UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having trouble finding news articles about the recent SM rumor mill about arrests in the Rhoden case?

Here's a link to a search for Rhoden at WCPO web site that pulls up three articles about the story, but when you click on the link, there's no article

Search

Here's some video on You Tube

In the video, the reporter says Franklin County Sheriff's Office said they assisted PCSO on Thursday, but wouldn't say where or what. PCSO denies it. The same thing happened last year when they raided the W farms and Franklin Co assisted.

Here's a different link to the WCPO article that's working. Good reporting, Hillary Lake.

BCI: Posts about arrests in Pike County massacre are just 'bad Facebook rumors'

Found some other articles

Social media explodes, but no information in Rhoden murder case - Portsmouth Daily Times

Pike County murders: No arrests today despite ‘very active’ investigation

If these were PCSO/BCI searches, it sounds like no feds were involved. They didn't involve feds in the May 2017 raids, either.

Per my earlier comment, if PCSO/BCI wanted to arrest the W family, they could do so easily, even in Alaska. Waiting until they come back to Ohio to arrest them, if that were to happen, would be kind of unusual unless they did something here in Ohio to necessitate an arrest.

Reading the case summary in the Dayton Daily News article linked above, LE has handled this case very oddly in the last two years.

Law enforcement, most markedly the Alaska state troopers are a highly trained group. If they are tasked with arresting anyone, they will be prepared and take every precaution to minimize risk of harm to innocents. They lear constantly, they train for the worst and usually are extremely successful in the goal at hand.

Yes this case is outside the Norm. But the entire crime, and especially the motive is way off the charts.

It will be resolved. If these searches occurred then they were acting on new information and acted appropriately. Peeps can run but LE is right there with them.

Anyone else having trouble finding news articles about the recent SM rumor mill about arrests in the Rhoden case?

Here's a link to a search for Rhoden at WCPO web site that pulls up three articles about the story, but when you click on the link, there's no article

Search

In the video, the reporter says Franklin County Sheriff's Office said they assisted PCSO on Thursday, but wouldn't say where or what. PCSO denies it. The same thing happened last year when they raided the W farms and Franklin Co assisted.

Here's a different link to the WCPO article that's working. Good reporting, Hillary Lake.

Social media explodes, but no information in Rhoden murder case - Portsmouth Daily Times

If these were PCSO/BCI searches, it sounds like no feds were involved. They didn't involve feds in the May 2017 raids, either.

Per my earlier comment, if PCSO/BCI wanted to arrest the W family, they could do so easily, even in Alaska. Waiting until they come back to Ohio to arrest them, if that were to happen, would be kind of unusual unless they did something here in Ohio to necessitate an arrest.

Reading the case summary in the Dayton Daily News article linked above, LE has handled this case very oddly in the last two years.

They didn't do anything but they had help doing it. lol Typical of the type of info released in this case...

Search

Yes to initial question. With everyone having a camera in close reach it’s strange there are no pictures of vehicles going in. It certainly questions the entire incident.

Hey, just catching up! This is interesting, from your link rsd1200

BBM

"No comment" on LE activity at Flying W Farms. We'll see. We're getting close to Labor Day, after which political campaigns kick into high gear. Been seeing a lot of tv ads for DeWine's opponent this week.

TBH, if any of the Wags came back from AK and were out at Flying W, Reader and BCI wouldn't care. If they wanted to arrest them, they could do so now by calling LE in AK. They haven't. The only reason they might be at Flying W, JMO, is to do some searching or talk to other people out there. As usual, they just check to see what's going on, what everyone knows.

Keep pushing.

But, wouldn't it look grand if they nabbed them themselves, rather than letting AK authorities take the credit for bringing them in? They'd get to parade them in front of the cameras, flash the mugshots, do the press conference, etc... If AK picks them up, which they can, a media frenzy is going to be on AK and surrounding those folks who went out and grabbed them up. Total shift of media focus.

But, wouldn't it look grand if they nabbed them themselves, rather than letting AK authorities take the credit for bringing them in? They'd get to parade them in front of the cameras, flash the mugshots, do the press conference, etc... If AK picks them up, which they can, a media frenzy is going to be on AK and surrounding those folks who went out and grabbed them up. Total shift of media focus.

It's possible. Flashy perp walk for the news media, followed by release on bond, then the whole case disappears again into the abyss of the Pike County Grand Jury. Followed by Reader making the obligatory threats to locals in the news media. I think I've seen this movie before.

James Ferguson & the "W's" at Big Bear Lake , had some business acquaintance with CRsr because of Scioto River Trading Company LLC.

I believe according to a reference I have to the LLC in my notes a good place to start reading might be at approx post 285 thread #31. Perhaps others have a better recollection of the many lengthy discussions on the LLC.

Link to Thread #31
OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

I recall discussions about BBL, Scioto Trading Company & the health solutions LLC, but I don't recall that particular person. Will have to search the threads again.

Looks like they searched but maybe didn't find enough to arrest.

Pike County massacre: 2 properties searched Thursday
PIKE COUNTY, OH (FOX19) - Two properties were searched this week in connection with the Rhoden family massacre, one in Pike County and another in Scioto County, FOX19 NOW has learned.
The searches took place over several hours Thursday afternoon and evening under heavy law enforcement presence.
Agents with Ohio's Bureau of Criminal Investigation and deputies from Pike and Scioto counties were involved.
A SWAT team also was seen driving down U.S. 23 in Pike County.
The public spotted all the police activity and social media speculation quickly circulated that investigators finally had a break in what is the state's largest-ever homicide investigation.
But authorities said Thursday and Friday no arrests were made and the investigation continues.

This was on WHIO TV website:
— No arrests have been made in the grisly deaths of eight members of a Pike County family, but Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine’s spokesman said the Rhoden murder investigation “remains very active and ongoing.”

The spokesman, Dan Tierney, would not discuss whether the Bureau of Criminal Investigation recently executed search warrants in Pike and Scioto counties in the unsolved 2016 case.

“We haven’t been commenting on individual investigative activities over the course of this investigation,” Tierney said. “I will say, however, that the Rhoden murder investigation remains very active and ongoing.”

Pike County murders: State says no arrests despite activity

I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it. First post out about the LE presence at the farm was by a fella named Elmer on his way to work. There are, apparently, lots of locals in those groups, including a Hatfield. The Scioto News group are very careful about what gets posted and claim to have independent, trusted informants. There's more to this story on their page, interesting stuff. I'll see if I can find the quote but there are literally over a 1000 postings from last night.

This exact quote is what I'm looking for because it seemed to put match to gasoline the other night.

“2 arrested in connection with the Rhoden family murders that happened over 2 years ago. It will be on the 11 o’clock news. The 2 arrested were Billy Wagner Sr. and Jake Wagner.”

I've seen it on Twitter and I've heard it was on a certain FB group that's been around for awhile. This particular quote turned out to be quite false. I am curious who started it. Did they know something? They only mention two names. You'd think if it was a hoax they'd go for broke with "4 arrested..."

I went and searched the Twittersphere and that post is gone.

http://thefayetteadvocate.com/2018/...-family-massacre-despite-social-media-frenzy/

I'm thinking they moved out of Kenai.

I wonder where this originated from? Who originally posted it?

“2 arrested in connection with the Rhoden family murders that happened over 2 years ago. It will be on the 11 o’clock news. The 2 arrested were Billy Wagner Sr. and Jake Wagner.”

No arrests made in Rhoden family massacre, despite social media frenzy - Fayette Advocate

Did someone have an inside tip, but, it turned out that those two weren't there when they went out en masse to arrest them? And someone got an itchy "ENTER" finger?

The public spotted all the police activity and social media speculation quickly circulated that investigators finally had a break in what is the state's largest-ever homicide investigation.

The first reports seem to have been residents in the area spotting a SWAT team heading out to flying W. Maybe they assumed because it was a SWAT team they were there to make an arrest and then just gave their opinion of who was being arrested. The other LEO's seem to have arrived after the SWAT team was on site.

What I find interesting is the fact that a SWAT team has been present during both searches of the flying W. Why? SWAT teams are highly skilled members of LEO who are usually called in if they expect a hostage situation or a gunfight. So why has SWAT been called in both searches? This time it appears they were sent in first making it appear LEO's expected armed resistance.

Did they expect to find BW and JW and expected them to resist?
JMO

~Delete~
Thanks Betty I just saw your post to Mitten post #1492.If you want to tell me 'JF auto thing may have just been a hoax' then post back to me not Mitten. I am not invisible; so you do not need to ignore me and speak to 2nd poster like I'm not here. Betty in the future please respond to me personally on my posts. This is a personal curtesy because I will edit my own posts on any thing you question.

I deleted my post and will respect the integrity of the thread by not posting any more on the GreenvilleSun article.

Please accept my apologies.

Last edited:
I will only use the initials JF going forward per TOS Rules.

I might need to ask rsd1200 and Dudly to help me but as I remember
CRsr worked at BBL for RW for 20 years is he is also a music producer, his girlfriend JW owned a medical business , and a car lot, there were other relationships like JF who also owned a car lot.

How I realized the linked August 1,2006 'ATF Visit to 11#E Auto Sales' article was related to JF is a legal case I had referenced in my notes.

Here is the Tennessee App Case;Sole Proprietorship James Ferguson operates as Jim’s 11#E Auto Sales in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Source Ferguson v. Jenkins, 204 S.W.3d 779 (Tenn.App. 2006).

Sorry for the LONG post.

My Opinion Only

If there are errors in my post please holler so I can delete or edit. Thanks for taking time to read!

I've gone back and reviewed the early threads relating to Scioto River Trading Company and found no mention of JF or 11 E Auto Sales. Not to say there isn't some connection, but there's nothing from back then. A lot of the discussion about SRTC and other business ventures that CR1 and his former boss were involved in can be found in threads #9 and #10. That was around early to mid-May of 2016 when people were researching all kinds of angles. A lot of speculation about drugs, stolen auto parts, transporting drugs in old cars, money laundering, etc. Then there was all the talk about real estate and theories about how some relative did it over jealousy about real estate.

It's very sad that DeWine released no more information back then than we know now. The news media was complaining about the delays in getting basic information about the murders from PCSO. Turns out, it was taking 5 days because PCSO typed up reports, then sent them to DeWine's office to review before redactions and release to the public. DeWine has been controlling this case from the very first hours after the 911 call.

Then, remember how LE tried to say no dive teams were used in the investigation? Why? Just for the sake of nostalgia....

5330c54c552e8bc02306209c022828ae.jpg

Mittens, unless we find something else in the archives, the JF auto thing may have just been a hoax. Maybe someone playing tricks. JMO, there's been a lot of speculation about this case in the last 2+ years, but I don't recall any connections to anyone in TN.

Will keep looking.

I will only use the initials JF going forward per TOS Rules.

I might need to ask rsd1200 and Dudly to help me but as I remember
CRsr worked at BBL for RW for 20 years is he is also a music producer, his girlfriend JW owned a medical business , and a car lot, there were other relationships like JF who also owned a car lot.

How I realized the linked August 1,2006 'ATF Visit to 11#E Auto Sales' article was related to JF is a legal case I had referenced in my notes.

Here is the Tennessee App Case;Sole Proprietorship James Ferguson operates as Jim’s 11#E Auto Sales in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Source Ferguson v. Jenkins, 204 S.W.3d 779 (Tenn.App. 2006).

What really caught my attention was the mention of the ATF focus on "shell casings" in the August 1,2018 GreenvilleSun article. We all know that is one of the few clues investigators (hopefully)have that would cement warrants & long overdue arrests for the slaughter of the Rhoden Family.

Sorry for the LONG post.

My Opinion Only

If there are errors in my post please holler so I can delete or edit. Thanks for taking time to read!

That link goes to a legal case study document at a community college in Los Angeles. It discusses this person suing to collect from an insurance company when he was injured in a motorcycle accident back in 1999. Not sure what this has to do with the Rhoden murders.

Did someone online share a tip of some sort that made it seem the ATF raid on the business in Tenn. was somehow relevant to the Rhoden murders? I'm not seeing any connection. This may have been a hoax.

The first reports seem to have been residents in the area spotting a SWAT team heading out to flying W. Maybe they assumed because it was a SWAT team they were there to make an arrest and then just gave their opinion of who was being arrested. The other LEO's seem to have arrived after the SWAT team was on site.

What I find interesting is the fact that a SWAT team has been present during both searches of the flying W. Why? SWAT teams are highly skilled members of LEO who are usually called in if they expect a hostage situation or a gunfight. So why has SWAT been called in both searches? This time it appears they were sent in first making it appear LEO's expected armed resistance.

Did they expect to find BW and JW and expected them to resist?
JMO

I found this interesting, it may have already been posted. I have short folks running about today so I may have missed it.

Franklin County says their SWAT was there, in Pike.

Dr. Hillary Lake, WCPO on Twitter

~Delete~
Thanks Betty I just saw your post to Mitten post #1492.If you want to tell me 'JF auto thing may have just been a hoax' then post back to me not Mitten. I am not invisible; so you do not need to ignore me and speak to 2nd poster like I'm not here. Betty in the future please respond to me personally on my posts. This is a personal curtesy because I will edit my own posts on any thing you question.

I deleted my post and will respect the integrity of the thread by not posting any more on the GreenvilleSun article.

Please accept my apologies.

My apologies, I didn't realize I was replying to the wrong person! Sorry!

My apologies, I didn't realize I was replying to the wrong person! Sorry!

Gosh Betty, I should be in better practice using good Websleuths skills especially since I've been around since July 2005. Happy Websleuths Anniversary to me~ I just celebrated my 13th year here & I know Betty you have been posting for many years.

Thank-you for your gracious post.

Once more I detest posts that are passive aggressive. People cannot see my expression or body language. With the old s/w I would have put my 'searching for link emoji'. I am still sobbing over my favorite emojis from the old s/w ;I had a whole tool chest full of them. Since coming back and rereading my post I sound 'terse' and if anyone knows me that is not my 'personality or character' at all.

I am still looking in my notes for the link.

I am hopeful that we will all live long enough to see justice for the Rhoden's.

Last edited:
Gosh Betty, I should be in better practice using good Websleuths skills especially since I've been around since July 2005. Happy Websleuths Anniversary to me~ I just celebrated my 13th year here & I know Betty you have been posting for many years.

Once more I detest posts that are passive aggressive. People cannot see my expression or body language. With the old s/w I would have put my 'searching for link emoji'. I am still sobbing over my favorite emojis from the old s/w ;I had a whole tool chest full of them. Since coming back and rereading my post I sound 'terse' and if anyone knows me that is not my 'personality or character' at all.

I don't have a dog in this, but I, too, miss the old emojis. :(

Yeah, we're all trying to figure this out. More than 2 yrs now and arrests don't seem any closer, some days less.
The murders and the investigation are an enigma. No motive, no communication, no burning desire by LE to solve the case. They seem almost resentful that the public is still expecting answers.

They go to great lengths to keep their investigation activities quiet and are very unhappy with social media when news leaks out. But, yeah, everyone has to be careful.

I missed out on the latest news cycle and am just now catching up. :confused:

Last edited:
This exact quote is what I'm looking for because it seemed to put match to gasoline the other night.

I've seen it on Twitter and I've heard it was on a certain FB group that's been around for awhile. This particular quote turned out to be quite false. I am curious who started it. Did they know something? They only mention two names. You'd think if it was a hoax they'd go for broke with "4 arrested..."

I went and searched the Twittersphere and that post is gone.

No arrests made in Rhoden family massacre, despite social media frenzy - Fayette Advocate
I can't find it, so sorry. All I could find was a poster asking the same question..admins stopped comments on the post now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail