Identified! AR - El Dorado, Whitehall Motel, WhtFem 18-21, 81UFAR, Jul'91 - #3 - Kelly from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a matter of fact, I think EDJD had used up her strikes having been to jail several times under the name of Cheryl Wick.
If she had just purchased a bus ticket and was changing her looks somewhat I think she was fixing to take off and change her identity again. I think James McAlphin knew it too.

It was Rockland District Highschool in Rockland, Maine. Kelly M. Carr.

I remember I found other photos of her on classmates and her teeth were perfect, which wouldn't match EDJD's photos of her teeth.
I found Kelly, as of April 2017 she was alive and well on Facebook. Good to check it off the list though.

I've always wondered how hard it is to get a fake/new ID? When I lost my driver's license I'm pretty sure I had to bring my SS card and Birth Certificate to get a new one. So does this mean EDJD had Cheryl's SS card and BC? I can't remember if this has already been discussed... I just know nowadays it's hard enough to get a new DV when you ARE the person, much less trying to fake an identity. Were guidelines less strict back then?

I've always wondered how hard it is to get a fake/new ID? When I lost my driver's license I'm pretty sure I had to bring my SS card and Birth Certificate to get a new one. So does this mean EDJD had Cheryl's SS card and BC? I can't remember if this has already been discussed... I just know nowadays it's hard enough to get a new DV when you ARE the person, much less trying to fake an identity. Were guidelines less strict back then?

I don't know about today, but in 1990 a new fake driver's license was something you could get for a hundred dollars or so just by asking around. Somebody else's stolen license would cost a bit more and would typically not be sold in the area where it's stolen (because of likelihood of crossing paths with the original license holder). There was a guy at the gym where I worked out who could put you in touch with that sort of thing.

Does anyone think this could be a possibility? Michelle Quintana. I do not see her on the rule out list or Namus, just the Doe Network. There are no stats other than her age. She was 23 in 1987.
You would think someone could produce a better picture. She was a realtor, and realtors are notorious for slapping their picture on just about everything. You probably see more pictures of them than in any other business. One thing I did notice was she seems to have the long fingers just like EDJD. Anyways here are some links with a little info.

The Doe Network: Case File 1856DFNM

A decade of fear: Women who were killed or went missing in Santa Fe during the 1980s

Does anyone think this could be a possibility? Michelle Quintana. I do not see her on the rule out list or Namus, just the Doe Network. There are no stats other than her age. She was 23 in 1987.
You would think someone could produce a better picture. She was a realtor, and realtors are notorious for slapping their picture on just about everything. You probably see more pictures of them than in any other business. One thing I did notice was she seems to have the long fingers just like EDJD. Anyways here are some links with a little info.

A decade of fear: Women who were killed or went missing in Santa Fe during the 1980s

Ok, I searched for this missing person last night at the Charley Project and didn't get anything, but now Iam. According to these stats, 5' 6" and brown eyes, Michelle Quintana can be ruled out.

Michelle Quintana – The Charley Project

yes , WAY easier in Arkansas my first DL there which was around 85 or 86 I had social and they asked me for a piece of mail addressed to me as my Birth Cert. was a hospital copy with the feet not the official from the Vital Statics dept

This and The Sumter County Doe's case are the two I've been down the rabbit hole the most. I do think Anita Qvist resembles EDJD. So little info about Anita... Is there any idea when the DNA tests will be back?

This and The Sumter County Doe's case are the two I've been down the rabbit hole the most. I do think Anita Qvist resembles EDJD. So little info about Anita... Is there any idea when the DNA tests will be back?
Do we have a backstory on Anita other than being a runaway in 1979? It sounds like there was a lot of turmoil—she run aways, her mother dies a few years later. How did her mother die? I noticed her brother and father died on the same day exactly 20 years apart. Both EDJD and Anita have puzzled me like no other cases recently. EDJD because so much is known including pictures and yet we have a half dozen possible names and it could be one of those or none. Her story is full of mystery and intrigue and heartbreak and I can't imagine how a young woman with so much info, can still be nameless after all this time. Anita is different, I don't see a physical resemblence but I see how one story could merge with the other's and how easy Anita could be EDJD. EDJD was smart, she managed to fool so many people with her identity switches and new stories for everyone she met. You have to be smart to keep all those stories straight. What went wrong in her life that she ended up in such dire straits?

The Woman With Many Faces: Who Was El Dorado Jane Doe?

The writer incorrectly listed the wrong state in the article should be AR not LA.

She was tall and blonde and in photos, she was a pretty woman whose hard life was just beginning to tell in her skin, in a certain strain around her eyes. The woman had danced in clubs as Mercedes. She’d acquired the social security card and an ID in the name of Cheryl Ann Wick. But the real Cheryl Ann Wick was surprised: While she’d been a dancer herself, the genuine Wick said she never knew “Mercedes.”

That’s the thing. No one did. The woman who would end up dead in the motel told different stories to everyone. She gave other names: Kelly Lee Carr, Shannon Wiley, Cheryl Kaufman and Sharon Wiley. And none of them were really hers.

The Woman With Many Faces: Who Was El Dorado Jane Doe?
The writer incorrectly listed the wrong state in the article should be AR not LA.

She was tall and blonde and in photos, she was a pretty woman whose hard life was just beginning to tell in her skin, in a certain strain around her eyes. The woman had danced in clubs as Mercedes. She’d acquired the social security card and an ID in the name of Cheryl Ann Wick. But the real Cheryl Ann Wick was surprised: While she’d been a dancer herself, the genuine Wick said she never knew “Mercedes.”

That’s the thing. No one did. The woman who would end up dead in the motel told different stories to everyone. She gave other names: Kelly Lee Carr, Shannon Wiley, Cheryl Kaufman and Sharon Wiley. And none of them were really hers.

BBM. I don't recall reading that the real Cheryl Ann Wick had been a dancer. Is that new info or did we know that already? Seems pretty significant IMO. EDJD might have danced in the same club as CAW, but perhaps they never met. Maybe EDJD didn't stay long at that job, maybe she lifted CAW's ID and moved on. Or maybe someone else who worked where CAW danced had access to the dancer's ids and got it for EDJD to use illegally. It could have been a "friend" of EDJD and an isolated theft of ID or it could have been a bigger illegal side operation where EDJD was one of many girls being exploited/trafficked to another state... Just a theory....

BBM. I don't recall reading that the real Cheryl Ann Wick had been a dancer. Is that new info or did we know that already? Seems pretty significant IMO. EDJD might have danced in the same club as CAW, but perhaps they never met. ...

It’s not new info and I thought I read that they had worked in the same club? I think they knew each other and CAW sold EDJD the id. Just my opinion.

It’s not new info and I thought I read that they had worked in the same club? I think they knew each other and CAW sold EDJD the id. Just my opinion.

Thanks Sunny. That's totally possible, I agree. Perhaps the real CAW doesn't want to get in trouble for selling her ID. If she knows EDJD's real name I wish she would send in an anonymous tip. But maybe EDJD didn't tell CAW the truth either... :(

I feel like this is her. Kimberly Ann. Missing since 1985 st john Brunswick

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-03-21-15-34.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-03-21-15-34.png
    363.7 KB · Views: 65
She looks a lot like this young woman

Attachments

• CF59E222-A20C-4B1B-89C3-434C56CCCD64.png
    CF59E222-A20C-4B1B-89C3-434C56CCCD64.png
    327 KB · Views: 77
I think about you a lot, EDJD. I know it's weird, you never knew me, nor could you have! I wasn't even born yet when you met your fate but I feel like maybe I met you in that in between. I've always thought the space of death and not being born yet are the same, maybe you shared a little wisdom with me while you passed through. I hope to know your name someday, I think you deserve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!