LA - Missing Missouri Boy, 16, found in motel with 'human bite marks', Acadia Parish, Aug 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Missing U City teen found in Louisiana, relieved but with possible ‘human bites’

A 16-year-old boy reported missing from University City nearly three weeks ago was found at a motel in Duson, Louisiana.

Police received a call for assistance from a Super 8 off Interstate 10 in Duson when the boy went to the front desk and asked for help.

Officers discovered the boy with a 27-year-old man, who is a cross-country truck driver. The pair reportedly met on Tinder.

The teen’s mother reported him missing when he didn’t return home on July 21, and through undisclosed tracking methods, authorities were able to tell he was traveling across the country, but they were unable to pinpoint his exact location.

According to police, the boy was taken to a local hospital to be treated for what appeared to be human bites.

Missing 16-year-old U. City boy found in Louisiana motel with 'human bite marks'

Authorities investigate human trafficking case involving 16 year old boy

Human trafficking case opens in Duson, victim called 911 from hotel

How can they be so sure no crime happened Louisiana? Can they not hold him for another state? He was taken across state lines. Is the FBI getting involved?
We are told to watch for human trafficking, then when it happens they question the potential perp for a little bit of time and then he leaves the state?? If it was a girl, they would have arrested the truck driver.

Missing U City teen found in Louisiana, relieved but with possible ‘human bites’

A 16-year-old boy reported missing from University City nearly three weeks ago was found at a motel in Duson, Louisiana.

Police received a call for assistance from a Super 8 off Interstate 10 in Duson when the boy went to the front desk and asked for help.

Officers discovered the boy with a 27-year-old man, who is a cross-country truck driver. The pair reportedly met on Tinder.

The teen’s mother reported him missing when he didn’t return home on July 21, and through undisclosed tracking methods, authorities were able to tell he was traveling across the country, but they were unable to pinpoint his exact location.

According to police, the boy was taken to a local hospital to be treated for what appeared to be human bites.

Missing 16-year-old U. City boy found in Louisiana motel with 'human bite marks'

Authorities investigate human trafficking case involving 16 year old boy

Human trafficking case opens in Duson, victim called 911 from hotel

I'm confused as to why the Duson LA cops would release a 27 year old that was traveling with a 16 year-old. The 16 year-old called the police in that parish and state. I'm glad the boy is safe.

How can they be so sure no crime happened Louisiana? Can they not hold him for another state? He was taken across state lines. Is the FBI getting involved?
We are told to watch for human trafficking, then when it happens they question the potential perp for a little bit of time and then he leaves the state?? If it was a girl, they would have arrested the truck driver.

I was wondering if the police didn't like the potential gay aspect of the crime. Just because someone willingly meets up with a perpetrator doesn't make them less of a victim. Agreeing to meet someone is not the same as agreeing to be raped or bitten or taken through multiple states. Even if you agree to a road trip the minute you ask to be returned home you should be. This sounds like crap police work.

DO WHAT?!?!?! NO charges?!?!?!? WTW?!??! Arrest him for human trafficking! You don't take a minor across MULTIPLE state lines!!!

Or send him to the state he kidnapped the boy in. Why would they just let him get back in his truck and probably back on Tinder. I'm pretty sure taking a minor from one state to another is a crime.

Hopefully some law enforcement agency will check with the 27 year old's company. Maybe they have GPS for the vehicle. Hopefully someone checks the truck itself and looks into where this guy was in different states.

If nothing else, seems like they could arrest him for statutory rape. Unless that's legal in Louisiana. Just awful. I hope the FBI is all over this guy like a cheap suit.

I checked and it looks like consent starts at 17 that is also the same for Missouri. Even if he wasn't raped in that state or town wouldn't bringing him there be a crime. The 16 year old had bite marks and called 911 in their town. You think they could arrest him for some crime against a minor. I don't think it matters if you technically believed he was 18 or 19.

I checked and it looks like consent starts at 17 that is also the same for Missouri. Even if he wasn't raped in that state or town wouldn't bringing him there be a crime. The 16 year old had bite marks and called 911 in their town. You think they could arrest him for some crime against a minor. I don't think it matters if you technically believed he was 18 or 19.

Yes, the whole situation is bizarre, but perhaps that's the way things work in small town Louisiana. o_O Perhaps it's because the victim and perp were both black, so LE doesn't want to bother with a thorough investigation or charges. It may also be the motel where this occurred is a little shady and the owner doesn't want to attract any more attention to the activities going on there.

It sounds like the FBI is involved now, so apparently they feel some kind of crime has been committed.

ETA: Checking out Duson, LA on Google Maps, the place looks pretty sketchy. The Super 8 motel where the child was found is right next to an RV park and a couple of big truck stops. Looks like a prime spot for human and other kinds of trafficking.

The town, itself is very small. Looks like the kind of exit I would pass.

Google Maps

We took a trip a few years ago between Destin, FL and New Orleans. There were a lot of sketchy exits along I 10. Much of that area gave me the creeps. There was also an episode of Top Gear some years ago where they drove junker cars from FL to NO and nearly got killed at one exit.

Last edited:
Yes, the whole situation is bizarre, but perhaps that's the way things work in small town Louisiana. o_O Perhaps it's because the victim and perp were both black, so LE doesn't want to bother with a thorough investigation or charges. It may also be the motel where this occurred is a little shady and the owner doesn't want to attract any more attention to the activities going on there.

It sounds like the FBI is involved now, so apparently they feel some kind of crime has been committed.

I know someone that lives in motels and a lot of them are shady or they have shady things going on. She was attacked in her room and was kicked out. Those motels also have families that are passing through. They don't want a kidnapping trucker taking one of their kids on his way out of town. When a minor is involve the motel shouldn't act like kidnapping is normal and they shouldn't protect the person that checked in.

I’m from the surrounding area. Duson is a very small town near Lafayette, LA and is an exit off I-10. Many of the motels along this portion of I-10 are fairly cheap and cater to people who are just passing through. The landscape is mainly farming, oilfield service companies and country homes.

ETA: Checking out Duson, LA on Google Maps, the place looks pretty sketchy. The Super 8 motel where the child was found is right next to an RV park and a couple of big truck stops. Looks like a prime spot for human and other kinds of trafficking.

The town, itself is very small. Looks like the kind of exit I would pass.

Google Maps

We took a trip a few years ago between Destin, FL and New Orleans. There were a lot of sketchy exits along I 10. Much of that area gave me the creeps. There was also an episode of Top Gear some years ago where they drove junker cars from FL to NO and nearly got killed at one exit.
I lived in New Orleans for a few years. When I drove there from PA I just drove for the full 18 hours. There are some sketchy places as you drive on the I-10 (I'm pretty sure I traveled on that road). I stayed in a motel 6 outside of Atlanta last summer. It had hookers and families in it. The one side actually had people renting rooms weekly or monthly. I passed this guy while walking my dog and assumed he was with his daughter. I had a friend suggest that he was a john. He was probably right. There seemed to be cop sweeps at the motel 6. I stayed for a night and the pool was nice.

Super 8s are part of a hotel franchise. It's not like losing a motel would make the company suffer unless this is something that happens at most Super 8s.

I’m from the surrounding area. Duson is a very small town near Lafayette, LA and is an exit off I-10. Many of the motels along this portion of I-10 are fairly cheap and cater to people who are just passing through. The landscape is mainly farming, oilfield service companies and country homes.

What is your opinion of the motels? Have you heard things about the town or police there? I'm asking good or bad. There were motels near the town I grew up in and kids would rent rooms and throw parties when we were teenagers. Motels aren't usually responsible for checking the IDs of everyone in a room. Most places want the ID of the person paying. It might not be the motel's job to do anything.

Isn't interference with custody illegal? How about having a minor that you kidnapped and taking them over state lines? How about assault for the bite marks? How about kidnapping as the young man told that he was being kept against his will! There's charges that COULD have been placed and that perp arrested, but for some odd reason, they did nothing! I don't understand. Unless this was part of a bigger scheme and FBI is hoping to bust the whole crew. But still, this truck driver may kill himself, or skip into another state and not be found again.

Are they saying that the bites did not happen in LA? They seem to be implying that the child was not being held captive. But, why would the child be compelled to wait until he was asleep? If they were sexually involved and there was "consent", the man was still with a child who could not give consent.

I am angry and confused at the lack of consequence for this trucker.

Isn't interference with custody illegal? How about having a minor that you kidnapped and taking them over state lines? How about assault for the bite marks? How about kidnapping as the young man told that he was being kept against his will! There's charges that COULD have been placed and that perp arrested, but for some odd reason, they did nothing! I don't understand. Unless this was part of a bigger scheme and FBI is hoping to bust the whole crew. But still, this truck driver may kill himself, or skip into another state and not be found again.

Maybe you are right. If not it's crazy. Cops have come up with reasons to arrest people that don't have a child escaping from their hotel room with bite marks. This is possibly the time to get liberal with the law. If you are going plant drugs on a person this is the one to do it to. That sounds awful. Even if the trucker was charged with something like resisting arrest, unlawful imprisonment, disorderly conduct, anything that could lead to an arrest even if it was something to hold them until the FBI got there it seems better than letting him go on his merry way. I hope you are right and there is a reason this man was let go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back