Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what the call logs mean. Could someone call the police to say they hit a deer so they get it recorded for insurance claims purposes? Would police have to inspect the car or is that left to the insurance company?

You don't have to report it to the police but the insurance companies encourage you to so there's a report. You also may want to report it if the deer is in the road so it doesn't endanger other drivers.

Not really. A guy with big hands can just make sure he covers her nose and mouth very tightly until she gets pulled into the vehicle. As someone mentioned earlier, some killers in the past have removed inside door handles, stuff like that, to prevent escape.

I think something like drugs in a syringe would be faster and easier than chloroform, if absolutely necessary. Also easier to get ahold of on the street. It’s possible a tranquilizer or drug of some sort could have been administered.
Or... he could just ask her if she wants to get in. Too simple?

I don't know how we can say "last known" as LE hasn't released anything. The closest we get, in my opinion is West because that's where LE told the owner of the home that MT passed by. If we go by statements of neighbors then in my opinion it was 2nd - which was backed up by the interest LE has in the car wash.

Thanks. Has this sentence been modified, thought it said W. Pershing Dr:

"On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, Mollie Tibbetts was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours. There have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time."​

Regardless, although this is presented as worst case scenario, every behavioral change etc that police ask people to look for are directly related to this being more than a possibility:

"we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved. Individuals who commit violent crimes often exhibit behavior that is recognized by those with whom he lives, works, attends school, or is in an otherwise close relationship with. Often, someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the offender, and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the change ..."
https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

We know police are interested in the car wash, and it just so happens that the 2nd Street witness lives across the street. That 2nd street witness saw Mollie running towards Casey's food store around 8 - 8:30PM. That would have taken her past the car wash. Confusion suggested this route earlier this evening.

Attachments

• Mollie Run 1.jpg
    Mollie Run 1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 38
I'm sure you're all probably getting tired of my "great" ideas, but I have another one. In order to get her into his vehicle quickly and without drawing too much attention, he could have waited until the road looked pretty clear, pulled over a little bit in front of her (either just before she got to DJ's house or around the turn to her mother's place (since most of us have assumed he's been stalking her at least a little bit.) All he'd have to do is open the hood of his car, and stop her as she came by. He could tell her it was overheating and ask if she knew somewhere close by that he could get some water for it. Being the type of person she seems to have been, she'd probably tell him she could get him some from whichever place she was closest to. He'd then say he had a jug in the trunk, open it, and then grab her and throw her in. All he'd have to do is slam the trunk, close the hood and take off. Do I read too many murder mysteries?
Thats kind of graphic Nay?

We get the point though.

I'm sure you're all probably getting tired of my "great" ideas, but I have another one. In order to get her into his vehicle quickly and without drawing too much attention, he could have waited until the road looked pretty clear, pulled over a little bit in front of her (either just before she got to DJ's house or around the turn to her mother's place (since most of us have assumed he's been stalking her at least a little bit.) All he'd have to do is open the hood of his car, and stop her as she came by. He could tell her it was overheating and ask if she knew somewhere close by that he could get some water for it. Being the type of person she seems to have been, she'd probably tell him she could get him some from whichever place she was closest to. He'd then say he had a jug in the trunk, open it, and then grab her and throw her in. All he'd have to do is slam the trunk, close the hood and take off. Do I read too many murder mysteries?

Noooooo, you don't read too many murder mysteries - didn't Ted Bundy pull the same stunt on many of his victims? I believe he used a fake injury, and then asked them to help him move stuff into his car. From what we know of Millie, I agree she would have been helpful in such a situation.

From article below:
Bundy would prey on these women with a ruse, often wearing his arm in a sling or his leg in a fake cast and walking on crutches. He would then use his charm and faked disability to convince his victims to help him carry books or unload objects from his car.

Ted Bundy | Serial Killers | Crime Library - Crime Museum

If you see a female jogging alone in a isolated area. Do her a favor and tell her that she really needs to rethink things. Jmo.
I don’t think that’s necessary but if you must... you might as well tell anyone jogging alone in an isolated area to rethink things. You don’t know that person. I jog alone in somewhat isolated areas because I don’t listen to music and I am a black belt and carry mace.

I don’t know what the call logs mean. Could someone call the police to say they hit a deer so they get it recorded for insurance claims purposes? Would police have to inspect the car or is that left to the insurance company?

They’re the 911 call logs. There are different responding agents, and some of the cities have their own police depts. GPD is Grinnell, as far as I can tell. Brooklyn falls under PCSO (county sheriff), but they have their own fire department (BFD).

There are a lot of hang ups on the logs from repeated locations. I believe these are cell towers.

If you wanted to make an insurance claim, you’d have to file a police report. One way to get it started is to call 911 from the scene. Usually in an area like this, the police would come out to you to get the repot started.

wonder if any violent offenders were recently released from prison.

Is there a half way house or a cheap motel offenders often use in the area? I don’t just mean sex offenders.

I’m thinking he’s a loner guy, possibly recently split up with his girlfriend or wife so has an attitude of dislike for women, he has been in trouble with the law before but not for this kind of offence. He has an outbuilding, basement or lock up. He has kept a trophy of his crime. Frequent viewer of violent *advertiser censored* where women are degraded. Possibly a hunter.

They’re the 911 call logs. There are different responding agents, and some of the cities have their own police depts. GPD is Grinnell, as far as I can tell. Brooklyn falls under PCSO (county sheriff), but they have their own fire department (BFD).

There are a lot of hang ups on the logs from repeated locations. I believe these are cell towers.

If you wanted to make an insurance claim, you’d have to file a police report. One way to get it started is to call 911 from the scene. Usually in an area like this, the police would come out to you to get the repot started.

I also think that calls in from police officers are logged on them as well, but I’m not sure.

Thanks. Has this sentence been modified, thought it said W. Pershing Dr:

"On Wednesday, July 18, 2018, Mollie Tibbetts was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours. There have been no credible sightings of, or communications with, Mollie since that time."​

Regardless, although this is presented as worst case scenario, every behavioral change etc that police ask people to look for are directly related to this being more than a possibility:

"we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved. Individuals who commit violent crimes often exhibit behavior that is recognized by those with whom he lives, works, attends school, or is in an otherwise close relationship with. Often, someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the offender, and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the change ..."
https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

We know police are interested in the car wash, and it just so happens that the 2nd Street witness lives across the street. That 2nd street witness saw Mollie running towards Casey's food store around 8 - 8:30PM. That would have taken her past the car wash. Confusion suggested this route earlier this evening.

Posts from right after the PC contain the same text. This however mentions Pershing and is the only street LE has mentioned, right? Other sightings were straight from the witness or a witness saying LE said something.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/mollie-cecelia-tibbetts

Edit: changed to indicate I don’t believe it was changed.

Last edited:
Is there really such a thing as GPS tracking implanted in people? They do this in California? I thought that was only in the movies!

Yes, Gps chipping has been going on
Not that I am aware of. There are wearable devices, but I've never heard of this being done here in Ca.

GPS tracking bool
Not that I am aware of. There are wearable devices, but I've never heard of this being done here in Ca.

Guys, I live in California. I can 100% confirm that children do not have GPS tracking chips implanted into them. Doing so, would be a violation of the 4th amendment of the Bill of Rights. This is the same reason why your cell phone has the option to share your location and why various websites and
apps have to explicitly request your permission to use your location data.

Sorry if this has been answered or discussed already, (i'm trying to keep up with the new threads and read the older ones) but have k9s been brought in at any point? I haven't read anything in MSM about it but it seems like they would have been at some point? (Or I just read too many crime cases)

Yes... including searches done by drone, plane, helicopter, by foot and kayaks...all mentioned here in this article..https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ch...sing-college-student-mollie-tibbetts/3816516/

In a press release, Iowa DCI said there are no suspects yet.

"With the aide of the public, investigative leads continue to be investigated and a multitude of individuals have been interviewed," the statement said. "Additionally, a number of searches have been conducted to include ground, air and K-9 searches.

Yes, Gps chipping has been going on

GPS tracking bool

Guys, I live in California. I can 100% confirm that children do not have GPS tracking chips implanted into them. Doing so, would be a violation of the 4th amendment of the Bill of Rights. This is the same reason why your cell phone has the option to share your location and why various websites and
apps have to explicitly request your permission to use your location data.

Plus of this was the case there wouldn’t be any missing persons reported in California...right??? and there are numerous reports made every day.

If you can be kidnapped at gunpoint in the middle of the day from a Walgreens or CVS parking lot, it can happen anywhere, anytime. Both happened. And not so long ago. One was a girl about Mollie's age who was followed to her car in broad daylight, pulled the gun on her, forced to the passenger seat and took off with her. It did not end well.

All he would have to do is pull up beside her, show her a gun and she might get in. Now my instinct would be to just run but you never know how you're going to react until it happens.

I don’t think that’s necessary but if you must... you might as well tell anyone jogging alone in an isolated area to rethink things. You don’t know that person. I jog alone in somewhat isolated areas because I don’t listen to music and I am a black belt and carry mace.
And if in a car you may actually startle them.

Did anyone sign up for the email updates on the Finding Mollie page? If you did, did you receive an update when they updated the last seen from "W. Pershing Dr." to "Brooklyn, IA"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes