Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did no one else see them parked there? The FF or the neighbour when they went out that morning? Or anyone else?

Odd, IMO.
Odd - maybe. In hindsight it’s easy to say. Any given day I could drive out of my driveway ( very similar street and area as fg )and not have any memory of what I had seen that day.

Odd - maybe. In hindsight it’s easy to say. Any given day I could drive out of my driveway ( very similar street and area as fb) and not have any memory of what I had seen that day.

I ‘fly on autopilot’ every day when I’m doing routine tasks. Sometimes I get home and can’t remember the journey. It’s quite common.

I also think that the FM would of possibly told LE at the time that William was not a child that would wander away as the FP's have stated William was a bit timid and had to see they were close by him visually.
I think that would of immediately alerted LE that it was more than likely a case of something other than William getting lost out in the bush. Even though they would still have had to check that as well.

I also think that the FM would of possibly told LE at the time that William was not a child that would wander away as the FP's have stated William was a bit timid and had to see they were close by him visually.
I think that would of immediately alerted LE that it was more than likely a case of something other than William getting lost out in the bush. Even though they would still have had to check that as well.

Port Macquarie Local Area Command would have alerted the Missing Persons Squad who, in turn, would have alerted the Homicide Squad quite quickly after William was reported missing. I think it was Vanessa Partridge (I don’t remember her rank) that said one of the police officers thought William’s missing persons’ case was more than standard. The wheels would have started turning. No doubt discussions were held and strategies were beginning to be put into place by SCC detectives even then, in case William’s was not a simple case of a little boy lost in the bush. As it turned out, it wasn’t.

Yes you are right and from memory didn’t the female policewoman say from the moment she turned up at the scene she felt ‘ somethings not right”

Port Macquarie Local Area Command would have alerted the Missing Persons Squad who, in turn, would have alerted the Homicide Squad quite quickly after William was reported missing. I think it was Vanessa Partridge (I don’t remember her rank) that said one of the police officers thought William’s missing persons’ case was more than standard. The wheels would have started turning. No doubt discussions were held and strategies were beginning to be put into place by SCC detectives even then, in case William’s was not a simple case of a little boy lost in the bush. As it turned out, it wasn’t.
Thank you Bohemian, that is what I was referring to in my latter post.

Vanessa Partridge was a Detective Senior Constable at the time.

At 2.35pm detectives are dispatched from Port Macquarie and begin taking statements. One of them speaks to a colleague, Detective Senior Constable Vanessa Partridge, back at Port Macquarie late that afternoon; they are worried something more sinister may have taken place. Partridge arrives very early the next day, and already there are people out on horseback, on bicycle, on foot, searching for William.

Arriving at the house on Benaroon Drive, Partridge is thinking, “Something just doesn’t feel right about this whole thing.”

The strike force he
(Jubes) leads works out of a meeting room on the top floor of Port Macquarie Police Station.
On the day we visit, three detectives have their heads buried in computers — they’ve all been working long, long hours. One of them is Partridge, who travelled to Kendall the day after William disappeared.

Australian Crime News

We don’t have Amber Alerts in NSW but reports of William being missing were in the news almost immediately. Police would then have been relying on information from the public as to the whereabouts of those cars. With no recorded registration numbers and no idea if or where he had been taken, everyone who saw cars matching the vague descriptions would have been calling Crime Stoppers from all over the east coast of Australia and then nationally, depending on the time elapsed from that of William’s disappearance.

BBM

In NSW what is issued is either a "concern for child" alert ~ or ~ "child abduction" alert.

In Williams case a "concern for child" alert was issued immediately.

Vanessa Partridge was a Detective Senior Constable at the time.

At 2.35pm detectives are dispatched from Port Macquarie and begin taking statements. One of them speaks to a colleague, Detective Senior Constable Vanessa Partridge, back at Port Macquarie late that afternoon; they are worried something more sinister may have taken place. Partridge arrives very early the next day, and already there are people out on horseback, on bicycle, on foot, searching for William.

Arriving at the house on Benaroon Drive, Partridge is thinking, “Something just doesn’t feel right about this whole thing.”

The strike force he
(Jubes) leads works out of a meeting room on the top floor of Port Macquarie Police Station.
On the day we visit, three detectives have their heads buried in computers — they’ve all been working long, long hours. One of them is Partridge, who travelled to Kendall the day after William disappeared.

Australian Crime News

Thank you SA.

BBM

In NSW what is issued is either a "concern for child" alert ~ or ~ "child abduction" alert.

In Williams case a "concern for child" alert was issued immediately.

Thank you Josie. Not ‘Amber Alerts’ as Karinna was wondering about but ‘concern for child alerts’. I remember William’s status as a missing child being broadcast quite quickly on the day.

Sure. Police saying “someone knows why we are here” does not mean the location and person is absolutely connected to WT. Even if it sounds promising to us.

Ummm. true, but in reality how can they not be connected? Why would they mention it? IDK. I hope it's a promising lead -- hopefully

Ummm. true, but in reality how can they not be connected? Why would they mention it? IDK. I hope it's a promising lead -- hopefully

I’ve been thinking about your earlier post, when you said maybe the high risk POI went to retrieve or look for something they may have lost/discarded/forgotten at the Batar Creek search site. That, in itself, would be a breakthrough in William’s case for SFR investigators. It would allow them to narrow their focus irt that particular POI and anyone connected to him/her. That can only be a positive step in solving William’s case; either via an inquest and/or an arrest or arrests and a trial. ‘Watch this space’, I reckon.

Last edited:
I’ve been thinking about your earlier post, when you said maybe the high risk POI went to retrieve or look for something they may have discarded/forgotten at the Batar Creek search site. That, in itself, would be a breakthrough in William’s case for SFR investigators. It would allow them to narrow their focus irt that particular POI and anyone connected to him/her. That can only be a positive step in solving William’s case; either via an inquest and/or an arrest or arrests and a trial. ‘Watch this space’, I reckon.

Yes, that's what i've been thinking. The fact it's a very small area indicates *possibly* that someone stopped there for a short amount of time. IMO. Not much distance can be covered in a short time, so the area is to fit the time frame. It could be that a car was traced or followed, and the driver didn't stay long. The fact they didn't find anything, but still think it's a lead, is possibly because he/she removed something from there? I hope it's a positive lead. Since then, they have been hinting at a local. Or perhaps this person pulled over for a phone call? Still, this person is suspicious, or i doubt the search would have occurred.... IMOO

Yes, that's what i've been thinking. The fact it's a very small area indicates *possibly* that someone stopped there for a short amount of time. IMO. Not much distance can be covered in a short time, so the area is to fit the time frame. It could be that a car was traced or followed, and the driver didn't stay long. The fact they didn't find anything, but still think it's a lead, is possibly because he/she removed something from there? I hope it's a positive lead. Since then, they have been hinting at a local. Or perhaps this person pulled over for a phone call? Still, this person is suspicious, or i doubt the search would have occurred.... IMOO

Exactly. I’d say that person is highly suspicious for them to up sticks and leave the Kendall Forest search with such urgency.

I was aghast when i first saw the scene in photos in MSM - but as someone suggested, it almost looked like a set up for the press. A photo of a line search & vehicles everywhere. They would have taken tyre track impressions etc, prior, which helped to bring down my blood pressure - they know what they are doing, thank the lord

I was aghast when i first saw the scene in photos in MSM - but as someone suggested, it almost looked like a set up for the press. A photo of a line search & vehicles everywhere. They would have taken tyre track impressions etc, prior, which helped to bring down my blood pressure - they know what they are doing, thank the lord

I’m pretty sure they do know what they’re doing; press photos included.

I’ve been thinking about your earlier post, when you said maybe the high risk POI went to retrieve or look for something they may have lost/discarded/forgotten at the Batar Creek search site. That, in itself, would be a breakthrough in William’s case for SFR investigators. It would allow them to narrow their focus irt that particular POI and anyone connected to him/her. That can only be a positive step in solving William’s case; either via an inquest and/or an arrest or arrests and a trial. ‘Watch this space’, I reckon.

I noticed in this article that it says that the high risk individual lives nearby to the Batar Creek Road search site.

I was away when this side-search happened. But I find that point very interesting.

Yesterday, officers from the Strike Force Rosann began focusing on an area of land at Cedar Loggers Lane and Batar Creek Road in Batar Creek, which is outside the forensic search zone that had previously been outlined.

The area is four kilometres from William’s grandparents’ house, south-west of Port Macquarie.
It's a zone that Detective Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin said is “very specific” and it relates to a “high risk” individual who lives nearby.

“The reason why we're searching this very specific area of bushland is the result of information we've uncovered during the course of the investigation,” Det Insp Jubelin said on Wednesday.
“We're looking for any information, any exhibits... anything that's foreign to the area and anything that links to William's disappearance.”

He also hoped the fresh search would put pressure on people he believed know something about the case.
New breakthrough in the search for William Tyrrell: 5 suspects identified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members