Found Deceased VA - Richard Schumacher, 69, Bland County, 30 Jul 2018

im actually trying to google that info right now and I cant come up with an answer about cameras along the route and who they would belong to.. Im wondering if this is a myth I've been told told my entire adult life now.. I'll keep trying to search it out..

im actually trying to google that info right now and I cant come up with an answer about cameras along the route and who they would belong to.. Im wondering if this is a myth I've been told told my entire adult life now.. I'll keep trying to search it out..
They may be private? I just looked on the Virginia 511 website to see if VDOT had cameras along the route and none show up.

Ok...here's what I have found out. The road is called "Back of the Dragon" (in a take off of the Tail of the Dragon in Tennenssee). I could not find any evidence of any photographers that stake out the road and take pics to sell, like in TN. There's a big hotel at the start of the route - I think it was the Genenal Francis Marion (didn't write it down... Locals, correct me if I'm wrong.). I called and talked to guest services and asked about the "tourist" cameras that take pics of people riding/driving the "back" and if she knew if that existed. She said she'd never heard of that, and never seen anything like that all the times she's driven the road.
On the TN road, there are about 5 "booths" w/ awnings where the photographers hang out to take pics in the 11 miles of the road... Their booths have their web sites plainly written so people know where to go look for their pics. Based on what she said, sounds like this road does not have that. :(

I cant understand why the local news agencies havent picked this up and ran with it.. WVVA or WDBJ, local radio stations? Nothing..

Just heard... he was found today.. on Rt 52 between the town of Bland and the Brushy Mountain Outpost... apparently down over the embankment.. that's the thing the community is being told. So sad that this ended this way.. No news stories I can find yet. :(

The story went the highway department was spraying weeds and found him... the road was closed for a food bit while they made the recovery. The phone pinging still has me very perplexed.. theres still a few unanswered questions. I just hate this was the outcome.

Local newspaper just released article re: finding him. Body of Missing Motorcyclist Found in Bland
Anyone technologically savvy regarding cell phones & how one would ping off a tower 30 miles away?
From what I understand they are not 100% accurate. Something about when one tower bounces the signal off to another...That is why they are fought so hard against in court. But, it could also be true that someone either saw the accident or found him and stole his phone. Morals have gone to the wayside in this day and age, so you never know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back