Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what they said in the press conference three hours ago...
I hope they have actually laid eyes on the girls but I'm not sure this is actually any additional news.
I don't see an actual update anywhere saying that they have FOUND the girls...
This article states it a little differently.

Authorities say bodies believed to be a pregnant woman and her two young children were found on the property of one of Colorado’s largest oil and gas drillers where her husband used to work.

The Latest: Bodies of Colorado family found on oil property

A couple of questions for the seasoned sleuthers: 1). In cases where the husband kills the wife/kids, is there typically DV in the home first, or can it come out of the blue and he just snaps? 2). A bunch of you said you knew he was going to confess after seeing his interview. Just curious what you observed/heard when watching that tipped you off . Like a lot of people I suspected he was lying but nothing hinted to me he would confess soon. I’m impressed.
Generally, IMO, these guys have a fractured book of morals.
They never learned how to be a decent human being. Often
they marry someone who's the exact opposite. Someone who's
caring, kind, truly a good person. It's almost like the good spouse lifts the bad spouse up onto a higher plane.
I believe he was a SOB his whole life. Probably selfish, abusive,
and unkind to the little girls. I don't believe they 'suddenly'
become a monster, but that the monster was always there but
just kept controlled somewhat.

One thing that I don't think has been brought up yet (although I could have missed it when skimming) is that he was in charge of the girls during SW's work trip after not being around them for 6 weeks. I wonder if having to take care of them all on his own hours at a time was overwhelming. Not that this would be any kind of an excuse, but he could have lost it on one of them and planned the other two deaths following.

editing to add: the other THREE deaths! :(

Last edited:
Holy cow that facebook post with the doll! She would have been home in between trips, right? She never fully explained it but insinuated the girls did that. Think the husband sent her that pic at some point?

This has been bugging me, too. Is there some truth to this, i.e., did they argue, or is he fabricating a story as part of alluding to her taking off with the kids?

Did he lie in wait and ambush her the minute she came home, or was there some prolonged ‘emotional conversation’?

I wonder if we’ll ever find out.

I'm going with the latter. It looks like I'm alone on this and really sorry if I'm just repeating myself but, if the poor children were already dead and out of the house, the first question from her coming home had to be: "Where are the kids?"

So instead of an ambush, I suspect he killed her after a fight (leading to his damaged arm).

Your family is dead, you don't know all the questions that are going to be thrown at you, especially from reporters. How can you prepare for everything, especially under intense scrutiny? What does the media know? What do authorities know? He couldn't have known and planned that thoroughly, IMO.

I hate to try to put myself in his shoes but I just wouldn't draw attention to anything suspicious and call a murder an "emotional conversation" when my family is dead and I did it.

Holy cow that facebook post with the doll! She would have been home in between trips, right? She never fully explained it but insinuated the girls did that. Think the husband sent her that pic at some point?
I wondered the same.

Did you all notice how much HE has changed in the past few years? He was much heavier, and now, buff and muscular. I think he was on a mission for a mistress, or trying to compete with her.

I think a lot of people are reading too much into the Facebook post. Kids do stuff like that while playing. They have no idea what it looks like to adults. I have a daughter close to their ages and wouldn't be surprised if she did the same thing.

It's nothing and only looks creepy because of what happened.

Did you all notice how much HE has changed in the past few years? He was much heavier, and now, buff and muscular. I think he was on a mission for a mistress, or trying to compete with her.
Yes and on the fb video of the third pregnancy announcement he didn't seem very pleased. Wonder if he knew it was a boy?

I'm just watching the helicopter from
That place if flat and open. Where did he put the bodies??? In one of those oil drums? But are they even accessible? There's like nothing, IMO, for hiding bodies! And how was he going to answer WHY the bodies were at his workplace when they were found?

I don't know if this was planned or not, but I am grateful he is stupid!

That is the way I am reading it too. and were trying to recover what they believe are the bodies of 4-year-old Bella and 3-year-old Celeste from Anadarko Petroleum Corp. property.

Sorry to be so grim :

What the hell did he do to the bodies of his children ?
That wording seems to imply they were buried in a suitcase, or something more sinister.
Did he have access to any heavy equipment at his workplace ?
Are they buried deep in the ground ?

I wouldn't put anything past him at this point.

As far as motive : Life Ins. ?
Affair ?
Possibility of Divorce , due to abuse of her and/or the girls ?
Thrill kill ?

I don't think he planned it. I think he snapped on the girls while Shanann was away. Then decided that he "had" to kill them all. So 1 or 2 were "planned" but the first was not.

We won't know until later on. Kudos to his dad for convincing him to confess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken