Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have already been said, but if we were to consider the dots on the Finding Mollie website as the movements of TWO people the map seems to make perfect sense. Mollie would be the dot at 385th, and a trucker or patron would be the dot at the TA truck stop. Those dots converge at or near the car wash downtown. The other two dots perhaps represent an "escape route", the last of which being where the Fitbit apparently registered last.

So, if this is the case, they may have a trucker in mind - or someone else that they know was at that truck stop - who was also seen on camera along the route they have laid out. They may be looking for corroborating eyewitnesses that actually saw an encounter, or just before or after it.

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

JMO.

That's exactly what I've been thinking regarding the dots. I don't think this is a trucker.

Attachments

• Mollie Aug 17 Map.jpg
    Mollie Aug 17 Map.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 102
And I think the Perp has a friend who strongly suspects him but is pushing it to the back of his mind because it's just too horrible to think about. But the thought keeps coming forward; especially at night.

And this friend knows it's just a matter of time before this happens again, and he doesn't know what to do. He is scared. Spitless.

Maybe there's a Jay (from the Adnan Syed case) or Bo Duke (Tara Grinstead) type who helped the perp dispose of the body.

The phone's date/time would not match that of local cell sites.
would you be kind enough to elaborate al little more please
The question was what would bring the perpetrator to Brooklyn on a Wednesday. In response, what I meant to imply was that the perpetrator could have been in town to pay his electric bill. Maybe he liked to pay early. It was simply a thought.
I believe it was Mollie herself that was the reason. I wish we knew for sure on that first day, the day before that evening after work, if she went for a walk/run as she did on the day she vanished.

Another thing on Wednesdays is a church service/gathering/dinner... I know it's common in my small town... anyone that usually attends one of these that was not there that Wednesday? I think ours starts around 6-6:30... usually dinner then a bible study... just throwing it out there for a Wednesday evening activity...

This may have already been said, but if we were to consider the dots on the Finding Mollie website as the movements of TWO people the map seems to make perfect sense. Mollie would be the dot at 385th, and a trucker or patron would be the dot at the TA truck stop. Those dots converge at or near the car wash downtown. The other two dots perhaps represent an "escape route", the last of which being where the Fitbit apparently registered last.

So, if this is the case, they may have a trucker in mind - or someone else that they know was at that truck stop - who was also seen on camera along the route they have laid out. They may be looking for corroborating eyewitnesses that actually saw an encounter, or just before or after it.

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

JMO.
t1236.gif
though I agree with others that it may not have been a trucker.

I strongly agree!

This is how I would number the route, with point 3 as the location where the abductor and Mollie met.

If anyone has a different idea and would like a map to easily visualize, let me know - just takes a moment to do.

Attachments

• Mollie Aug17 N.jpg
    Mollie Aug17 N.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
This is how I would number the route, with point 3 as the location where the abductor and Mollie met.

If anyone has a different idea and would like a map to easily visualize, let know - just takes a moment to do.
How does LE know the truck stop is #1, how do they know the perp started there

That's exactly what I've been thinking regarding the dots. I don't think this is a trucker.

Yeah, a trucker would've likely gotten on the interstate rather than continued south. Unless it is a local route driver, like a farm/grain truck or something.

In any case, it seems like they have a handle on what probably occurred. Heck, they may even know precisely which vehicle and who was driving it. But without a witness corroborating that something suspicious occurred with the vehicle in question (slow moving, circling around, etc.) then a warrant is unlikely. So that may be all they are looking for in order for this case to blow wide open.

JMO.

Their electric bill was due?

The question was what would bring the perpetrator to Brooklyn on a Wednesday. In response, what I meant to imply was that the perpetrator could have been in town to pay his electric bill. Maybe he liked to pay early. It was simply a thought.

what if he's an electric company employee in town from the corporate or regional office doing business at that branch, and sees her as he's leaving the facility headed back to the motel?

Last edited:
Most, if not all mobile phones (smartphones) manufactured (from 2004 forward) today include GPS circuitry. The FCC planned to require all smartphones to include GPS by next year but that requirement is changed to that all smartphones must improve their location accuracy to be within 50 feet (since GPS is not the only technology available to ascertain location).

Phones (OS) typically provide an option to enable or disable GPS. Some apps require GPS to be enabled, some do not.

Only one or two models of Fitbit include GPS circuitry. The Fitbit model MT uses (we assume via what is seen in photos) does not include GPS circuitry. It is impossible to ascertain location of a Fitbit via Fitbit data alone; location data must come from the Bluetooth-connected smartphone with enabled and active GPS circuitry.

GPS is a battery hog. A phones' GPS is typically only used by certain apps. A phone will periodically send GPS on its own for things like "Find My Phone", but it is not providing a constant GPS stream like a Fitbit does when it's in an 'activity mode'. When a phone is pinging off of cell towers it is not providing GPS data.

Another observation I will make about small country towns, as someone who grew up in 1 and who lives in a different 1 to this day...

Some kids I went to school with were related to dozens of people in our town. And sometimes, those relatives included tow truck drivers, salvage yard owners, farmers, police officers and firemen.

I am aware of 2 individual cases where a local kid made a mistake (both involving drunk driving accidents) and local officials took pity on them, believed it would do them no good to suffer further consequences for their wrong doing, and essentially looked the other way.

I believe many in the town would feel this kind of small town loyalty to Mollie, which is a huge plus. It might be what drives someone to turn in the right tip. But it’s possible that if she was unintentionally hurt by or in the company of another local kid, who panicked and called their parent to say they thought she was dead, the parent or relative might have been willing to help them take care of it, believing it was a true error and their child didn’t believe to be locked up or have their life destroyed.

Based on how this may have unfolded from truck stop, to car wash, to Mollie's house-sit, to W. Pershing Dr., to East on 385Ave, and South to the Guernsey area, I looked at the surrounding area. That is how I became curious about this area:

Attachments

• Mollie R2.jpg
    Mollie R2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 95
would you be kind enough to elaborate al little more please
I believe it was Mollie herself that was the reason. I wish we knew for sure on that first day, the day before that evening after work, if she went for a walk/run as she did on the day she vanished.
phones set their own times. they can not be manupilated in settings on the phone. no way to trick phone and no way to trick tower with phone as far as time setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects