Man reported missing by partner found days later with his new wife

doodles1211

Reaction score
G4UUSZ54SRDTRHXDMIQCUKOKIU.jpg

"A man in Scotland was reported missing by his partner of 27 years only to be found in the US days later, with his new wife.

Malcolm McGregor disappeared from the home he shared in Scotland with his childhood sweetheart Cheryl Cowie, last month.

Cowie reported him missing and a police hunt began to try to locate the 38-year-old and return him safe and sound to his partner and the couple's two children.

However, that wasn't to happen."

Continues at: Man reported missing by partner found days later with his new wife

Yeah everyone on her FB is congratulating her as of a couple of weeks ago - I bet they didn't know about his antics.

Ah well, the only thing you get when you take a man from his wife, is a man who cheats on his wife. I imagine he'll try to get back with the Mom of his two children after the newness wears off, LOL

I urge everyone to slow down before making such callous and uninformed accusations and assumptions.

We have absolutely no idea what caused this guy to leave. We only know what the MSM is reporting which is never the full (or even accurate) story.

Without the full story, we on this website are supposed to analyze the information that does exist and put forward theories. Not use our own personal opinions and biases to jump to conclusions.

As the popularity of WebSlueths grows, so to does our responsibility to remain diligent and impartial. It is patently obvious that this site has no desire to foster wild conjecture and emotionally charged accusations.

Please, stick to the facts and don't allow you're own bias interfere with your ability to analyze the facts.

This reminds me of a case on Websleuths some years ago. A woman reported her husband missing, accused a car rental company of killing him, wouldn't believe the police when they said he was OK, wouldn't believe her daughter who had a call from the husband asking her to tell her mother to get a divorce, etc. Turns out, he'd left her and she refused to believe it. Perhaps this is a similar case? She just refused to accept that the relationship was over? It would be interesting to hear his side of the story.

I urge everyone to slow down before making such callous and uninformed accusations and assumptions.

We have absolutely no idea what caused this guy to leave. We only know what the MSM is reporting which is never the full (or even accurate) story.

Without the full story, we on this website are supposed to analyze the information that does exist and put forward theories. Not use our own personal opinions and biases to jump to conclusions.

As the popularity of WebSlueths grows, so to does our responsibility to remain diligent and impartial. It is patently obvious that this site has no desire to foster wild conjecture and emotionally charged accusations.

Please, stick to the facts and don't allow you're own bias interfere with your ability to analyze the facts.

I appreciate your sentiments in that WSer's and others should analyse info before commenting but, in this case, there seems little more to know. Some cases are like that imo.

This guy did not seem to give notice to his long term live-in partner (27 years) and mother of his 2 children that he wanted to leave - why else would she have reported him missing?
Then he turns up married to someone else a short time later in another country no less. The first woman should have known he intended not to return to their shared home - and he is the one to break that news to her.

I don't find myself in need of more info - regardless of what the first relationship was like or what problems might have existed. He caused LE to use resources to find him in order to be sure he was OK.

So yeah, what a jerk.

"Why else would she have reported him missing?"

For the same reasons that killers report their victims missing. Additionally, it's not uncommon for spouses to report their significant other missing when they in fact left and the reporting spouse cannot bring themselves to accept this.

"The first woman should have known he intended not to return to their shared home".

And why exactly is this? You are making an assumption based on no fact. By your logic, the woman should have never reported him missing because she "should have known".

"I don't find myself in need of more info - regardless of what the first relationship was like or what problems might have existed. He caused LE to use resources to find him in order to be sure he was OK. So yeah, what a jerk".

Just because you dont think you need more info doesnt mean you don't. Again, you are formulating OPINIONS that are not based in fact but are instead based in speculation. Additionally, the man didn't call LE. The wife did. Therefore, she is responsible for any and all initiation of law enforcement efforts.

At the very least, ensure you don't pass off your personal opinion as a matter of fact. This is the very reason that others are ripping WebSlueths to shreds. We must be responsible for our own posts and it's common knowledge that this site is not intended for your personal opinions and biased accusations.

You mean the fact that this guy left his wife and kids to marry some other woman in a country thousands of miles away meanwhile having not informed anyone of this fact and wasting LE time? Yeah, I'm good with judging him thanks.

"Why else would she have reported him missing?"

For the same reasons that killers report their victims missing. Additionally, it's not uncommon for spouses to report their significant other missing when they in fact left and the reporting spouse cannot bring themselves to accept this.

"The first woman should have known he intended not to return to their shared home".

And why exactly is this? You are making an assumption based on no fact. By your logic, the woman should have never reported him missing because she "should have known".

"I don't find myself in need of more info - regardless of what the first relationship was like or what problems might have existed. He caused LE to use resources to find him in order to be sure he was OK. So yeah, what a jerk".

Just because you dont think you need more info doesnt mean you don't. Again, you are formulating OPINIONS that are not based in fact but are instead based in speculation. Additionally, the man didn't call LE. The wife did. Therefore, she is responsible for any and all initiation of law enforcement efforts.

At the very least, ensure you don't pass off your personal opinion as a matter of fact. This is the very reason that others are ripping WebSlueths to shreds. We must be responsible for our own posts and it's common knowledge that this site is not intended for your personal opinions and biased accusations.

No. He is responsible for for any and all law enforcement activity to find him. He left.

Are you serious? I find your posts both condescending and rude. We are to go by the facts, as you say, and the facts are that he left his entire family and told no one. You are asking us to not form opinions and go by the facts... well, what other facts are there? Until someone comes out in MSM or by word of LE that she knew he was leaving and just couldn't accept it, we can't go off of that just because you want us to.

JC.

Do as you please. Point of the matter remains. People are literally going after the guy without knowing a single bit of information regarding his departure.

And no, the person that leaves is not responsible for law enforcement efforts. Hence why most police departments won't accept a missing person case for a certain amount of time. Because there is nothing illegal with disappearing (so long as you don't make yourself a fugitive) no matter the moral and ethical implications of that decision may be.

I apologize that you feel the way you do about my stated opinion. Nonetheless, I choose to deal with facts and not conjecture. My involvement in thousands of criminal investigations has taught me to let the facts and evidence tell the story.

It is baseless accusations and jumping to conclusions that can destroy a person's life before any facts are known (I have witnessed it first hand). And of course no one steps up to retract their statements just as vocally as they were when they were casting judgement.

Feel free to go by whatever "facts" you choose. I simply request that people refrain from making insulting and defamatory PUBLICLY available comments about someone who they didn't even know existed until a few days ago before knowing what is going on.

IMHO, I believe her and think he's a JERK.

moo, of course

:D:p;)

Now if we are going to state personal opinions, I must say that at least the moron had enough sense to cross an entire ocean. I can only imagine the wrath I'm sure this man will feel should he ever cross that poor ladies path.

So all in all, yeah, I very personally agree that if the info being reported is accurate, this guy definitely isn't the pick of the litter.

On the other hand, his "legitimate" wife and kids are likely to be much better off without someone who can so flippantly disregard them, in their lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back