Singer Aretha Franklin, aged 76, has passed away

She is on the Freeway of Love

==================================================

Doing some stuff that is not like her huge stuff -- gives perspective imo

Here is her cover from broadway's Les Misérables -incredible evenings of theatre (seen it three times !) the show won 24 awards - 8 of which were Tonys!!

It is neat to see the broadway version and then see what Aretha did with it.

Her increible cover from Le Mis

It is neat to see the Broadway version and then hear how Aretha took it way. Obviously the broadway version has a special place - to be in the dark theatre and experience it live is utterly incredible !

Last edited:
her pain has ended. Ours - and everyone who knew and loved her, loved her music, what she stood for - that pain has just begun. I hope there is celebration of her life, of her music, her legacy.

Beautiful thread this one is. I'll come back when I need a lift for sure!

...It is neat to see the Broadway version and then hear how Aretha took it way. Obviously the broadway version has a special place - to be in the dark theatre and experience it live is utterly incredible !

Thank you for sharing this, CARIIS. I hadn't heard the late, great Aretha sing the beloved ballad from Les Miserables that I've seen several times, as well. I had chills and tears in my eyes watching and listening to the Queen of Soul put her personal signature on the poignant song. Bravo!

"The tide recedes but leaves bright seashells on the sand,
The sun goes down but gentle warmth still lingers on the land.
The music stops and yet it echoes on in sweet refrains...
For every joy that passes, something beautiful remains."

(Anon.)

R.I.P.

Aretha Franklin lived ten lifetimes in one, and will go down in eternity as the Queen of Soul. She inspired a generation of women to demand
R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
I can see her waving sassily from above with a heavenly choir surrounding her.

There will never be another like her.
RIP Aretha.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member