Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This little gem took my breath away:

PAT JENKINS: The children had said to Mum, "You haven't been across to see our cubbyhouse. "We got a new cubbyhouse for Christmas." And Mum said, "I can't go. "I can't go there now because I used to stay overnight "and you haven't got a bed," because they had separate rooms at that stage. And one of the little girls said, "You can sleep in Daddy's bed”. My mother said, ‘I couldn't do that'. And the little girl said, ‘Oh, well, Joanne does'.

but then, she went home with him, and they did some hand in hand walking stuff ( Chris mentions this in the context of it being the first time in months they had done this ) and then he, full of the joy of mankind, makes her a lovely drink and Helena ( Lynns Mum ) rings to find out how it was all going, and Chris gets a bit stroppy.

It is hard to reconcile the throat grabbing stuff, and the hand in hand stuff in the one encounter...

The more the story is looked at, the more it becomes apparent ( if one is convinced she was murdered, which I am ) that the small girls must have seen something .

If she was murdered, she didn't ' get a lift with Chris to the bus stop to go shopping ' after which, she was going to ' meet him at the Northbridge pool'....

He has the kids that morning. Obviously, who else ? He rings Helena to meet him at the pool, also,... well.... why? did he already know that Lynn would not be rocking up after 'shopping'.?? . and the mate who met him there, also. …

from memory, which can sometimes be a bit shaky, it was the women,, or one woman at the creche, where she worked...

but.. if it was Friday that the counselling session took place, and she 'left' 2 days later, … that makes it a Sunday.. ( yet, he says, he drove her to the bus stop to do shopping, and I am not sure if Sunday shopping was a reality then, I tend to think it wasn't... ) ….

( slumps into mumbling mantra )……

The counselling session took place on Friday 8th January. Lyn went back to work straight after the session holding hands with Chris where she told her workmates about the incident in the lift. That night she enjoyed her lovely drink while she spoke to her mum.
Lyn went missing on Saturday 9th January. The shops were open for trade on a Saturday at that time.

but then, she went home with him, and they did some hand in hand walking stuff ( Chris mentions this in the context of it being the first time in months they had done this ) and then he, full of the joy of mankind, makes her a lovely drink and Helena ( Lynns Mum ) rings to find out how it was all going, and Chris gets a bit stroppy.

It is hard to reconcile the throat grabbing stuff, and the hand in hand stuff in the one encounter...
his version of events is pretty perposterious .

look at the PROVEN discrepencies we have located little ol us nobodies :confused:

two coroners courts and police department 100% behind a charge.

heads absolutely deserve to roll at the dpp.

no question in my mind as all of you.....this was silenced because of known affiliations.

look at the PROVEN discrepencies we have located little ol us nobodies :confused:

no question in my mind as all of you.....this was silenced because of known affiliations.

In the words of the DPP circa 2010:

"Some of the evidence that was received from the two coronial inquiries into the disappearance of Lynette Dawson would be objectionable and probably inadmissible in a trial where the rules of evidence apply."

"The case, therefore, presently has no reasonable prospect of conviction."

im not ready for a new podcast tonight!
we've had so much to process this week I haven't even read fully the thread this week lol

im stuck on and flawed at the clear blatant lies around all his dates.
him lying to police (and caught out)about running off with joanne at Christmas and then lying (and caught out) about when he picked her up at south west rocks is alone enough for me.
and theres mountains of stuff beyond that!!

thanks for replies above guys and references to the lift choking event.
thats what I thought which is hard to reconcile that even.

lyns pertraying that everything is going to be alright and the hand holding etc
but confides in at least someone at work that chris choked her in the lift on the way there.
far out.....she was very messed up emotionally :confused::oops::(

“I could never have committed any of the major crimes I did, and got away with them, without the assistance of the NSW police force.
“They were the best police force that money could buy.”

Gotta love these last 2 sentences in the article I just linked above. Seems Neddy also had the cops in his pocket as well.

I cannot see any other reason. It is very rare, I cant think of a previous occasion, where 2 coroners inquests make the same recommendation, neither of which are adhered to . On the face of it , it looks like a severe rejection of a coroners findings, and this just isn't how it goes, usually.

I suspect the Catholic church is in on the game, too, because it defeats logic how, after 2 , count 'em, 2 coroners inquests , both of whom state she was murdered and he is the major suspect, and he did it to continue his sexual connection to his nubile pupil at the high school he taught at, he gets a job at an all girls boarding college!!

An enclosed domicile filled with hormone addled teenagers, heads filled with the visions of Bruce Springsteen and Michael Jackson, and he gets paid for this...…

In any community, this one takes the cake for sheer idiocy.

An article in Today's The Australian
SISTERS PLEA TO NEDDY FOR INFO ON LYN THWARTED
Sister’s plea to contract killer Neddy Smith for info on Lyn

Nocookies

It is a measure of how far the NSW police have , or had , sunk in those days, that asking Neddy seems a rational idea.

Even so.... I cant see Chris , or Paul for that matter , paying for the job to be done when they could do it themselves for nothing.. These were men with a peculiar and particular outlook on their money....

an example of peculiar. When the artist turns up with the commissioned drawing of his own two children, forever preserved in charcoal, a real collectors piece, and Chris says no!. just straight up, nope , not paying for it, take it away . slams the door.

Last edited:
Something that has made me cringe throughout is Chris and Paul Dawson being referred to as "former Newtown Jets rugby league stars."

Truth is they were nothing of the sort.

Chris was at Newtown between 1972 and 1977 and played only 11 games.

Paul was at also at Newtown between 1972 and 1977 and played only 17 games.

A mate of mine was a serious Newtown supporter back in the mid to late 70s and had never heard of either of them.

In the words of the DPP circa 2010:

"Some of the evidence that was received from the two coronial inquiries into the disappearance of Lynette Dawson would be objectionable and probably inadmissible in a trial where the rules of evidence apply."

"The case, therefore, presently has no reasonable prospect of conviction."

the thing is, the Coroner is a professional and his/her remit is to recommend procedures to follow, and would be hardly likely, in fact, it would be unheard of for the Coroner to recommend objectionable and inadmissible matters to the DPP!! The Coroners profession is recommending admissible and unobjectionable matters to the Crown!. That's what he/she is there for.

That is a blinding and deliberate furphy, there just isn't any other explanation .

Something that has made me cringe throughout is Chris and Paul Dawson being referred to as "former Newtown Jets rugby league stars."

Truth is they were nothing of the sort.

Chris was at Newtown between 1972 and 1977 and played only 11 games.

Paul was at also at Newtown between 1972 and 1977 and played only 17 games.

A mate of mine was a serious Newtown supporter back in the mid to late 70s and had never heard of either of them.

Fame!! such a fleeting experience!!

“I could never have committed any of the major crimes I did, and got away with them, without the assistance of the NSW police force.
“They were the best police force that money could buy.”

Gotta love these last 2 sentences in the article I just linked above. Seems Neddy also had the cops in his pocket as well.

No question about that, and he wasn't alone either.

It is a measure of how far the NSW police have , or had , sunk in those days, that asking Neddy seems a rational idea.

Even so.... I cant see Chris , or Paul for that matter , paying for the job to be done when they could do it themselves for nothing.. These were men with a peculiar and particular outlook on their money....

an example of peculiar. When the artist turns up with the commissioned drawing of his own two children, forever preserved in charcoal, a real collectors piece, and Chris says no!. just straight up, nope , not paying for it, take it away . slams the door.

I agree Trooper. Chris definitely carried out Lyn's murder and disposal himself, possibly with Paul & his wife's assistance with the clean up and cover up.
I thought Needy's comment though provided further proof of the corrupt NSW Police Force in the area at that time.

An article in Today's The Australian
SISTERS PLEA TO NEDDY FOR INFO ON LYN THWARTED
Sister’s plea to contract killer Neddy Smith for info on Lyn

Nocookies
To @k-mac
Hopefully you can get a good night's sleep.
"Ms Jenkins discusses the letter in a new episode of The Australian’s investigative podcast series The Teacher’s Pet, released tomorrow.'
ugh
I hear you.....im sooooo tired tonight but I am not turning in till ive heard episode 13:D

Anyone else seen it reported that Chris taught 1988-1992 Coombabah State High School QLD.
Sorry link not allowed so just IMO

It opened in 1986, with a student population of approximately 670 students in Years 8, 9 and 11. Years 10 and 12 were introduced in 1987, and enrolments continued to grow, reaching a peak of approximately 1700 in 1989. The first principal was Kevin Bowden, who was assisted by Carmel Gomm as Deputy Principal and Dorothy Dwyer as Senior Mistress. In 2011, Coombabah High celebrated its 25th anniversary.

Rugby League program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member