Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she is being held captive, especially if it is someone she knows, and the captor wants to be rid of her -- feeling the heat, etc., what is he gonna do? Just untie her (whatever), unlock the door, and let her out? If she knows him, she can i.d. him. Maybe he would travel to a spot that is away from Brooklyn, drop her off and find a new place to live, leaving behind all that he had in the Brooklyn area. New life for him, lie low and let it all quiet down. Change his appearance and get a fake ID.
I don't see a kidnapper who is holding someone who knows him, releasing her alive. She is one huge piece of evidence. Not a good situation for either of them, IMO. If it's a stranger abduction, then a release would, IMO, a much easier decision.

I hear your point, but what is LE realistically going to do? There's no law against RT getting on TV and sharing his opinions. LE could just stop telling him anything but from the sounds of it, they aren't telling the fam much to begin with.

If LE says "Mr. Tibbetts, please don't make statements like that on TV" and RT says "This is how I want to keep my daughter's name out there", they have no recourse. He can give as many interviews as he wants and if he wants to speculate that MT was kidnapped by space aliens from a distant galaxy it's his right. LE would just take the same line as always - they are investigating all possibilities, working hard to prioritize and process tips and information, blahblahblah.

I actually remember that LE in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping didn't want to focus on Brian Mitchell after Elizabeth's sister suddenly remembered him as the guy. They thought they had their man with someone else who had recently died. They wouldn't sink resources into investigating and trying to locate Mitchell and after a few frustrating attempts, the Smart family did a media blitz against LE's wishes. Mitchell's own brother gave them info that helped lead to Brian himself and rescuing Elizabeth. It can work out that way.

He want's his daughter found, safe and sound. The only way to achieve that is to co-operate with LE. LE will use all sorts of strategies (that includes the family, media etc) in order to achieve a successful result; the safe return of Mollie.

They are lyrics to a Lumineer's song. Maybe her favorite? In my home, our college student has move in day tomorrow.
Oh, thanks for pointing out that those are song lyrics! I just feel that the post is very carefully worded, and the photo is perfectly staged. I think this is directed to someone specific, and was carefully crafted by LE

I have a question about the location where the PCs are held. Why if the zones involving this disappearance do not extend to Montezuma - why are they choosing to NOT hold them in Brooklyn? How hard would it be to put that podium in a truck? They drag it from some place to put it in the grass along the side of the Sheriff's office.

Seems to me that in any scenario, stalk and take hostage, accident and take seriously injured victim and variations of such, the first thing a driver/abductor would do would be to get out of Brooklyn FAST......preferably via interstate...to dispose of the victim. In a hostage situation, the abductor would be missing for some time, but in a dump the victim case, the abductor would have had plenty of time to dispose of the victim well away from Brooklyn and return to Brooklyn without anyone necessarily noticing their absence. I'm back to thinking that a local or 2locals are the perps. And I'm leaning toward it having been an accident that in a panic, was covered up. Mollies remains could be several hours away from Brooklyn. JMO

Every large trucking firm out there already does drug testing. The full extent. Local drivers, farm equipment/truck drivers, delivery drivers and what I call "outlaw" truckers many times don't get tested.
The drivers for companies like NAAPA etc all get tested.
I am really focused in on the TA Truckstop there in Brooklyn off of I-80. Yes it's off her route but drivers of all kinds stop there. And truckers often drop their trailers and take off in the truck (tractor it's called) itself, which can be fairly fast.
Since they all have turbos (have for many years) they move quite quickly. Surprisingly so.
Travelling I-40 yesterday I noticed all the places to transport a live or deceased person on an 18-wheeler. I know them all very well from my past riding with my husband cross-country many times over. Many of these trucks now haul "doubles". (Back in the early 90's I as a passenger only carried a little mary jane with me to sleep at night. Dogs at the scale houses? Was never a problem. Most drugs and such come in our area on trucks hauling huge loads of onions. Seriously.)
And even tho others aren't thinking about it out-loud in connection with this case, many of us are still thinking about the abductions and also the murders in Delphi.
jmo
I have a trucker friend & he talks about those weigh stations. He says it'd be real hard to carry even a little bit of weight over what his load is supposed to be on the record. So maybe we're looking at a trucker who doesn't have to sit on the weights.

Oh, thanks for pointing out that those are song lyrics! I just feel that the post is very carefully worded, and the photo is perfectly staged. I think this is directed to someone specific, and was carefully crafted by LE
I was thinking the same thing but I’m starting to wonder if I’ve just watched way too many crime shows. :)

FoxNews link

Mollie Tibbetts search now focusing on car wash, truck stop and areas in and around Brooklyn, Iowa

If the perp drove with MT to a secluded tract of farmland accessible only by dirtroads. Then it follows the perp would first want to hit the car wash to wash the dust off the exterior & vacumn/wash the interior of his vehicle for any hair/fluids/blood or any evidence of a crime.

Is it possible that the car wash vacuum containers were sent for lab analysis and the FBI found evidence of MT's hair (for example)inside the vacuum collection container? Perhaps that is why the car wash is now one of the focal points of interest?

Just My Opinion

Perhaps I am reaching a bit.To me if investigators are turning inward to focus on a very fine eyed number of areas in Brooklyn & one is a very specific car wash.Then before the press conference;prior to the announcement of a .gov website FBI forensics had been at work. The CSI had gone over that car wash with a microscope all drains,catch basins,vacuum containers,surface water holding ponds/facilities,ever frame of video you name it. The EPA is stretching to include farm areas with new requirements for water treatment.They were not going to miss any opportunity no matter how elusive to solve MT tragic case.

There must be something that was a game changer ie blood and the investigation turned inward to a more focused investigation.

My Opinion Only

Last edited:
I hear your point, but what is LE realistically going to do? There's no law against RT getting on TV and sharing his opinions. LE could just stop telling him anything but from the sounds of it, they aren't telling the fam much to begin with.

If LE says "Mr. Tibbetts, please don't make statements like that on TV" and RT says "This is how I want to keep my daughter's name out there", they have no recourse. He can give as many interviews as he wants and if he wants to speculate that MT was kidnapped by space aliens from a distant galaxy it's his right. LE would just take the same line as always - they are investigating all possibilities, working hard to prioritize and process tips and information, blahblahblah.

I actually remember that LE in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping didn't want to focus on Brian Mitchell after Elizabeth's sister suddenly remembered him as the guy. They thought they had their man with someone else who had recently died. They wouldn't sink resources into investigating and trying to locate Mitchell and after a few frustrating attempts, the Smart family did a media blitz against LE's wishes. Mitchell's own brother gave them info that helped lead to Brian himself and rescuing Elizabeth. It can work out that way.

JMO
Which is why I would hire a Private Investigator by now. I always feel both LE and a PI can work the same case and both can sometimes have success.

Look how quick the PI found Lucas H. It was the very first day he took the suspect with him and went looking for the boy and he found him.

PIs dont always have that kind of success but they can push buttons that LE may not be able to push.

I know this might be reaching, but I had a weird idea last night. I was thinking that Mollie's boyfriend worked construction. I started thinking of the Springfield Three and how they were (or at least I think they were) buried supposedly under concrete. That made me think that someone could work construction and bury someone under concrete and get away with it. Then they wouldn't worry about being caught because they would THINK they got away with the perfect crime. Then I got to thinking about what construction was possibly being done at the time Mollie was kidnapped in Brooklyn.

Well I researched and noticed that there is a project going on in Brooklyn, Iowa for a new Wastewater Treatment Plant. I looked it up and found that it would be a good place to hide a body. They have a lagoon that will be used for sludge storage, which will have aeration to keep it from having an offensive odor. Now I am not sure how far they are into the construction on this project either. But I think I read they are supposed to be working on it until 2020. So I am guessing it is STILL being built. I also thought about it and wondered what IF (just an IF) someone from the consultant group was involved with Mollie's abduction.

Of course I tend to go overboard and think too far out of the box, so I might be overthinking this. You would have surveyors that would have off the road terrain vehicles (I noticed that from some posts on their Facebook page--the MMS Consultants--they have off terrain vehicles that look like golf carts). There are engineers which would be VERY smart. If they have been doing something like this (abducting women and doing no telling what) and they have NEVER gotten caught (because they are thinking they have planned it out TOO much to keep from getting caught) then their DNA or anything would not be on file or anything. They would pretty much have a clean record so to speak. I keep thinking of the case with Todd Kohlhepp. He was VERY smart and no one knew what he was murdering people. He also worked Real Estate and had a Facebook page and everything. So you NEVER KNOW. Someone could be employed at a very nice job and STILL be doing criminal acts (like kidnapping and murdering people) in secret.

I know it may be far fetched, but I thought I would share JUST IN CASE.

Then again the plant might already be built. I was a little tired last night and got a few of the plants mixed up. There are apparently quite a few of these wastewater treatment plants in Iowa. But STILL something like that would be a perfect place in MY opinion.

I was also thinking maybe a delivery driver that goes from town to town, an over the road semi-truck driver, the construction worker or engineer that is always working on projects, transient that could be coming in on a train (but that would be hard to prove if he had no permanent transportation for carrying the body), a cable or telephone repair man that is in various houses through the day, someone from church, a friend of a friend (like her boyfriend's co-workers), a student (since she was in school), etc.. It could be ANYBODY.

Construction commences on wastewater treatment plant

New Wastewater Treatment Plant | Brooklyn Iowa

If LE thinks that Mollie us being held by someone she knows, then surely they know who it is. Maybe they have the person under surveillance, I get the impression they know a lot more than they are telling the public.
Agreed. IMO they have taken everything and ruled out just about everything and they are probably left with a small handful of possible scenarios. I'm sure they have their suspects prioritized. I feel the places of interest map is being used in a multi-purpose way by LE. They have the map because they need tips to get probable cause. They probably know exactly what they are looking for on this map and exactly what tips they are looking for to tie some loose ends together. This places of interest map also says directly to a suspect "we are hot on your trail, we are smarter than you, you will be caught, it's only a matter of time, you will not get away with this".

If LE thinks that Mollie us being held by someone she knows, then surely they know who it is. Maybe they have the person under surveillance, I get the impression they know a lot more than they are telling the public.

I tend to lean towards locals as well. The father’s statement leads me to believe that perhaps MT had a stalker, perhaps a friend who developed stalker like tendencies.

On the other hand-
The fact that LE interviewed WC on two different occasions as well as searched his property, took his cell phone and gave him a polygraph which he initially refused to take, is a red flag to me. I can understand interviewing him initially, but why the second interview? And they have not released the results of the polygraph....it’s all just me speculating, but if he had passed the polygraph, wouldn’t LE had released that info to let the public know for sure that this person is not involved and to keep looking. They have been tight lipped with everything regarding WC, which doesn’t make sense because when there was news about a man seen taking photographs of women jogging in the area, the LE immediately released that they had interviewed this person and he had reasonable excuses for this and was not a suspect.

All is just my opinion

JMO
Which is why I would hire a Private Investigator by now. I always feel both LE and a PI can work the same case and both can sometimes have success.

Look how quick the PI found Lucas H. It was the very first day he took the suspect with him and went looking for the boy and he found him.

PIs dont always have that kind of success but they can push buttons that LE may not be able to push.
It's crossed my mind that they do have a PI and aren't telling anyone.

He want's his daughter found, safe and sound. The only way to achieve that is to co-operate with LE. LE will use all sorts of strategies (that includes the family, media etc) in order to achieve a successful result; the safe return of Mollie.
Typically yes that's the way to achieve it. However, I still go back to my last paragraph. The Smart family went directly against LE's wishes and beliefs in discussing publicly what Elizabeth's sister remembered after her being gone for eight months. LE didn't think that was very credible and they had their guy. Smart family tried to work with LE but when that didn't pan out, they went rouge and it led to the recovery of their daughter.

I'm saying yes usually the best strategy is to just leave it up to the experts but there are times when going with your gut (since RT knows his kid) might be a gamble that pays off. If the Smart family hadn't done that, who knows where Elizabeth would be today.

I've read almost all of the missing threads on here... I think people are looking for the wrong type of person in this case as well... For the case of mollie I see some of the wrong things focused on...

1. The talk of her Asthma. She was known to have Exercise Induced Bronchoconstriction in high school, however over 60% have no symptoms in adulthood. Also, exercise is ENCOURAGED in well maintained asthma cases

2. The subject of the Snapchat that "looks" like it was taken inside. You can send ANY picture saved on your phone through SN. It's possible she took a picture she liked earlier in the day, sent it in the evening, and her bf opened it at 10pm.

3. There was a lot of time wasted on WC. His prior stalking cases were NOT involving strangers. It was his ex and her daughter. He had a close personal relationship with them in the past. Just because people want him to be the perp, doesn't make it so.

4. The fact her devices stopped pinging at a certain spot. All someone would have to do is flag her down and smile and ask if they could use her phone for a second to call their wife because their phone battery died. A car seat in a minivan would not be threatening at all... All they would have to do as they were handed the phone is power it off and act like it wasn't working either. 30 second grab.

5. I see the person involved as a professional, married, white male, driving a minivan with all but one seat down and that seat has a car seat on it... He has either been in town interviewing for one of the engineer jobs for one of the new projects, a district restaurant manager, or pharmaceutical rep. Not his first time at all.
A minivan is really low and easy to load.

People seem to underestimate how convincing a nice smile and gentle voice can be. I've asked people for directions near the University of Miami and people have actually offered to get in my car and show me how to get there. It's scary.

I'm wondering what thoughts you all have about LC's post on the Finding Mollie Tibbetts FB page?
The profile picture sure moves me, with her mom’s comment about running. “Through good times and bad” (edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77