Australia Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a couple of geriatric thugs out for a stroll..I was heartened to see just how unprepared they were for the spotlight, how very silly of them both not to have a script and program all ready for this eventuality ..
hahahahahaha
what a classic!
that made my day:cool::cool:

I happen to be a little ofay with the goings on in Coolum where Chris and wife #3 are reported to now reside. Coolum although flushed with tourists during holiday season is like a small community otherwise. Rumor and speculation is rife at the cafes and pubs however Chris is laying low for now. Wouldn’t surprise me if he high tails it back to the comfort of Paul despite wifey #3 dislike of her brother in law

How predictable is it that when Chris Dawson finally has his day in court his legals argue The Teacher's Pet's market penetration has make it impossible for their client to receive a fair trial. Baring in mind that jurors are not to have preconceived ideas and are meant to only consider evidence furnished in the court room.

I can hear Peter Dawson now, quoting The Teacher's Pet's success and using it to his client's advantage in the court room.

"But your honour, this, I would argue prejudicial podcast, has been downloaded 20 million times! 20 million times your honour, and The Australian, a national newspaper with a readership in hard copy and on-line of....has also seen to it that.....blah, blah, blah..."
If this goes to court, there is always the option of a judge only trial.

Wow it was a nice summing up of the case.
The additional proof since the inquest of the witness Bev Staniforth about witnessing possible abuse of Lyn by Chris and the guilt Bev felt about this.
Clarified a few things that I had questions of - the document for sale of the house only had 1 signature.
Confirmed there was no proof of the bank card purchases. I do love that if you are going to tell a lie them embellish it a bit and tell specific stores right near where she worked although she didn't show up there.
The perception of Joanne, that many of us have on this forum appears different in the view of Hedley and the Coroner.
The possible sightings turned into being sightings by Lyn's mum Helena Simms.

There don't seem to be too many pictures on-line of the Dawson twins together. In fact prior to the stills from the Current Affair footage today the one below was about the only one I had seen :

865062faf8a631a271908a17d5be16cd

Interesting to compare what the twins are wearing in this shot - taken at least weeks ago - and what they were wearing today.

Only difference is these Wiggles have swapped colours.
I always thought it funny that the picture was missing a third brother's face.

And as I previously mentioned this interview took place at Runaway Bay where the guys had been seen hanging out together for a number of days. So clearly Twin2 has run to the comfort of Twin1.

One of two articles in today’s The Australian. Check out the bit about the personalised number plates. TWIN1 and TWIN2 .... these guys clearly have issues

Nocookies

The phrase ‘thick as thieves’ comes to mind.

What’s the bet they are regretting being so showy with these number plates. Would have made it easy for reporters to track them down

“We have to do more. It just has to be done. If we don’t dig again and don’t dig in the areas of concern then it will be an open wound for lots of people.”

That statement from the NSW Police Commissioner is a win for the podcast, public pressure and of course the family. But it also gives me a feeling the DPP will wait until after the dig has been completed, before proceeding.

The DPP may well proceed without a body. But history probably suggests otherwise.

I'm guessing a double jeopardy could apply here if, a trial less body proceeded, produced a not guilty verdict, and then the body was found post verdict. I believe there are precedents for this.

Last edited:
“We have to do more. It just has to be done. If we don’t dig again and don’t dig in the areas of concern then it will be an open wound for lots of people.”

That statement from the NSW Police Commissioner is a win for the podcast, public pressure and of course the family. But it also gives me a feeling the DPP will wait until after the dig has been completed, before proceeding.

The DPP may well proceed without a body? But history seems to suggest otherwise.

I'm guessing a double jeopardy could apply here if, a trial less body proceeded, produced a not guilty verdict, and then the body was found post verdict. I believe there are precedents for this.

BBM.

There is one, in particular, that I’m aware of. The case against the perpetrator in the Bowraville Children’s murders, currently being decided in the NSW Supreme Court.

Double Jeopardy Laws in New South Wales

The protection afforded by the double jeopardy principle in Australia is not absolute.

In New South Wales, amendments to the Crimes (Appeal and Review) Act 2001 (‘the Act’) empower the state’s Court of Criminal Appeal (NSWCCA) to order the retrial of certain acquitted persons on application by the Director of Public Prosecutions (‘DPP’) where there is ‘fresh and compelling evidence’.

Section 100(1) of the Act empowers the NSWCCA to ‘order an acquitted person to be retried for a life sentence offence if satisfied that:

• there is fresh and compelling evidence against the acquitted person in relation to the offence, and
  • in all the circumstances it is in the interests of justice for the order to be made’.

Nocookies
"Key documents had vanished "

Milovanovich (inquest#2) must be referring to chris's police statements.
because he states in a follow up interview (i cant find now i'll add later if it turns up)he didn't have chris contradictions.

what a farce.

how could important documents go missing if there isn't a conspiracy going on??
if it was simply a case of complacency with the initial investigation and taking chris at his word why would incriminating evidence and/ or statements go missing?

and where did they eventually turn up?
my guess is loone found it.

things just seemed "temporarily" unavailable at the time of the inquest.

jmo

Nocookies
"Key documents had vanished "

Milovanovich (inquest#2) must be referring to chris's police statements.
because he states in a follow up interview (i cant find now i'll add later if it turns up)he didn't have chris contradictions.

what a farce.

how could important documents go missing if there isn't a conspiracy going on??
if it was simply a case of complacency with the initial investigation and taking chris at his word why would incriminating evidence and/ or statements go missing?

and where did they eventually turn up?
my guess is loone found it.

things just seemed "temporarily" unavailable at the time of the inquest.

jmo

Chris' statement turned up as a result of Hedley suggesting Sue Strath re-contact the ombudsman after many years of hearing nothing back from them. The information received back from the ombudsman contained a copy of Chris' statement.

Nocookies

here is the interview with carl i was pertaining to.

For the first time, prosecutors now also have Mr Dawson’s lies and omissions in his August 1982 statement to police in which he failed to mention his affair and blamed his marriage difficulties on Lyn’s spending.

“If that evidence was before me when I was doing the inquest, it would only strengthen the view that I already had that there was sufficient evidence for the matter to go before a jury,” Mr Milovanovich said.

“It would go to the question of his character and his credibility.

somebody interfered.:confused:

thanks cliff your a champ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members