Ga - Gwinnett Co, Female, 20-30, In Vacant Mall Space, Dec'17 - Silling Man *arrest*

davis.png

Emmett Davis, 21, has been charged with aggravated assault and felony murder in Man’s death. He was dating Man at the time of her death, according to police. No cause of death was immediately available.
Detectives began investigating the death as a homicide in the weeks before Davis’s June 14 arrest. The Gwinnett County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled her death a homicide in March 2018.

Man had been reported missing by her family on October 8, 2017, but returned home the next day. She left home again shortly after, but her family did not report her missing that time. Man worked a retail job at the Michael Kors store at Perimeter Mall through November; she picked up her last check on Nov. 20, 2017.

Police believe Davis and Man were living together in hotels near the Gwinnett Place Mall in the weeks between her second disappearance and her death, which is believed to have occurred in early December. She had been dead for at least two weeks when her body was found.

Boyfriend charged in death of woman found in Gwinnett Place Mall

Arrest! Has anyone located his social media or other to put a link out?

From link.. Boyfriend charged in death of woman found in Gwinnett Place Mall

Emmett Davis, 21, has been charged with aggravated assault and felony murder in Man’s death. He was dating Man at the time of her death, according to police. No cause of death was immediately available.

Boyfriend of GSU student found dead in vacant Subway makes first court appearance

Davis' neighbors told 11Alive News on Friday they had heard arguments between the two in the weeks leading up to the murder. Man's family told us off camera on Friday that the family had given up hope that the case would be solved, but now, they still have unanswered questions -- including how could one person take Man's body and hide it in a shopping mall without help.

The judge set Davis' preliminary hearing for Thursday, June 21.

Cops: GSU student ‘unrecognizable’ days before Gwinnett mall killing

Five weeks before police found Silling Man’s body nearly mummified in a room covered in her blood and hair, Man got a matching face tattoo with her boyfriend Emmett Davis, a Gwinnett County detective said Thursday.....police couldn’t even tell she had the tattoo — three hearts on her left jawline — when they found her in the vacant Gwinnett Place Mall restaurant space on Dec. 21, 2017. What they did find was Davis’ fingerprint in Man’s blood, .....She had four fractured ribs and a finger on her right hand was split open and fractured...The couple stayed at hotels in the Gwinnett Place Mall area between Nov. 10 and Nov. 21. At one hotel, a manager observed bruising around Man’s eyes, as if she’d been hit. The manager called police, but Man refused to speak to officers once they arrived, Dorminy said. A police report wasn’t filed, and the couple left the hotel.

A necklace was found left behind at another hotel where the couple stayed.

On Nov. 15, 2017, the two got matching face tattoos.. .Man picked up her last paycheck from the Michael Kors store at Perimeter Mall on Nov. 20, 2017. ..A manager was so alarmed at Man’s appearance that he called Dunwoody police, who arrived after she left the store. That is the last time Man was seen in public.

Cell phone and Uber records show that Man and Davis were both at Gwinnett Place Mall around 3:40 a.m on Nov. 30.

When police responded to the restaurant space where Man was found on Dec. 21, Man’s blood and hair was “all over the floor” across two rooms in the restaurant.

Man’s shoe prints were in the blood, along with finger marks indicating she had been dragged through the blood.Two days after Man’s body was found, Davis pawned Man’s iPhone and went to stay with his mother in Brooklyn, New York.

..more at link.

RIP

wow they kept this close to the vest :( poor Silling :*(

Cops: GSU student ‘unrecognizable’ days before Gwinnett mall killing

Five weeks before police found Silling Man’s body nearly mummified in a room covered in her blood and hair, Man got a matching face tattoo with her boyfriend Emmett Davis, a Gwinnett County detective said Thursday.....police couldn’t even tell she had the tattoo — three hearts on her left jawline — when they found her in the vacant Gwinnett Place Mall restaurant space on Dec. 21, 2017. What they did find was Davis’ fingerprint in Man’s blood, .....She had four fractured ribs and a finger on her right hand was split open and fractured...The couple stayed at hotels in the Gwinnett Place Mall area between Nov. 10 and Nov. 21. At one hotel, a manager observed bruising around Man’s eyes, as if she’d been hit. The manager called police, but Man refused to speak to officers once they arrived, Dorminy said. A police report wasn’t filed, and the couple left the hotel.

A necklace was found left behind at another hotel where the couple stayed.

On Nov. 15, 2017, the two got matching face tattoos.. .Man picked up her last paycheck from the Michael Kors store at Perimeter Mall on Nov. 20, 2017. ..A manager was so alarmed at Man’s appearance that he called Dunwoody police, who arrived after she left the store. That is the last time Man was seen in public.

Cell phone and Uber records show that Man and Davis were both at Gwinnett Place Mall around 3:40 a.m on Nov. 30.

When police responded to the restaurant space where Man was found on Dec. 21, Man’s blood and hair was “all over the floor” across two rooms in the restaurant.

Man’s shoe prints were in the blood, along with finger marks indicating she had been dragged through the blood.Two days after Man’s body was found, Davis pawned Man’s iPhone and went to stay with his mother in Brooklyn, New York.

..more at link.

RIP

I don't know why the face tattoo is only emerging currently... It's a huge identifier! This article gives Nov 15 2017 as the date they got the face tattoos: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...-mall-killing/yiCjkmZnf4ph9gWG4EN5PJ/amp.html
I think after she picked up her last check he kept her very isolated until her death. One of the last known sightings of her she had bruises on her face. Could you imagine getting a tattoo over that!?

And with the broken ribs, blood and hair everywhere at the crime scene... When this case first got publicized they said her cause of death was undetermined. Leaving me to personally believe it was a OD or natural death from what they made it seem. I wonder if the boyfriend had any connections to the Subway... Like past employee who would know it was vacant for some time.

I'm fascinated by deadmalls and with knowing the signs of decline of them I can see how a body not being detected could happen. Gwinnett Place Mall is still in business; nevertheless, but once a mall starts to lose it's anchor shops it's typically downhill from there. Gwinnett only has 3 left of it's 5 anchor stores and is predicted to potentially close by 2020. Cool fact: Stranger Things filmed shots for it's 3rd season in May.

According to the Gwinnett Place Mall website, it's food court is on the first floor right in front of the Sear's entrance; as well as, a main entrance. The website also says the mall opens at 10am with office hours of 8:30am. With that being said, Uber records place Davis and Man outside the mall at 3:40 am the morning of Nov. 30. When did they actually enter the mall? Did they break in? Did anyone hear her struggle as the crime scene suggests a painful death? Especially if it's located possibly next to a main entrance? If they did wait until the mall opened what did they do from 3:40-10am outside the mall?

I don't know why the face tattoo is only emerging currently... It's a huge identifier! This article gives Nov 15 2017 as the date they got the face tattoos: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...-mall-killing/yiCjkmZnf4ph9gWG4EN5PJ/amp.html
I think after she picked up her last check he kept her very isolated until her death. One of the last known sightings of her she had bruises on her face. Could you imagine getting a tattoo over that!?

And with the broken ribs, blood and hair everywhere at the crime scene... When this case first got publicized they said her cause of death was undetermined. Leaving me to personally believe it was a OD or natural death from what they made it seem. I wonder if the boyfriend had any connections to the Subway... Like past employee who would know it was vacant for some time.

I'm fascinated by deadmalls and with knowing the signs of decline of them I can see how a body not being detected could happen. Gwinnett Place Mall is still in business; nevertheless, but once a mall starts to lose it's anchor shops it's typically downhill from there. Gwinnett only has 3 left of it's 5 anchor stores and is predicted to potentially close by 2020. Cool fact: Stranger Things filmed shots for it's 3rd season in May.

According to the Gwinnett Place Mall website, it's food court is on the first floor right in front of the Sear's entrance; as well as, a main entrance. The website also says the mall opens at 10am with office hours of 8:30am. With that being said, Uber records place Davis and Man outside the mall at 3:40 am the morning of Nov. 30. When did they actually enter the mall? Did they break in? Did anyone hear her struggle as the crime scene suggests a painful death? Especially if it's located possibly next to a main entrance? If they did wait until the mall opened what did they do from 3:40-10am outside the mall?
Mall website:
Moonbeam
Mall source:
Gwinnett Place Mall - Wikipedia

I cannot for the life of me understand why Silling would want to take up with a guy like that, I really can't. I wonder what her family thought of it?

I cannot for the life of me understand why Silling would want to take up with a guy like that, I really can't. I wonder what her family thought of it?
Manipulation. In the beginning they dote on how they are such a 'good guy'. Then when they have you vulnerable they constantly keep you down. You no longer have self esteem so you feel like you can't leave. I've dated someone like that before. I didn't notice how bad it was until the relationship had long ended. He played off as being such a good guy then next thing I knew he was insulting me regularly, then randomly breaking up with me b/c I was going to hang out with a male friend later or to him I didn't seem that into him from his perspective. I think his exact words were that I wasn't obsessed with him enough. We didn't date long, but it seemed like a long time due to how impactful it was. He even tried to get me to change my hair color and give me clothing that I later found out his ex had worn... It's all crazy.

My guess to how her family felt is that he was the reason she ran away. He caused Silling and her family to become estranged. In an article I read her family described her relationship with Davis as toxic and that they only have been together for a couple of months.

Manipulation. In the beginning they dote on how they are such a 'good guy'. Then when they have you vulnerable they constantly keep you down. You no longer have self esteem so you feel like you can't leave. I've dated someone like that before. I didn't notice how bad it was until the relationship had long ended. He played off as being such a good guy then next thing I knew he was insulting me regularly, then randomly breaking up with me b/c I was going to hang out with a male friend later or to him I didn't seem that into him from his perspective. I think his exact words were that I wasn't obsessed with him enough. We didn't date long, but it seemed like a long time due to how impactful it was. He even tried to get me to change my hair color and give me clothing that I later found out his ex had worn... It's all crazy.

My guess to how her family felt is that he was the reason she ran away. He caused Silling and her family to become estranged. In an article I read her family described her relationship with Davis as toxic and that they only have been together for a couple of months.

I'm sorry it happened to you. :(

You're definitely right about the manipulation part. Davis should be thrown in jail for a long time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back