UT UT - Emery Co, Green River, WhtMale 30-35, UP8483, described as "powerfully built", clothes, Feb'76

folieadeuxnola

70's-80's Jane Doe's
Reaction score
Emery County John Doe

Date Discovered: Sunday, February 1st, 1976

Discovery Location: Green River, Emery County, Utah

Physical Description:

Race: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Height: 5’11” (71”)
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Hair: Dark Brown, 7” long
Eye Color:
Clothing:
Levi blue jeans 29” inseam, 36” dark brown belt, Royal Coach briefs Sz. M 34”-36”
Jewelry:
Characteristics
/Medical/Scars: Beard, mustache, powerfully built
Condition of Remain: Not recognizable, one or more limbs not recovered
Transportation:
Postmortem Interval:
Estimated Year of Death:
Fingerprint Status: Not Available
Dental Status: Available
DNA Status: Not Available

Circumstances:
The unidentified man was found Sunday, February 1st, 1976 in a wash 3 miles west of Green River.

Investigating Agencies:
Emery County Sheriff
1850 North 550 West
Castle Dale, UT
Tele: 435.381.2404
UID Case # 197600106
Web:
http://www.emerycounty.com/sheriff/index.htm

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # UP8483: http://www.emerycounty.com/sheriff/index.htm
Case Manager: Dustin Driscoll
Tele: 817.240.4106
E-Mail: dustin.driscoll@unthsc.edu

News/Blogs:

There were (2-3) bodies found around the same time frame in Emery County the news articles differ somewhat from the NAMUS circumstances and it is making it essentially hard to determine if I have the correct Doe from the news articles.

A man was found Feb 1st, 1976 by (2) teenagers that were riding motorcycles (3) miles east of Green River near US 50-6. The articles stated that the body was badly decomposed but appeared to be in this 30's and PMI two to three months the man was clad in blue jeans and also carried (2) identifications indicating he was from Texas. Later in March another articles states the man found in 1st of Feb was found in a car that was registered to Ronnie Lee Ryan of San Antonio, TX dental charts proved that neither body found in Emery was proved to be Ryan.

To note the other body found was a young man in his 20's.

Researching this UID a bit further ............

“Powerfully built” is interesting description. Wish we knew if they had DNA for him or not.

Interesting about the news articles and that Ronnie Lee Ryan was ruled out. Is he still missing?

Agreed found "powerfully bulit" an indifferent description for sure. It makes me think he may have had a stocky bone structure or possibly there were remains left of his muscles that may have indicated he worked out or did manual labor.

I'm still researching this UP as that their were somethings that seemed convoluted and I wanted to be sure to bring accurate and full details to the plate.

The father of Ronnie was contacted and he believe he stated that Ronnie left in the summer of 75. Will research and find more info on this I believe this case is an interesting one

I found 10 possible matches two in which I think are more likely than the others those being:

- Wynant Lee Moore (Athletic build, would be around 31-32, 5'11", and dark brown hair)
- George Jack Beall (Would be about 35-36, 2" inches above estimated height, and has a mustache) (Although has a definite scar difference)

Others who I think could be of possibility would be

- Edmond M Vickaryous
- William John Day
- Myron C. Alberding (possible victim of boating accident)
- Howard Joseph Kittelson
- Howard W Veillette Sr (NamUs said he's missing from Hawaii, but the Charley project says he's missing from Shelton, Connecticut)
- Richard Frank Plechner
- John Smith Jr (However, a friend got a call from someone who said he was deceased)
- Leonard Ronald Goff

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back