Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I was referring to SFR and the push (or not) for an inquest, JLZ.

That poor behaviour (Ryde coppers lost my son you ****) wouldn't have been on public display either though, if it hadn't been for APS. Poor Karlie.

Don’t get me wrong, p&g, I’m not against an inquest; just as I’m not against the perpetrator(s) being charged.

I support an inquest when the NSW State Coroner, in conjunction with the Officer in Charge of the investigation into William’s suspicious disappearance, are of the opinion it will further that investigation. I hope that happens ‘sooner rather than later’; as DCI Jubelin said.

Don’t get me wrong, p&g, I’m not against an inquest; just as I’m not against the perpetrator(s) being charged.

I support an inquest when the NSW State Coroner, in conjunction with the Officer in Charge of the investigation into William’s suspicious disappearance, are of the opinion it will further that investigation. I hope that happens ‘sooner rather than later’; as DCI Jubelin said.
Totally agree, Bo.

:)

From previous thread, post #1322
sosocurious said:
Curious has there been another instance of the public demanding an inquest and change of lead investigator, that presumably did not involve family?

I am not aware of such a thing - where the public demanded an inquest - other than the massive Grenfell Tower fire in London, where 72 people died and hundreds were made homeless, said to be due to inferior and dangerous cladding on the exterior of the tower building.

The public who were petitioning for an inquest were doing so in support of the bereaved families, and the residents of the many other tower blocks that may have the same issue.

I think an inquest is generally a more personal thing, meant just for the families and authorities to find answers. It really is nobody else's business ... when it is about a family member, and is not about a big public event where deaths occurred.

Thousands demand Theresa May holds inquest instead of public inquiry into Grenfell fire amid 'whitewash' fears

Last edited:
May I respectfully request members take time to read fully the Coroners Act 2009 (link provided below) which just happened to be updated the day prior to the recent search that was launched [in June 2018].

Contains vital information which at times will contradict what many members on here 'think'.

CORONERS ACT 2009

Aaaa posting of the link worked - finally!

From previous thread, post #1322

I am not aware of such a thing - where the public demanded an inquest - other than the massive Grenfell Tower fire in London, where 72 people died and hundreds were made homeless, said to be due to inferior and dangerous cladding on the exterior of the tower building.

The public who were petitioning for an inquest were doing so in support of the bereaved families, and the residents of the many other tower blocks that may have the same issue.

I think an inquest is generally a more personal thing, meant just for the families and authorities to find answers. It really is nobody else's business ... when it is about a family member, and is not about a big public event where deaths occurred.

Thousands demand Theresa May holds inquest instead of public inquiry into Grenfell fire amid 'whitewash' fears

It would be an major error to rely on anything regarding inquests and reasons for holding such inquests in the UK.

There is nothing 'personal' about an inquest. If you read the Coroners Act 2009 the 'muddy waters' will become crystal clear!

It is very very clear when a Coronial Inquest is launched and the reasons are required by LAW.

It IS every body's business that a Coronial Inquest is held and the perpetrator/s of any crime are eventually held to full justice.

Law and Justice are in place to protect and support EVERY person. Justice must prevail.

Last edited:
May I respectfully request members take time to read fully the Coroners Act 2009 (link provided below) which just happened to be updated the day prior to the recent search that was launched [in June 2018].

Contains vital information which at times will contradict what many members on here 'think'.

CORONERS ACT 2009

Aaaa posting of the link worked - finally!

I’ve read the NSW Coroners Act 2009. Many times, in fact.

BBM.

I’m curious. What sections of the Coroners Act do you think ‘contradicts what many members on here ‘think’.’, pt?

(btw Congratulations on being able to post links.)

It would be an major error to rely on anything regarding inquests and reasons for holding such inquests in the UK.

There is nothing 'personal' about an inquest. If you read the Coroners Act 2009 the 'muddy waters' will become crystal clear!

It is very very clear when a Coronial Inquest is launched and the reasons are required by LAW.

It IS every body's business that a Coronial Inquest is held and the perpetrator/s of any crime are eventually held to full justice.

Law and Justice are in place to protect and support EVERY person. Justice must prevail.

The thing that was under question was requests by the general public for an inquest. And that is the specific question that I was trying to find an answer for - for soso.

The Grenfell Tower petition/request, and another request about 20 deceased Chinese persons in the UK (very grisly scenario), were the only ones I could find. I could not find an Aussie example. And I could not find any example of a public request for an inquest about someone else’s missing family member.

If anyone else wants to try to find an Aussie public petition for an inquest involving a missing person - other than William - please feel free.

(I am fairly in tune with the Coronial Act. We researched this quite a bit in the Gary Tweddle case in NSW.)

Last edited:
important information regarding 'missing persons' contained in below links
Missing persons

Home Page

http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/Missing persons guide updated Feb 18.pdf

http://www.coroners.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/Missing persons guide updated Feb 18.pdf#FMP44-OL_Coroners.indd:.18783:995

and then there is the complication of FACS involvement as well. William was still being cared for under their auspices. Attempting to locate information regarding their processes with the Coroners' Office in such circumstances.

Found this FACS document that has advice for carers. I just searched the document for the word "missing".

https://www.facs.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/321330/Caring-for-Kids-combined.pdf

Last edited:
I’ve read the NSW Coroners Act 2009. Many times, in fact.

BBM.

I’m curious. What sections of the Coroners Act do you think ‘contradicts what many members on here ‘think’.’, pt?

(btw Congratulations on being able to post links.)

Loads and I will not be listing the comments here. Too time consuming. But the gist is people don't seem to understand the processes clearly. There are a lot a assumptions and presumptions that have no foundation.

Thanks for the congrats. May have had something to do with major [latest] update just installed.

Loads and I will not be listing the comments here. Too time consuming. But the gist is people don't seem to understand the processes clearly. There are a lot a assumptions and presumptions that have no foundation.

Thanks for the congrats. May have had something to do with major [latest] update just installed.

BBM.

I think the ability of people on William’s thread to understand the NSW Coroners Act 2009 and all it entails is underestimated, given the lack of a cogent explanation of what it is we should understand.

My pleasure. Although the fourth link in your post above is dead. Could you repost the link please pt?

Last edited:
The thing that was under question was requests by the general public for an inquest. And that is the specific question that I was trying to find an answer for - for soso.

The Grenfell Tower petition/request, and another request about 20 deceased Chinese persons in the UK (very grisly scenario), were the only ones I could find. I could not find an Aussie example. And I could not find any example of a public request for an inquest about someone else’s missing family member.

If anyone else wants to try to find an Aussie public petition for an inquest involving a missing person - other than William - please feel free.

(I am fairly in tune with the Coronial Act. We researched this quite a bit in the Gary Tweddle case in NSW.)

It's just an opinion. It could possibly become more so in the future that the public request inquests. It's beginning perhaps with William, and the UK. It's not just the family who want to know what happened, it's the public too, including us here, as an obvious example. I think most of us here (and SFR) think he came to some kind of harm, and if so, it's likely the perp is still out there.

I'll support you here by posting a view expressed by the Commonwealth Ombudsman:

Coronial inquests are fundamentally connected with improving public safety and reducing fatalities. Coroners frequently make recommendations directed to government agencies in light of lessons learned from the investigation during a coronial inquest. Such recommendations aim to improve processes, policies and legislation to prevent similar deaths in the future.
https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/__data...9115-CO_FS_Principles-of-Good-Practice_01.pdf

I'll support you here by posting a view expressed by the Commonwealth Ombudsman:

Coronial inquests are fundamentally connected with improving public safety and reducing fatalities. Coroners frequently make recommendations directed to government agencies in light of lessons learned from the investigation during a coronial inquest. Such recommendations aim to improve processes, policies and legislation to prevent similar deaths in the future.
https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/__data...9115-CO_FS_Principles-of-Good-Practice_01.pdf
Thankyou JLZ. Is does seem it’s the coroner who decides in the end and not the general population if I’m correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks