Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighbors just said that Shannan felt chris might be cheating on her, but she said “maybe not, because he has no game”.

Not a neighbor--close friend Amanda

Those friends, Nicholas and Amanda Thayer, told Denver7 Thursday they were horrified they let him stay in their home and apologized for backing Watts. Thayer said she had been told last week by Shanann that she had concerns of infidelity on Chris’ behalf.

“She said that it came to her mind that possibly he could be cheating but at the same time, she was like, you know, he has no game,” Thayer said.

Chris Watts case: Everything we know so far about the alleged murders of his wife, daughters

OK, I'm going to try and find it but there was a Daily Mail article that had bulletpoints below the headline. One of those said that both CW and Shanann were arrested several times in NC before moving to Colorado. Does anyone know what those arrests were for? The article never mentioned the arrests again.
I originally thought so too but in looking further at the actual arrest records, it was someone with the same legal name but a much different year of birth. So not related to this crime.

“You never know what goes on behind closed doors” seems like it’s becomming “you never know what goes on behind SM”.
When you add in the facade of using SM as a marketing tool too, that does not bode well for anyone with a problem with DV in whatever form it’s taking. The world sees a “story book family” and the people who are at risk are even more vulnerable. SM probably added to, aided and abetted that facade for the friends that had CV in their home.
Moo
That all being said thank goodness for SW’s brave friend who went to bat for her this week!

I think it's a little more than that. If you look through her facebook, he's also losing weight; she took pictures of his progress. A lot of men who kill like this it's because they start to get attention, feel sexy again, and the realization that he has two kids and one on the way.... For some reason, it seems that killing is easier than divorce.

My two cents anyway..

Here’s my thing and I’m definitely no expert sleuther so I’m genuinely asking. Was he actually abusive? Has this been confirmed? Sure, they obviously had secrets, but no inkling from any friends or family prior to this? No warning signs? Surely there were, right? Can someone actually just snap in a rage and kill everyone they love? No way right? I’m a social worker so all I think is “mental illness, mental illness, mental illness...” But where were the red flags? Did he grow up with issues in his child hood? Had he been in therapy? Was he medicated? Did his dad get him to confess because he knew this was expected of his son? Why no other incidents until now, or have they just not come out yet? He definitely had the Colorado and Thrive groups fooled. They seem absolutely shocked and have reported him as a sweet guy who always kissed Shanann and loved on his girls. Can’t wrap my head around it.

I couldn't focus all of my attention while listening to this, but here's what I got out of it (I do not speak legalese though, just so you know;)):
  1. Formal charges to be filed by 3:30 pm Monday 8/20
  2. Hearing on Tuesday 8/21 at 10 am to advise CW of formal charges
  3. Order for preservation of evidence - FBI, CBI and local LE handwritten notes
  4. No autopsy(ies) scheduled at this point and prosecution unsure of when that will happen
  5. Defense has a copy of the affidavit despite it being sealed from the public
  6. Discussion of DNA Motion - Prosecution has concerns about wording; most of what is asked for regarding the autopsy is standard, but concerned about how it is phrased in that it orders collection of DNA from certain areas of the bodies that at this point they don't even have
  7. Motion for Protection Order - for nobody to speak to Mr. Watts other than attorneys or investigators
  8. At the request of the defense, the court orders the prosecution to give the defense 48 hours notice of if/when an autopsy is scheduled

Last edited:
If she were planning on leaving my bet is the friend's home is where she was going. He caught wind of it before she got home and back to her kids....

This is why her friend was so in tune to the red flags!

New details at Thursday afternoon court hearing
At a 2:30 p.m. bond hearing, Weld County prosecutors said they believe Shanann and the girls were killed inside of the family’s home but did not say why they believe that. Prosecutors have a 3:30 p.m. Monday deadline to file charges, and Watts will learn what formal charges he might face at a 10:30 a.m. Tuesday court hearing. Watts will be held without bond pending his next court appearance.
Chris Watts case: Everything we know so far about the alleged murders of his wife, daughters

Why are the defense asking for 48hrs notice before the autopsy? Surely the coroner won't have to wait and can start the autopsies as soon as the bodies are recovered.
Also the defence lawyer says something to the judge like "can we have advance notice of autopsies so the defense can file motions, you can understand why we would want to do that" Makes me wonder what horrors an autopsy will throw up.

The audacity of requesting 48 hours notice. This defense attorney seems quite enthralled with having this hi-profile case to defend. They’re seemingly quite concerned also with the preservation of touch and trace DNA which could turn out to be exculpatory. Puh-lease.

See where this is headed? I find such massive concern with this mans “rights” nauseating. And he just sits there all entitled-looking. Ugh.

I think it's a little more than that. If you look through her facebook, he's also losing weight; she took pictures of his progress. A lot of men who kill like this it's because they start to get attention, feel sexy again, and the realization that he has two kids and one on the way.... For some reason, it seems that killing is easier than divorce.

My two cents anyway..

Someone posted an article that claimed that SW was talking about leaving CW. If that is true, sometimes these guys get a sort of, “If I can’t have you, nobody can” attitude and they snap. I have heard it in several different cases....wife was about to leave the marriage, and guy goes nuts and kills everyone. More often it’s murder-suicide, but still, same idea.

Another theory could just be like others said...he could have snapped while she was away...got sick of the girls crying or whining, and killed them in a fit of anger. And then when the wife got home, she could have obviously flipped her lid, and he killed her too.

The lack of emotion shows that whatever the motive was, he had major problems deep inside, and for a pretty long time, to be able to do something like this.

Timeline surrounding disappearance: what we know
Frederick police on Wednesday confirmed some of the details surrounding Shanann’s disappearance that neighbors, friends and family have been talking about since Monday.

A friend of Shanann’s dropped her off at her home in Frederick around 2 a.m. Monday. She had been in Arizona on a work trip. But much of what we have learned about what happened afterward comes from an interview with Chris Watts himself, who has been arrested in his family’s deaths despite his claims he knew nothing about where they had gone.

He claimed that he last saw Shanann around 5:15 a.m. Monday when he left home. He told Denver7 that Shanann’s friend showed up to his door just after noon that day wondering where she and the girls were.

Police confirmed that the woman went to the home after Shanann missed a doctor’s appointment and that she first reported Shanann and her daughters missing. Officers went to the home on a welfare check around 1:40 p.m. Monday and confirmed that the three were missing and that Shanann’s phone keys and purse were all left at the home.

The FBI and CBI joined the investigation Tuesday

Someone posted an article that claimed that SW was talking about leaving CW. If that is true, sometimes these guys get a sort of, “If I can’t have you, nobody can” attitude and they snap. I have heard it in several different cases....wife was about to leave the marriage, and guy goes nuts and kills everyone. More often it’s murder-suicide, but still, same idea.

Another theory could just be like others said...he could have snapped while she was away...got sick of the girls crying or whining, and killed them in a fit of anger. And then when the wife got home, she could have obviously flipped her lid, and he killed her too.

The lack of emotion shows that whatever the motive was, he had major problems deep inside, and for a pretty long time, to be able to do something like this.
He fooled me too. His body language was suspect, with the arms folded, and his words were out of place, but his voice seemed calm. I guess that's how killers are. Even when faced with millions of people watching your interview, they're completely calm

We pretty much were all on this guy since the beginning. Some had hopes of her running away, but there was no evidence of that. That fb post from SW talking about how much she cleaned and worked so hard when she got home. I know from personal experience, posts like that are more about complaining than uplifting. She cleaned everything for 4 hours and then had a huge argument with CW, the "calm one" who snapped because he was embarrassed about being yelled at by a woman. Even the girls warned her. They appeared to have some premonition of what was going to happen. Or maybe he communicated his evil thoughts to them at some point. But no matter how much you hate your spouse, how can you murder your children? I just hope the kids went quickly and didn't know what happened.

That's an interesting point of view about the girls warning her.

Some might discount such an idea. The kids were just "playing". But that sort of concept is echoed in psychology quite a bit in different contexts. What children feel intuitively and their use of symbolism to express those feelings, can be extraordinarily important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member