MO MO - Sebastian Husted, 18, Mercer County, 22 Jan 2018

I actually got mad tonight about the Mollie media blitz. The Paula Zahn show tonight was about the disappearance Crystal Ballard/Rogers. She's a girl that was a grade or two younger than me in high school that went missing. The show tonight was the first big nationwide thing I've seen about Crystal and she went missing in 2015. Crystal (and several other likely related crimes) has been all over the local news. Foul play is definitely involved in her case and there are other local crimes/murders that are definitely connected in some way.
Molly disappearing is troubling by all means, but they don't seem to really have any clues about what happened to her (at least to my knowledge). And she just went missing a few weeks ago. They've been mentioning her all of the time on the news. And I'm nowhere near Iowa (I'm in KY). Crystal's been gone for years now and they know that something bad definitely had to have happened to her. And somebody murdered her dad shortly after she disappeared. It makes no sense to me why the media will grab onto certain things and go with it until it's almost overkill.

That kinda/sorta off topic rant aside... I can't find anything about this boy's disappearance that isn't in the story at the top of the thread. Which ain't much.
This doesn't belong in this thread. There is nothing about Sabastian in your rant. Sounds like you have an issue with a TV show on Investigation Discovery. Maybe put that in a Crystal Ballard thread.

This doesn't belong in this thread. There is nothing about Sabastian in your rant. Sounds like you have an issue with a TV show on Investigation Discovery. Maybe put that in a Crystal Ballard thread.

I was talking about how some cases (i.e. Mollie) are all over the news and others are basically ignored. Like I said, I've never seen anything about this guy on the news even though I don't live in that area. And I couldn't find anything searching the web other than what little there is in that first story, which is basically his description and that he was at a pig farm. I live a few states away and they seem to at least mention Mollie in some way on every newscast that I catch. I don't want to make light of her disappearance. I'm talking about hearing about her so often on my local (Kentucky) news when she went missing in Iowa. It doesn't look like Sebastian's been on the news much at all even in his area.

I was talking about how some cases (i.e. Mollie) are all over the news and others are basically ignored. Like I said, I've never seen anything about this guy on the news even though I don't live in that area. And I couldn't find anything searching the web other than what little there is in that first story, which is basically his description and that he was at a pig farm. I live a few states away and they seem to at least mention Mollie in some way on every newscast that I catch. I don't want to make light of her disappearance. I'm talking about hearing about her so often on my local (Kentucky) news when she went missing in Iowa. It doesn't look like Sebastian's been on the news much at all even in his area.
Sorry about my post. It was late at night and I may have been a little insensitive. You're right, and the Crystal Rogers case is very frustrating(I watched the Zahn's show last night). I don't blame it on the media, though. It seems like one of those cases were we all know who did it. Some people will say "It's not what you know, but what you can prove in court". I do think it's the same with Mollie's case. It appears obvious, but hard to prove in court without a body. I have followed Jodi Huisentruit's case for years and it's the same situation. Coincidently the person Jodi wanted to be like was Paula Zahn according to her journals.

Sorry about my post. It was late at night and I may have been a little insensitive. You're right, and the Crystal Rogers case is very frustrating(I watched the Zahn's show last night). I don't blame it on the media, though. It seems like one of those cases were we all know who did it. Some people will say "It's not what you know, but what you can prove in court". I do think it's the same with Mollie's case. It appears obvious, but hard to prove in court without a body. I have followed Jodi Huisentruit's case for years and it's the same situation. Coincidently the person Jodi wanted to be like was Paula Zahn according to her journals.

The show on ID was the first nationwide coverage of Crystal, at least that I know of. You hear about her case (in some way or form) all of the time in the local news. That's what is kind of concerning about Sebastian. I still couldn't find much about his disappearance on the net that. I hope the authorities aren't taking the "Oh, he's a guy. He can take care of himself" attitude.

And here's something else that reminded me of something that makes his disappearance (and lack of publicity) worrying...
Centerville Police reports for 12/28/17 to 12/30/17 (The Daily Iowegian, Centreville IA)
Dec. 28

11:23 a.m. Sebastian Tyrese Husted, 18, of Centerville, was charged with third degree criminal mischief.
It reminded me of something from the movie Freeway. Maybe it because I watched it on a Bourbon-fueled night with friends a little while ago and it was fresh in mu mind. Who knows if I would have thought of it otherwise?

Reece Witherspoon (an underage prostitute who is in jail for shooting a serial killer) says something to the effect of "Once you're in the system, they ain't never gonna believe anything you say ever again."

And "criminal mischief" basically means doing anything stupid (serious or not) that the cops see you doing, so I really don't know exactly what he did to get in trouble. Third degree means that it was probably especially minor. But it's still a blemish on his reputation.

Last edited:
Ty’s sister did an interview w/ a true crime YouTuber- the show is called Brainscratch - Searchlight. It was just posted this morning.

This is my first post & think it’s okay that I bring awareness to the video, but can’t share the link due to TOS since it’s not MSM or LE but with it being an interview w/ his sister - I wanted to share. Please let me know if this is against the rules.

Ty’s sister did an interview w/ a true crime YouTuber- the show is called Brainscratch - Searchlight. It was just posted this morning.

This is my first post & think it’s okay that I bring awareness to the video, but can’t share the link due to TOS since it’s not MSM or LE but with it being an interview w/ his sister - I wanted to share. Please let me know if this is against the rules.
I’ve seen links posted before to inform members of shows such as this one so I think you’re good. We may not be able to talk about speculation on these shows but we are allowed to mention they exist. I hope a more seasoned member can jump in and let us know :)

I’ve seen links posted before to inform members of shows such as this one so I think you’re good. We may not be able to talk about speculation on these shows but we are allowed to mention they exist. I hope a more seasoned member can jump in and let us know :)

That makes sense - no discussion on speculations. :)

The information she gave is incredibly worrying... I will continue sitting on my hands until further notice

The video was very interesting! Personally living near Centerville I wish I could have heard the last name of the coworker!

I don’t know exactly where in relation to the town of Lineville the hog barn is but the google maps satellite view is current as of this spring. I’ve been trying to scroll around to see if I can see anything strange.

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad your here.

Thanks for posting this. I saw his sister post this on his missing FaceBook page but I haven't been able to watch it yet.

Last edited:
Nope, sorry! Some cases get enormous attention, others none. See it all the time on here.

Don’t be sorry you are right!

The information revealed in the Searchlight interview was very concerning and foul play seems likely imo. Especially the part about phone communications between the brothers. I really hope that the authorities are giving this case due diligence in investigating. It's a pity the media hasn't been more interested in covering this mystery. Jurisdictional conflicts are probably causing problems, though.

As Mollie Tibbetts reward grows to $400,000 and gets her own .gov website, I'm thinking about Sebastian's family and the baby boy he never got to meet. And more importantly a baby boy that never got the chance to know his father. Please go to his Facebook page and read some of the information about him and watch the Brain Scratch Searchlight video. It gives a better idea of who he is and the information surrounding him missing. His sister is so young and really trying to get the word out for her brother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back