Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to MassGuy's post yesterday and I can't get past it:

That circumstances being so ideal for a random perp to have done this makes a random perp all the more unlikely.

Her boyfriend being out of town that night could very well be key to this, IMO, and I don't mean in the sense that he had anything to do with it. Just that someone knew that and acted accordingly.

JMO.

I'm wondering if MT had altered her usual routines that afternoon / evening when she was alone at the house. Did MT always do something additional or differently when she was alone at either DJ's or her mother's house?

If someone was aware MT would be alone that evening it might seem too obvious they could be found out. How many people would that include? Occasional acquaintances? Friends? Friends of friends? You'd figure it would have to be someone familiar to not only DJ but also to MT.

Of course, a coincidence is just that: a coincidence.

SPECULATION follows:

Maybe MT's abduction was not about MT at all, maybe it was about DJ or her immediate family. Does DJ or her family members have any enemies? A jealous acquaintance or friend? This possibility could pull in many directions.

Can someone confirm that the property that was being searched about 2 weeks ago where WC lives is in Deep River? That's all I need to know, nothing more specific than that. <modsnipped baiting>Has nothing to do with WC either.

Near 80 and Guernsey would be... Not sure how large the acreage is though

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone confirm that the property that was being searched about 2 weeks ago where WC lives is in Deep River? That's all I need to know, nothing more specific than that. It's pretty important to a tip I'm about to send in. Has nothing to do with WC either.
He is the deed holder to two parcels of land in Deep River. Whether that is where they searched exactly...IDK and not sure anyone here knows for sure?

@otto I am trying to understand what you meant in the post you made on the issue of no communication "Since police have said that there is no communication from Mollie after she went jogging, we know that she did not return home and use her computer to access her online course". Don't you think its possible that LE was referring to 'communication' to mean verbal or text or email rather than online coursework? Why would you think that 'communication' was meant to include coursework online?

In a prior thread we went back and forth quite a bit discussing the ins-outs of the various online platforms and it seemed like with the platform MT had at Iowa that she could have logged in earlier and the system might not have logged her out. I understand that you are making a very definitive statement/drawing a conclusion about MT not arriving home again based on LE making only a general statement about 'no communication'. We had statement from the family in the early days of this saga that they had looked at history logs and it seemed like she had been working after the jog. I don't think we really know what LE meant when it said 'no communication' so I'm trying to understand how you thought about this entire statement from LE and why you felt the online coursework would fall under the LE use of the word 'communication'? Fine point, maybe or maybe not?!!

My point is that in order to make the statement you are making that a number of assumptions had to be made about what LE meant when it said 'no communication' and I'm not sure LE has confirmed any of those assumptions to the public yet. I think this is one of the reasons why we are still dancing around how what happened did in fact happen. In contrast to your more broad interpretation of the use of the word 'communication', I used a narrower interpretation of 'communiation' to then assume she might have been doing schoolwork after the jog.

I interpret the word "communication" to mean all forms of communication, which include conversations, phone calls, text messages, emails (which traditionally use a computer), social media apps (such as WhatsApp), and other computer or digital communications. I don't think "communication" means coursework, I think communication includes the use of a digital device such as a cell phone (essentially a portable computer) and a computer.

Logging into an online course means creating an open communication between a personal device, such as a cell phone, ipad, tablet, laptop, etc. and the local server at the university (or other learning institution). Why would we assume that no communication means no cell phone, no conversation, no ipad, no text message, but it would exclude logging into her personal university account?

I have never read anything about the family looking at computer history logs and determining that she was or was not logged into her online course on July 18.

I understand that even though police have stated that there was no credible communication with Mollie after she went jogging, some people choose to believe that she was still texting, making phone calls, logging into her personal account at her university, or emailing. I have a different opinion.

Can someone confirm that the property that was being searched about 2 weeks ago where WC lives is in Deep River? That's all I need to know, nothing more specific than that. It's pretty important to a tip I'm about to send in. Has nothing to do with WC either.
WC’s property that was search is not considered to be in Deep River.

deleted

Last edited:
I interpret the word "communication" to mean all forms of communication, which include conversations, phone calls, text messages, emails (which traditionally use a computer), social media apps (such as WhatsApp), and other computer or digital communications. I don't think "communication" means coursework, I think communication includes the use of a digital device such as a cell phone (essentially a portable computer) and a computer.

Logging into an online course means creating an open communication between a personal device, such as a cell phone, ipad, tablet, laptop, etc. and the local server at the university (or other learning institution). Why would we assume that no communication means no cell phone, no conversation, no ipad, no text message, but it would exclude logging into her personal university account?

I have never read anything about the family looking at computer history logs and determining that she was or was not logged into her online course on July 18.

I understand that even though police have stated that there was no credible communication with Mollie after she went jogging, some people choose to believe that she was still texting, making phone calls, logging into her personal account at her university, or emailing. I have a different opinion.
IMO, the type of communication they are referring to is between two or more persons (phone calls, text, email, etc.). If they were referring to doing homework by logging into a server at college, I would see that as digital footprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd