Found Deceased Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience with Moms living in shelters. You can call the shelters, identify who you are. Teacher from school, and leave a message for why you are calling. You don’t ask if they are there. Just give a message.
I'm curious if this is different if there is an active investigation, though. I'll ask my best friend who is a director at a DV shelter (and thinks I'm nuts for following cases on WS for fun).

ETA: Unless a woman signs a consent form to release information to LE (or CPS), the shelter cannot confirm or deny someone is staying there. Very doubtful Shanann is at a shelter but I hope I'm wrong because it would mean SW and those beautiful girls are safe.

Last edited:
LE knows how to interrogate. If this guy did something to Shannon and the girls as a result of snapping after or during that emotional heated "discussion" , he's going to fold....just like in Crystal McDowell's case.
If he is fundamentally a cold calculator and premeditated this, I suspect he will go silent, stick to his story, and assume no body no case.
That is, IF he is responsible for their disappearance.

I bet LE isn't going let him pull the "We had an emotional discussion...and I'll leave it at that." Carp.

I can’t fathom a dad killing his kids. That’s the sticking point for me. I can see him dropping his kids off somewhere if he was going to hurt Shannan, but not killing them all.

Maybe his mother, who clearly didn’t believe the girls had serious allergies and wanted to prove it by leaving nuts out for them to eat, convinced him to give them nuts and he accidentally killed them that way. As outlandish as that is, it feels a lot better than him doing something else to them.

IF there's video recording that could account for the movements around their house in that window of time.... they (LE) could look for her in a radius of the distance to his workplace.

Have they used SAR dogs at all ?
Going on the assumption she could still be alive and well -- just hiding at a friends' place. Though that seems far-fetched, since she didn't take her kids' meds. (A previous article implied one of the children may have had a medical issue.)

I'm not thinking they'd need cadaver/decomp. dogs at the house yet.
No blood evidence or signs of a struggle -- according what's been released by LE.

There was an article that showed pictures of the neighborhood canvas using K-9's but I haven't run across it. This article mentions a neighbor who saw them.

Hallowell saw police K-9s and officers patrolling the neighborhood on Tuesday, she said.
Little new information in disappearance of mother, daughters from Frederick

Maybe his mother, who clearly didn’t believe the girls had serious allergies and wanted to prove it by leaving nuts out for them to eat, convinced him to give them nuts and he accidentally killed them that way. As outlandish as that is, it feels a lot better than him doing something else to them.

Or maybe she came for a visit. I seriously want to know if his family was in the area. I wish they would make a statement.

Who here has a doorbell camera? Do you look at it all day? Does it send you a message that someone is at the door? Do they have to ring the doorbell for it to work?

Now, the story is that she had a doctor's appointment and was going to a friend's house. A friend stops by at noon and no one answers the door. He is watching the door on his phone. He said he was alarmed when no one answered the door.

Why was he watching the front door on his house if he thought his wife and kids were home?

On the other hand, why would he expect her to answer the door when she had plans to be out of the house?

I am confused. But, if I had been in the situation to see someone come to my front door and no one answered, I would have assumed NO ONE WAS HOME, and wouldn't have been alarmed right away.

I also wonder if they've sent the information to all hospitals in Colorado? Maybe even further out? So that if the child does have a reaction and gets brought in, they can recognize who she is?

That's what I hate about LE not telling us what they are doing. We don't know if they have done something we are thinking of. When they and family don't want our suggestions... then we are just left to wonder if they've thought of it. Yes, it may seem obvious... but they are human too and they do miss things. We've seen it happen.

I have no doubt CW has already "lawyered up". And is now being "mum" on everything that could help LE. I don't like being suspicious, but 99% of cases like this, we already know the outcome, and the most likely suspect. In Jeffrey McDonald's case, who BTW still states he is "innocent", the theory was that he was mad, flew off the handle, and realized he couldn't repair the damage, so he staged the rest. Or in Scott Peterson's case, he decided he didn't want a pregnant wife. He has also continued to state his innocence.

Ok, the last Thrive case we had on here the woman, maybe, faked her own kidnapping. I can’t recall and she posts so many posts a day, I have not had the time to go back and check on that. I do know she tried too kill herself when she was returned home. And came very close to doing so. Could the Moms disappearance be Thrive related?

Who here has a doorbell camera? Do you look at it all day? Does it send you a message that someone is at the door? Do they have to ring the doorbell for it to work?

Now, the story is that she had a doctor's appointment and was going to a friend's house. A friend stops by at noon and no one answers the door. He is watching the door on his phone. He said he was alarmed when no one answered the door.

Why was he watching the front door on his house if he thought his wife and kids were home?

On the other hand, why would he expect her to answer the door when she had plans to be out of the house?

I am confused. But, if I had been in the situation to see someone come to my front door and no one answered, I would have assumed NO ONE WAS HOME, and wouldn't have been alarmed right away.

I started to type these exact thoughts but assumed he probably receives an alert through an app when someone rings his doorbell.

I don't have a doorbell camera but do have home cameras. I get alerts if it senses movement (dog, which it's not supposed to detect) often. JMO.

The ring doorbell can send you alerts when there is movement or noise at your door. He may have it set to send him text alerts or the like. When his wife didn't answer, he saw someone at the door (her friend) and simultaneously that friend called him to tell him that his wife no showed for a dr appt and their planned meet up.

I think it's just one of the daughters that has the severe allergy.

I will conjecture that the friend came to the door was maybe going to accompany Shanann to the medical appointment. Maybe when there was no answer she tried to phone and she could hear the cellphone ringing inside the house but no answer? And maybe with Shanann being pregnant there might have been extra worries about her health...she might have worried that her friend was laying unconscious inside and called LE for a welfare check and called CW to let him know what was going on?

We have one and no the doorbell doesn’t have to be rung for it to work. It will notify me via my phone and iPad if it detects movement or if the doorbell is rang. I can also pull up the camera at anytime without a notification

I think I read that they have a Ring doorbell. I had one at my former home in Denver. You get motion notifications and if someone rings the bell it sounds on your phone. Either way you can see what is going on at your door and beyond, depending on how you set the zones on the camera. hth

SW may have told her friend that everything was not going so well with CW, maybe some serious issues, and when the friend couldn't reach SW, she was quite worried and contacted LE, LE does not normally do a Welfare check on an adult that fast...unless there is more to the story...

IF there's video recording that could account for the movements around their house in that window of time.... they (LE) could look for her in a radius of the distance to his workplace.

Have they used SAR dogs at all ?
Going on the assumption she could still be alive and well -- just hiding at a friends' place. Though that seems far-fetched, since she didn't take her kids' meds. (A previous article implied one of the children may have had a medical issue.)

I'm not thinking they'd need cadaver/decomp. dogs at the house yet.
No blood evidence or signs of a struggle -- according what's been released by LE.

This was posted to a FB page;

So far these are the “facts” that are known..

Arrived home 1:45 am Monday

Husband left 5:15 am Monday

Friend called, texted & went by at noon, reported her missing

Husband came home from work

House was securely locked

Phone, purse, wallet, car and keys were all at the home

Girls car seats and medication were at the home

No Amber Alert - children believed to be with the mother

Hospitals and pharmacies have been checked

Police are aware she wears an Apple Watch

K9's were used, they do not believe they found a scent to follow

Police are canvassing the neighborhood