased consumption of alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, things of that nature. But IMO they are asking for anything and everything out of the ordinary to be brought to their attention. There are going to be thousands of leads but I feel they are prepared to sift through those. It just takes that ONE lead from someone who didn't even realize they were seeing the signs.

PNWgirl, agree. A single lead from a lone caller can break the whole case open for LE. I do think changes to an individual's vehicle are the biggest, most promising leads for LE to chase down.

POLL:

1) She was hit by a car and removed from the scene and dumped or buried somewhere far off.
2) She was abducted by a stranger and is either dead or alive.
3) She was abducted by an acquaintance and is either dead or alive.
4) She went willingly with someone and it has just gone out of control.
<modsnipped>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members