Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - problem this morning....

I keep getting the "Consent" thingy this morning when I go to & from different threads. At first I hit "No", but then it kept coming up, so I hit "yes", but it still keeps coming up....
@WSAdmin

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but how do I add someone to a Conversation? I can find only three options. 1. Edit title. 2. Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others. And 3. Lock conversation.

But how do I invite others? I have looked everywhere, but I can't figure it out.

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but how do I add someone to a Conversation? I can find only three options. 1. Edit title. 2. Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others. And 3. Lock conversation.

But how do I invite others? I have looked everywhere, but I can't figure it out.

When starting a conversation enter poster names where I've shown the X's. Once started there is a "Invite More" option under "Conversation Participants". HTH's

Start a New Conversation

Participants: XXXXXXX
Separate names with a comma. You may invite up to 20 member(s).

When starting a conversation enter poster names where I've shown the X's. Once started there is a "Invite More" option under "Conversation Participants". HTH's

Start a New Conversation

Participants: XXXXXXX
Separate names with a comma. You may invite up to 20 member(s).

OK, thanks, but I'm not seeing "Invite More" or the "Conversation Participants". I see the Conversation Participants on my Conversations list. But I guess that's not where you mean.

This could be a problem with my software. I might have to troubleshoot it more myself. Thanks for the response.

OK, thanks, but I'm not seeing "Invite More" or the "Conversation Participants". I see the Conversation Participants on my Conversations list. But I guess that's not where you mean.

This could be a problem with my software. I might have to troubleshoot it more myself. Thanks for the response.

Sorry, I should have realized it wasn't that simple. But, just in case, on my screen "conversation info" and "conversation participants" are on the right side, near the top. Might be at the bottom, depending on the device used.

ETA: I can see those options after I start or open a conversation.

Last edited:

You probably know this, but it slipped my mind at first. You can’t add people to a conversation you didn’t start. I was looking everywhere and finally went “duh.” o_O

Sorry, I should have realized it wasn't that simple. But, just in case, on my screen "conversation info" and "conversation participants" are on the right side, near the top. Might be at the bottom, depending on the device used.

ETA: I can see those options after I start or open a conversation.

OK, thanks for the detailed explanation. It's definitely my software. I'll work on it when I get some time.

Got this @ 5:36pm cst while reading the thread on Shannon, Celeste & Ella Watts missing. It came up when I clicked between page

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180814-173602.jpg
    Screenshot_20180814-173602.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 56

Are you on a phone because I am and I don't have those options either so I just gave up trying to add . I have seen little improvements even when only 500 total persons are on line.

Are you on a phone because I am and I don't have those options either so I just gave up trying to add . I have seen little improvements even when only 500 total persons are on line.

Nope, I'm on a MacBook computer and a Mac Desktop. I believe the problem is my software though. But it's still pretty weird that I have an option to allow others to invite people, but I have no option to invite them myself. Why would those options not be in the same place? I just don't get it.

Nope, I'm on a MacBook computer and a Mac Desktop. I believe the problem is my software though. But it's still pretty weird that I have an option to allow others to invite people, but I have no option to invite them myself. Why would those options not be in the same place? I just don't get it.

Me neither. Hoping things will improve and probs get ironed out eventually.

I found the "invite more" button. It is way down at the bottom just above the "Staff online" section on my device.

Yes, on my iPad the “invite more” button is at the end of the list of people I’ve invited right above “Staff online.” But it’s only there if it’s a conversation I’ve started, not those I’ve been invited to join, obviously, unless the one who started the conversation has checked the box allowing participants to invite others.

Anyone having issues with Alerts today? Mine aren’t showing up on any threads I’m following.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member