Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there was a bit of discussion about whether her latest pregnancy was planned, if it was a surprise to CW, etc. but I didn't remember seeing it confirmed one way or another. This sounds like it was indeed, planned. So, what in the world happened?!

Shanann Watts announced her third pregnancy June 11 in a series of Facebook posts, and provided her followers with updates in the months to follow.

“Chris, we are so incredibly blessed to have you!” she wrote on Facebook on Father’s Day. “You do so much everyday for us and take such great care of us. You are the reason I was brave enough to agree to number 3!”

Frederick, Colorado, Man Confesses To Killing Pregnant Wife, 2 Daughters: Police | HuffPost

I saw this coming from 100,000 miles away, but my heart still breaks.
I was up late with my baby & saw the news break live. I laid in bed for a long time thinking about this poor family, & my life as a single parent to my kids. As hard as it is, & as much as it hurts for one’s partner/kids’ father to walk away (too selfish/immature to be a family man), it’s infinitely preferable to being annihilated.
I wish so much CW had just left, just walked away. There was zero reason to kill his wife & kids. Zero. Potential divorce & child support? Whoop de do. He would have still been left with 70-75% of his income & could’ve started a new selfish life alone. Shanann & her kids could have still lived their lives, then. Now, everyone’s life is over - literally or figuratively.
May they rest in peace. I can’t even bear to look at pictures of those beautiful children bc it breaks my heart to think of their suffering & the injustice of this. My heart goes out to their extended family members & friends.
And, shout out to Nicole, if you’re reading this. You are amazing. You are likely why LE & justice got rolling so swiftly. Thank you for being such a good friend & listening to your gut.

Such heartbreaking news. My heart goes out to the family and loved ones of this beautiful young woman and her 3 precious children.

I do want to say something about the interview with the killer. I had the liberty to watch the video after I already knew he had confessed to the murders, so it was easy for me to see he was lying and difficult to know for sure how I would have felt had I not known. Of course, I feel strongly I would have been suspicious, to say the least.

That said, I do think it is important to give victims the benefit of the doubt before jumping to conclusions. In cases like this, I believe it is always safe to assume that the authorities are doing their jobs. I just think back to innocent people who have been maligned in the media. Mark Lunsford comes to mind. The father of Riley Fox. Richard Jewell is another example as well as the entire Duke LaCross team. It is very tricky to expect people to act a particular way and show particular emotions while on camera and in a stressful situation. I recall people saying Mark Lunsford seemed guilty because he didn't show emotion.

And to the friend that did jump to conclusions - good on you! I am sure she was privy to far more information about the relationship than any of us. God bless her heart for doing her best to protect her friend and her babies. I hope she knows that there are so many people thinking of her right now and wrapping our hearts around her right now. I hope she can find some comfort in knowing that they will have justice because of her.

Not bodies:

§ 18-8-610. Tampering with physical evidence
Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 18-8-610 (2016)

(1) A person commits tampering with physical evidence if, believing that an official proceeding is pending or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, he:

(a) Destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters physical evidence with intent to impair its verity or availability in the pending or prospective official proceeding; or

(b) Knowingly makes, presents, or offers any false or altered physical evidence with intent that it be introduced in the pending or prospective official proceeding.

(2) "Physical evidence", as used in this section, includes any article, object, document, record, or other thing of physical substance; except that "physical evidence" does not include a human body, part of a human body, or human remains subject to a violation of section 18-8-610.5.

(3) Tampering with physical evidence is a class 6 felony.

I'm going to guess removal of bedding or other items that evidence the crime, or washing stuff to remove evidence of the crime, something like that.

...and their blankies are gone because he buried them with them :( I've been distraught over Mollie's case since it started but this story took me down a dark road. I have two little kids around the same age. I feel worried and sick over this. Why, just why. Leave them, run away, divorce mom and start a new life....why this?

It’ll Be interesting to see what happens with that arm of his. By the way he held it so close to his body reminds me of how my kids held theirs when it was broken. Of course he couldn’t rush to the ER to fix his because that would raise all sorts of alarms.
Hope between his arm and the ghosts haunting him in that house, that he hasn’t had a good night sleep in days. Certainly won’t have any more sound sleeps where he’s heading.

I figured someone would hear something if he used a gun. I just wanted to think they went quickly. I don't know anything about guns and silencers...I just don't want to think about this anymore and I'm just a random person.

The poor family.

A military jet taking off with its afterburner on full blast. A jackhammer. A sandblaster. A freight train. What do these sounds all have in common? They’re significantly quieter than the sound of a gun being fired. Even one with a “silencer” attached to it

A gunshot’s sound has three components: the expulsion of explosive gases that propel a bullet out of the barrel of a gun, the sonic boom of a bullet breaking the sound barrier, and the sound of the gun’s action (the hammer or striker smacking the firing pin). All of those different components combine to make the deafening noise that is a gunshot.

A suppressor works by redistributing the flow of explosive gases triggered by the firing of a gun (the first sound component listed above). A suppressor cannot prevent the loud sonic crack created by a bullet exceeding the speed of sound. By redirecting the flow of gas that follows the projectile out of the barrel, a suppressor can slightly reduce (but not eliminate) the sound of a standard handgun or rifle being fired.

It’s NOT a silencer, it’s a suppressor. If you shoot a gun in a home with a suppressor (which are illegal to purchase in Colorado) close neighbors would likely still hear it.

Praying for Shannon's family. As a Mom and an Aunt, I find this absolutely horrific, no matter what troubles a family is going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member