Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it doesn't say she's actually going to run a marathon or that she's training for one. If her boyfriend said her runs are 45 minutes normally, I'd go with that (MOO). I believe he's giving the most accurate info.

You can run 45 minutes on weekdays and train for marathons, full or half. Most runners I know do it that way. That is how runners who work get it done.

Last edited:
That's actually just a big loop that ends with her running straight up the highway, which has a very narrow shoulder and a speed limit of 45mph. I don't see anyone, particularly someone with asthma, running along the narrow shoulder of a highway.

Do we know the severity of her asthma tho? I'm considered "asthmatic", yet still play sports (rollerderby - very physical) with no problem. My flare ups are usually derived from a chest cold. I only use my inhalers during a chest cold bout. Maybe Mollie is a mild case too? Dr's even recommend staying active to keep weaker lungs stronger.

MOO

In the case I detailed earlier about how they caught Nathaniel White, they never warned the public, even though he had just murdered seven women after just being released from jail. He was on the loose for quite a while, there was a massive search for him and I don't remember them warning us at all. Two bodies were found in an abandoned house about a mile away from where I lived in a small town, but we didn't even here about that. Not till they arrested him about a week later.
WS needs a dislike button for this.

bbm

Yes I see your point, it is a large area...but they have stated that there is no danger to the public. I would disagree with that if in case the same person has accomplished both of there abductions (and murder in the case of Evansdale). I'm using that thought to question a connection. No one even knows if Mollie has been harmed.

Can you provide a link to an article that includes a quote from LE stating "there is no danger"?

I agree, we do not know if MT has been harmed but given what we've been told about MT, the situation and the odds it is more likely now than it was two weeks ago that MT has met harm.

During the video, @SharonNeedles reported that locals would possibly take that road to Grinnell. He also suggested that Mollie would likely not run there as it was dirt, gravel and had some pot holes. It runs into Historic 6 and goes directly to Grinnell, and also runs past her boyfriend's house the other direction.
Her two CLOSE friends clearly saw her. Only one said the time was iffy. Definitely seen on gravel and husband and wife saw her running past the funeral home a little after 5:30 headed East. Also a person (I won’t name) saw her running in a pink sports bra, not sure of time, on Pershing headed East right in front of (insert names house) I do not recognize the name of the house she said but it seems like he’s a friend maybe? Or they know him cause they said first and last name in the post. Also, why is it that someone has now hidden her timeline on FB from May 10 to July 18? Do you think there was something or someone posting or? That they don’t want the public to see now?

I think she was either going to get the car if she was planning on going there for dinner, or if not, her brother was planning on picking her up if she wasn't. In the beginning, it was stated in an article that her brother texted her to see if she still needed a ride to work. In another article it appeared as " he texted her to see if she needed a ride home. " So 2 articles saying different things, but, in another interview it was stated that the brother saw that the car was there in the morning and then sent the text. That's why I think it was referring to that morning and getting TO work. Mollie had a licence, but didn't like to drive and her dad stated she wasn't a good driver.
Getting caught up—but it could be that he asked about needing a ride home because he assumed she had a ride to work figured out. I brought this up early on. I remember it because there was a comment about how she already would have been at work by the time he texted her (so the ride home made sense). Except then I think I read he texted her at 730 and her boss said she didn’t have to be there until 8 so IDK.

Video from Fox News digital that is being discussed by Gray Hughes.
At around 9:34 mark, talks about Mollie.
At around 9:51 about "but her rooms a mess, and she can't drive...and so"
BBM

We know she could drive because she and her brother shared a car.

A video where Mollie says that she cannot drive needs a date, and the context has to be that she does not have a driver's license.

BBM
He doesn't mean this literally and is IMO trying to humanize/personalize some of the individual quirks of MT to those of use that don't know her IMO as we have quite a bit of evidence that she does in fact drive. He is just saying she isn't a good/great driver. If you look at the rest of the article he goes on to say that she is not 'Saint Mollie' but that the family loves her anyway. He was attempting to make her seem just like any other person that does some things well (he lists a bunch of things she did well) and some things she wasn't so good at (driving and keeping her room neat). Mollie can drive. The quote from People Magazine was virtually identical.

The list was a collaborative effort and I'm not sure who the particular contributor was at the moment, I would have to look back to see. However IIRC, her mother (aunt?) made this statement in a video, which may be why you can't find it. Either way, it says she typically picks the car up, not that she was going to pick it up that night (although I believe she was).

Thanks PommyMommy. That helps narrow down my search. I'll look through the Media Maps and Timelines forum and see if I can find the video.

bbm

Can you provide a link to an article that includes a quote from LE stating "there is no danger"?

I agree, we do not know if MT has been harmed but given what we've been told about MT, the situation and the odds it is more likely now than it was two weeks ago that MT has met harm.
Press conference from Monday August 13..."Authorities said they don't feel the public was at risk." Repeated by several MSM who reported on PC.

bbm

LE has stumbled and fumbled around answering the 'danger' question. The most coherent answer to the people of Brooklyn was to take their normal precautions to stay safe.

BBM
I would need to hear the original video. Hughes talking over the video was making it difficult to hear. And I frankly don't like to hear Hughes....

Her two CLOSE friends clearly saw her. Only one said the time was iffy. Definitely seen on gravel and husband and wife saw her running past the funeral home a little after 5:30 headed East. Also a person (I won’t name) saw her running in a pink sports bra, not sure of time, on Pershing headed East right in front of (insert names house) I do not recognize the name of the house she said but it seems like he’s a friend maybe? Or they know him cause they said first and last name in the post. Also, why is it that someone has now hidden her timeline on FB from May 10 to July 18? Do you think there was something or someone posting or? That they don’t want the public to see now?

I’ve noticed a few pages out there that have been altered lately. And some accounts disappearing. It’s like someone turned on a light and the cockroaches are scurrying.

LE has stumbled and fumbled around answering the 'danger' question. The most coherent answer to the people of Brooklyn was to take their normal precautions to stay safe.
That’s a great way of putting it. They in effect said “we have no reason to believe the public is in danger, but everyone should take standard precautions.” It covers them in case this is in fact, not a one off.

I would question the 5:30 sighting. She was just being dropped off by her brother at this time. As for FB and removal of posts..who knows? Could be her family removing things that are painful or contradictory. One of them must be in charge of her page now.

I'm not great at making maps, so I just wrote out my idea for what her route was that day. It starts at DJ's goes around town, back past his place and ends at her mother's house (I didn't use her full address because I wasn't sure if that was acceptable). It ends up being 4.3 miles, which I think is a reasonable distance for that amount of time. Since she was said to vary between 3 different routes, I thought this might be the one she used when she planned to go to her mother's house. I hope I got all the directions in here - geography was never my forte. (In college on a geography test, I once put NYC in Pennsylvania)

622 W Des Moines St
Head east on W Des Moines St
Turn right onto West St
West St turns left and becomes W Pershing Dr
Head east on W Pershing Dr
Turn right onto Mills St
Turn left onto E Pershing Dr
Head south on Boundary St
Turn right onto E Green St
Turn left onto Mills St
Turn right onto E 2nd St
Turn left onto Jackson St
Turn right onto W Front St
Head north on N Orchard St
Turn left onto W 2nd St/Historic US 6/Old 6 Rd
to 385th Ave
Sharp right onto 385th Ave
Continue onto W Des Moines St
to 622 W Des Moines St ... Back to DJ's house
Head east on W Des Moines St
Turn left onto State Hwy 398/Jackson St
Turn right onto Bear Dr
*advertiser censored* Bear Drive
Uhh, that was pretty darn good for not being good at it. I'm terrible at it, and you lost me on the second turn. I'm still waiting for an answer to my question about the gravel road that turns into a dirt road near the home belonging to the fiancee. I can't really see the maps well, but in the video Sharon took, as you are heading towards the electric co and car wash, before that is a gravel road on the left. Do you know the name of that road? It is the one he said goes straight to Grinnell. I keep asking, but I can't find an answer. Maybe you can tell me!

Which highway? I didn't notice that on the map I was using, but that sure doesn't mean it isn't there.

ETA: Do you mean 398? I don't know any other way to get to her mother's place.

I actually mapped out your route to see what it looked like - attached here, as well as a map showing a pathway near her mother's house that runs parallel to the highway.

Attachments

• Mollie 12.jpg
    Mollie 12.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Mollie C.jpg
    Mollie C.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 47
I live in a small, rural town and we have had 3 young women go missing over the past 8 years. We had a huge FBI presence for each one, even though 2 of them turned out to be domestic issues. In a small town where LE basically consists of 4 people, the FBI is regularly brought in where there is a missing person who might be in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288