GUILTY KY - Ryan Poston, 29, murdered at his Highland Heights home, 12 Oct 2012

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 56m56 minutes ago
#ShaynaHubers -

Medical examiner testimony: Was it safe to say Poston was alive for each of these shots, to a reasonable degree of medical certainty? Yes.

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 22m22 minutes ago

NOW on the stand in the #ShaynaHubers trial is Hubers' friend Christie Oyler. Olyer is reading text messages between her and Hubers.

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 21m21 minutes ago
#ShaynaHubers -

Text messages between Hubers and friend, Christie Oyler: Hubers: "He says he's only with me because when he breaks up, I cry and it makes me feel so awful about it. "That's F'd up." Oyler: "That's not good; at least he has some compassion."

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 20m20 minutes ago

#ShaynaHubers - Text messages between Hubers and friend, Christie Oyler: Hubers: "When I go to the shooting range with Ryan tonight, I want to turn around, shoot, kill him, and play like it's an accident."

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 10m10 minutes ago

#ShaynaHubers - Text messages between Hubers and friend, Christie Oyler Oyler: "There is a fine line between love and hate." Hubers:"My love has turned to hate," Hubers said.

"The gun is close enough that, in addition to the bullet, some bits of powder have also struck the skin," Wanger said. "And for a typical handgun, that distance from the muzzle to thr skin is under 2 feet."

The doctor added that all six bullets were recovered from Poston's body. There were no exit wounds.

The defense has argued that Poston was standing when he was shot. But Wanger testified how the shots show he was sitting at the dining room table.

Police testimony counters Shayna Huber's abuse claim

Aaron Keller Reports from the Shayna Hubers Retrial on Law & Crime Network 08/14/18

---

Shayna Hubers Retrial Prosecution Opening Statement Highlight 08/14/18

---

Shayna Hubers Retrial Defense Opening Statement Highlight 08/14/18

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shayna Hubers Retrial Defense Opening Statement Highlight 2 08/14/18

---

Aaron Keller Reports on Day 1 of the Shayna Hubers Retrial 08/15/18

---

Shayna Hubers Retrial Highland Heights Police Lt David Fornash Highlights 08/15/18

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uncut: Shayna Hubers talks upcoming trial, marriage request

May 23, 2018

"WCPO anchor Craig McKee spoke to Shayna Hubers, who awaits retrial in connection to the shooting death of boyfriend Ryan Poston, in her first such interview since her initial arrest. Hubers said she had filed for a marriage license with another inmate and was afraid they might be unfairly denied because of her notoriety in Campbell County."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dramatic testimony Wednesday in murder trial of Shayna Hubers (with clip)

Aug 15, 2018

"NEWPORT, Ky. —
Dramatic testimony unfolded Wednesday in the murder trail of Shayna Hubers as her good friend took the stand and told the jury about a foreboding message she received in the weeks before Hubers shot her boyfriend to death.

"When I go to the shooting range with Ryan tonight, I want to turn around, shoot and kill him and pretend it's an accident," Dr. Christy Olyer read from a court document containing the message she received from Hubers in early October 2012.

Olyer said she didn't take the message seriously at the time...."

Dramatic testimony Wednesday in murder trial of Shayna Hubers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shayna Hubers trial: 'Shoot and kill him and play like it's an accident,' she texted friend

Aug. 15, 2018

"On Day 2 of the retrial of Shayna Hubers jurors heard from an investigator who said Hubers' claims of a struggle with Ryan Poston didn't match what the police found at the scene....

Fornash's testimony was followed by Dr. Gregory Wanger, the medical examiner who did Poston's autopsy. Others who testified included a college friend of Hubers, Christie Oyler, and Amber Enswiler, a Northern Kentucky University Police Officer at the time of the shooting....

What to expect on Day 3: Lots more texts...

Campbell County Circuit Judge Daniel Zalla told jurors the trial would likely last until Aug. 28. The first trial lasted two weeks.

Proceeding are set to resume at 9 a.m. Thursday."

Shayna Hubers trial: 'Shoot and kill him and play like it's an accident,' she texted friend
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 51s51 seconds ago
#ShaynaHubers - Hubers sent this text to her friend: 'When I go to the shooting range with Ryan tonight, I want to turn around, shoot, kill him, and play like it's an accident.' The next day she sent her this photo. Hubers at the gun range, holding a gun.
DkuMnKIV4AA_3QZ.jpg

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 14m14 minutes ago

Firearms examiner Lawrence Pilcher testified this morning that gunshot residue surrounding 3 bullet holes indicates that the gun #ShaynaHubers fired was 6 to 30 inches -- an intermediate range -- from Ryan Poston's shirt. The 4th and 5th shirt bullet holes were inconclusive.

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 22m22 minutes ago

A very rainy day today at the #ShaynaHubers trial. We're on lunch break. Lots of forensic testimony this morning (gunshot residue; DNA; blood; etc.). Updates @LawCrimeNetwork @lawcrimenews.

Testimony on Day 3 of the retrial of Shayna Hubers resembled an episode of "Forensic Files" with jurors hearing testimony about DNA on shirts to markings on bullet fragments found during the autopsy.

Unlike the crime documentary series, the testimony from the four forensic scientists is not drilled down into a 30-minute segment.

Shayna Hubers retrial: Ryan Poston's blood found on Hubers' shirt, expert testifies

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 5m5 minutes ago
Ryan Poston's stepfather Peter Carter became emotional when he described Ryan changing his name to Ryan Carter Poston. "You don't have to do this for me. This is for you. I never asked him to do this. I accepted that, and so did his dad, because we raised him together."

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 4m4 minutes ago
Fighting back tears, Carter said Ryan described his family as a mom, three sisters, and two dads. Carter and Ryan's birth father both raised Ryan Poston. #ShaynaHubers

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 4m4 minutes ago
Peter Carter said Ryan planned to bring someone to Thanksgiving dinner in 2011. Everyone was together. Re: #ShaynaHubers, "she was just another person at dinner."

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 3m3 minutes ago
Peter Carter testified how Ryan Poston described the presence of #ShaynaHubers at Christmas Dinner in 2011: "She kind of showed up and she's got no place else to go right now."

Aaron Keller‏ @AKellerLawCrime 1m1 minute ago
Carter describing his final convo with Poston: He was happy about a date. He was excited to meet her. Ryan was cagey. You had to ask him everything. She's beautiful. She's tall. She's blonde. And, she's Miss Ohio. Oh! Big deal! Life's on a roll for him. #ShaynaHubers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back