Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's any confusion at all, Radar Online is off-limits. Post mentioning it will be removed.

Do not mention it, do not link to it, and do not bring any information (rumor) here or discuss it.

Thanks.

But I'm not sure they can be discussed on here. I can't imagine that would be allowed for privacy reasons.

On this specific site or what?
Public record is public record. If the press can announce to the world that WC has been charged with stalking numerous times, then certainly I can say that nothing of record came back about some unidentified individuals.

I hear you. But consider that this is a very high profile case at the moment, involving state and federal LE using every means of 21st century technology at their disposal. This task force represents the best LEOs in the land; determined, experienced investigators. And they do NOT want to be outsmarted or embarrassed by the likes of whoever took Mollie. IMHO.
As I recall, in the very beginning LE stated that they had a trove of information from the cell phone and fit bit data. I thought it was one of the many tools they are utilizing in this investigation, hence the amount of time it is taking to follow up on the leads they have.

The link has been posted before, but what I found interesting when watching this video interview with RT and DJ, is that Dalton said that Mollie was actually sporadic in her choice of routes. She'd obviously run down some of the same streets in town but not always take the exact same route, so I am wondering if there's much point in trying to lock down a specific regular route if she could've have taken any turn or variation differently than the day before or a week before.

Mollie Tibbetts investigators remain tight-lipped nearly a month after Iowa college student vanished

But how would the perp know the dogs were supposed to be in the basement when nobody was home?
That may have simply been the easiest place to put them. I don’t support that theory though. I firmly believe that the dogs were in her basement because that’s where Mollie put them when she left the house. With everything else we know, it’s likely the dogs were put there when she left for her jog, and she never had the opportunity to let them back out.

Last edited:
As someone in the UK, how unusual is that the VP would comment on such a fresh (or any) missing person case? I don't remember one before in the US?

Is it simply timing as there are elections coming up there?
He’s in Iowa now, and because the case is garnering so much attention there, I imagine he decided to Tweet about it.

As stated in previous posts, from last night, there are folks who don't feel safe at truck stops, as weird stuff can and does happen there. Myself, I love them, but I have always enjoyed going to the circus and the zoo! My apologies to all the hard working truck drivers out there who must use truck stops, as it is not necessarily your profession that I am watching while there. It's the other bit players that one might see passing thru.

While I'm not narrow-minded enough to lump all truck stops in the same basket, I am one who is averse to stopping anyplace that might appear a bit sketchy while traveling.

This particular truck stop is modern, clean, well-lit, and comparatively small, with the overnight truck parking area located behind it and some distance away and even the diesel canopy some distance from the building. And on top of all that, we're talking about somebody arriving while it's still daylight. I have a hard time imagining a traveler seeing that and expecting to find something nicer, cleaner, and safer by traveling on to a nearby one-horse town.

Besides, we're talking about a potential rapist and murderer here, not a teenage girl.

Hi there. I’m so sorry what you went through! I’m sure that was terrifying and I’m glad you got away!
I agree that I think Mollie was taken at home in some form. I also read on an earlier post that there are underground bunker type areas around there. I wish they would check those out.
Interesting. There seem to be endless possibilities. This poster gave us tremendous insight and knowledge we may all find useful in putting the pieces together. I found it very helpful. What a strong and courageous woman!

Does anyone know the cell tower locations in relationship to the five areas of interest on the map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard