Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one disputes that. And God knows, there was so much more of it back in 1982 .. you'd be hard pressed to bury your cat anywhere between Ulladulla and Newcastle these days .
Did they go to Ulladulla? I thought that they went to the Central Coast. I travel to Sydney from Newcastle quite often sometimes along the old Pacific Highway and there is still lots of bush.

Reactions: DRT
I was asking if they went to Ulladulla or the Central Coast?
it was a figure of speech .. I was marking the scope and territory of dense suburban sprawl.. I have no idea who went, or if anyone connected to this crime went to or from Ulladulla.

well the time frame he had up his sleeve....sadly anything is possible.
lyn went missing the night of the 8th.chris picked up joanne on the 15th.
a week. …..

personally I believe lyn is at bayview.

the m1 /f3 was under heavy construction early 80s though......never find her if she was off loaded anywhere north of Sydney.:confused:

it was a figure of speech .. I was marking the scope and territory of dense suburban sprawl.. I have no idea who went, or if anyone connected to this crime went to or from Ulladulla.
So where did they go? To the south coast or the central coast? Is that not important about where they may have been, to dispose of her body?

a week. …..

the m1 /f3 was under heavy construction early 80s though......never find her if she was off loaded anywhere north of Sydney.:confused:

and this is so true, one reason why Kylie Labouchardiere's body may never be found, , road construction, bridge construction... I lost my conviction on Lynn being buried at Bayview, mainly because they both sold their property there. That seems so dangerous to me, that it put doubts in my mind re that location..

And plenty of time for Paul , and Marilyn , too.. And they've been so vague about exactly where they went in the borrowed caravan..

Listening to the replay of Peter Dawson, the solicitor brother, at the inquest, and re reading his letter to the author of the book, etc.. I am struck at how aggressive and declarative and absolutely certain Peter is about Lynnette's voluntary exit.

When all he has to go on, is third hand ….. he didn't see or hear about the religious cult bloke , he only heard about him thru Paul and Marilyn and Chris.. he didn't see or know about Lynn's use of her bankcard, he heard about it from Chris and Paul and Marilyn . He didn't see, or hear Lynn go to the bus stop, Chris told him about that. Things of that nature.

Actually, all of Peter's definitive and firm claims, which he used as an officer of the court were third hand claims, there were none of his own volition. Except, and rather telling, I thought , was his unasked for declaration of brotherly love for Lynnette, which is odd, considering the rest of his declarations in regard to Lynnette.

Last edited:
oooo it was just a passing mention in Chapter 13, . that after Joanne's departure, an unhappy and unwanted outcome , according to Chris, apparently he took up with a teacher at the school, which must have been a nice change from taking up with the schoolgirls, but unfortunately, as things sometimes go awry, the 3rd Mrs C Dawson didn't get on with either Paul or Marilyn....

well I wonder why.... but there it is, and she and Chris moved on to Yeppoon, which was the first time Chris had lived without his brother, come to think on it. But he talked about him all the time!.... as one does.

More about Mrs C #3 I don't know, ,but I have a feeling we will be told more!..
The twins will soon celebrate their 70th birthday and that Chris had celebrated a significant anniversary which I assume is 25 years with his third wife. Good luck to her.

"Milestones abound at this stage of his life. In eight weeks he will be 70. Last month, he went to Fiji with family to celebrate a significant anniversary in his third marriage."

Nocookies

The twins will soon celebrate their 70th birthday and that Chris had celebrated a significant anniversary which I assume is 25 years with his third wife. Good luck to her.

"Milestones abound at this stage of his life. In eight weeks he will be 70. Last month, he went to Fiji with family to celebrate a significant anniversary in his third marriage."

Nocookies

maybe this marriage owes it's success to the #3 Mrs C insisting on moving as far away from Paul and Marilyn as was possible and still be in the Australian teaching profession.

They will have to make up some story that Lyn went completely bonkers and was trying to kill Chris and the kids. How else could they make her death, her fault?
I wonder where she is? There is a lot of virgin bushland between Sydney and South West Rocks.

There is bushland behind where Paul and Marilyn lived I remember hearing in the podcast. I still think it's possible she is buried on the property. There was only a small amount of land around the pool that was dug up. I think moving house would actually be an advantage to Chris because police would be less likely to dig up someone else's property given they had to put it back to normal.

maybe this marriage owes it's success to the #3 Mrs C insisting on moving as far away from Paul and Marilyn as was possible and still be in the Australian teaching profession.
Chris retired from teaching in 2003 after the second inquest. This would probably be at 54 if my calculations are correct.

"Following this year's second inquest, Chris Dawson was stood down from his job in a Queensland girls' school and has since retired from teaching."

I know you were talking about his wife but I thought this was interesting.

Australian Story - Looking for Lyn

There is bushland behind where Paul and Marilyn lived I remember hearing in the podcast. I still think it's possible she is buried on the property. There was only a small amount of land around the pool that was dug up. I think moving house would actually be an advantage to Chris because police would be less likely to dig up someone else's property given they had to put it back to normal.
yes I tend to agree drt.
they should definitely get busy at bayview looking for lyn!
this tax payer doesn't mind one bit re-embursing current home owners for their inconvenience

Have followed this story since it was announced a podcast was due to be released and listened to each podcast twice. Tragic, fascinating, frustrating; this one has it all in spades. I look forward to engaging in the conversation here.

Have followed this story since it was announced a podcast was due to be released and listened to each podcast twice. Tragic, fascinating, frustrating; this one has it all in spades. I look forward to engaging in the conversation here.

It certainly is. Welcome to Lynette’s thread, Cliff.

a week. …..

Hedley in his interview on Studio 10 this week still states Joanne moved in 2 days after Joanne’s disappearance

Cheers for the warm welcome.

My wife has followed this story almost as closely as I have and has perhaps an even lower opinion of Chris & Paul than I do.

I have listened to ep13 and my wife is about to. I have told her to be prepared to meet the worst Dawson of all. Not sure she believes me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23