Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we heard anything thus far from CW’s side of the family? What do we know about them? I haven’t seen anything spoken or written from them since this happened. I would be interested in knowing more about them and what their thoughts are on the loss of their daughter in law, granddaughters and grandson at the hands of their son.

SWs brother said to pray for both sides of the family, that they are grieving also.A very gracious comment.

Rob McCallum‏ @rwmccallum
People v Christopher Watts: The Court will build a webpage Monday to post all currently available and future filings in this case. The URL will be distributed from this account when posted.

(Rob McCallum is Public Information Officer Colorado State Court Judicial Branch)
Sounds to me like they’re anticipating a media poopstorm.

Of course I am. And I'm also willing to bet the reporter asked about his shirt because they knew he wasn't innocent. I'm just simply pointing out an observation that makes you go huh?

When he talked about his shirt, it was the only time he moved his arm away from his body. During the interview, he had it held tightly against his body and we’ve speculated as to whether he was injured. But it seems he was able to move it pretty well.

Maybe it was a way of self-soothing...?

I also don't believe he had another woman. I think he thought she did maybe another man who worked at the company that went to the conferences. Maybe someone she was friends with but CW was too insecure and suspected infidelity. My sister was in a relationship with a man just like CW quiet not very social others thought he was nice but those that really knew him were terrified of what he might do to my sister. He tried to get her to move out of state as well.

I don’t think this is the case. It seems like a Chris often attended the Thrive events with her. He is in a lot of the photos that her Thrive friends posted on SM.

I did notice the marks on his neck but great observation about the wedding ring I had not noticed that. I think and despite the the delay in SW flight, the children were deceased before SW arrived home at 2 am and could have already been disposed of many hours before that hence the girls beds being made and unused.
In an earlier thread w a link it was said he was an Operator. Being in the trades myself I took this to mean Operating Engineer. Heavy equipment, backhoe, front loaders etc.

Natural gas plants also have Operators at the plant that watch and adjust controls on the processing equipment to keep the plant processing equipment running and processing efficiently. They just don't tell us enough info to let us know. One thing I thought of was that in Texas, most of the guys that travel from well site to well site have a white truck with Anadarko on the side of it. He seems to have his own personal truck that he moved the bodies in which made me think that he went to the plant every day instead of doing alot of moving around to other locations. I don't know Anadarko's policy on who gets a personal vehicle.

When he talked about his shirt, it was the only time he moved his arm away from his body. During the interview, he had it held tightly against his body and we’ve speculated as to whether he was injured. But it seems he was able to move it pretty well.

Maybe it was a way of self-soothing...?
Very possible.

@Seattle1 said:
In 8:06 minutes, CW spouted many words, even repeated some, but not once did he mention his missing wife by her name. He mentioned his children's names once, but only after he was asked by reporter. (Interview by 9News reporters). The words he used to describe his daughters are very telling: "Celeste is like her" (Mum) -- troublemaker and rampage; "Bella is like me" (CW), choosing "mothering" and "calm" to describe Bella. CW also told the reporter that Bella was starting Kindergarten "next Monday," but St Vrain Valley Schools had open house on Monday, August 13, and 1st day of Kindergarten was Friday, August 17 (Grades 1+ started August 15).
  • No inclination
  • Friends I didn't know about
  • Home like a ghost town
  • Earth shattering
  • Nightmare
  • Nobody
  • Nothing
  • Kindergarten
  • Direct Sales Business
  • That's her
  • What she does
  • Respond to her people
  • Not like her
  • Trying to get home
  • Fast as I coud
  • blowing stop signs
  • none made sense
  • She's not here
  • Where did she go
  • Somewhere safe
  • Maybe she's there
  • She's vanished
  • So bad
  • Those kids
  • Own opinion
  • My family
  • Safe
  • This house
  • night was traumatic
  • Can't stay
  • knock on the door
  • Those kids
  • Knock me on the ground
  • Hardest part
  • Trouble
  • Huddled up
  • Earth shattering
  • checked out
  • She leaves it
  • Nightmare
  • I saw her
  • It was real quick
  • Kids in the monitor
  • On point
  • I like a lot (shirt)
  • Trouble maker, rampage (Celeste, like her)
  • Calm, mothering (Bella, like me)

Yes, it was CW response to a direct question about SW!

Reporter asked him if he saw his wife when she got home from AZ/Airport, and his response was "I saw her when she got in, it was real quick."

Like it was real quick before he murdered her I bet.

I agree with others also who say he looks angry in that photo. I actually thought he looked mean and cold when I saw it.

Agree! That booking photo, the one where he is looking at her in her wedding dress (from a DailyMail article), and the one someone shared from twitter last night... they all look very angry and menacing to me!

According to a number of studies homicide is one of the leading causes of death for a pregnant woman .. Some states keep a record of pregnant woman killed by boyfriends or husbands ..Some men kill if there is a unwanted pregnancy like SP.. Divorce is not option child support etc when money is involved bad things happen

It was spoken about early on SM. I believe either Amanda or Nicole stated about a week before SM went missing he “deleted” his FB

If that's the case, it would be interesting to know what Shanann's FB says the day that CW deactivated his FB. There might be some comment from her, in response to him doing something drastic like that.

Ok, here are some more thoughts.....not in a way to blame SW, but trying to get into his mind and how her Thrive business may have become too much for him.

I think a lot of this will come down to egos and financial.
I have seen some talk about SW being the wage earner, totally ignoring he had a job......probably a very good job. She posted about her "job" on SM whereas he didn't, so it may have glorified her job more, making people think SHE was the income security of their home. But, I think the opposite was true. I think he had very good job, but not glamorous. What could he say about HIS job? Trips? Conventions? His people? Probably not. He worked every day and got a paycheck....period. He didn't have to go on SM to self promote....because his income was not based on what other people did! So, to get others to join her team, she had to make it all sound glamorous and fun! Did this start to get under his skin? If SM is now talking as if SHE was the one "making the money", did it become that way in real life, with everyone praising her business and him feeling like he got no credit for anything he did? Did he feel emasculated? She was going on trips....ONE for 6 weeks! While it was visiting family, she still would have spent SOME money in those six weeks! Does anyone know if she stayed with family for that six weeks. I assumed she did, but maybe not.....maybe she stayed in a hotel. Regardless, I am sure she had some expenses for those six weeks. Did he feel like he was getting up and going to work every day to pay for her trips and fun? Or to even work and pay all the bills while she got to go off and "play". I will be honest, just reading thru her Facebook I was getting sick at all the Thrive stuff! So I can imagine all the Thrive talk.... look at how well I am doing, etc.....might get sickening after awhile. Does anyone know how long he worked for the oil company? Does anyone know how long she was with Thrive?

Just some thoughts....not excuses.

I didn't have to see his interview to know he killed them all. The simple facts, on first blush, made him the suspect for me. I can't read every thread or open every file offered herein, so I missed a lot, but when I read that the house was locked, her car, purse and cell phone were home, but the baby's blankets were missing - I convicted him. I didn't see his interview until after his confession. Here is what I picked up on, in hindsight.

He wasn't distraught. He said he was, but his face and eyes didn't show it. What showed was deception when he was rather nonchalant about her leaving on her own, after the 'emotional discussion', knowing the evidence uncovered already by LE. By the time of the interview, the evidence revealed that would have had to leave on foot and without essentials, after he left for work, leaving a car in the drive. Preposterous. He knew it was preposterous to say and expect anyone to believe. That she wouldn't be plugged into SM and in contact with her parents is too ridiculous a thought to even talk about. Had she left on her own, this would not have been a missing person report because mom and dad or brother would have told LE 'no, she left on her own, we know where she is, you can go check it out, but don't tell him". And they would have.

He showed deception when he talked about someone having them as in a kidnapping. He knew that LE knew that the doors were all locked from the inside and that there was no sign of forced entry or struggle anywhere. He knows that what he is saying is preposterous.

He even had to laugh at how ridiculous his excuses were in light of what LE was uncovering around him. That was nervous laughter. His emotions, although hidden, were running wild inside.

Those deceptive 'tells' are everywhere.

"I want them back" told everyone they were dead, some got it, some didn't, but also that he wishes he had not done all of this. We all want our deceased loved ones to 'come back' and get a do-over, even when they die of natural causes or old age. That remorse came after a night alone in the murder scene when the realization sunk in that they would never come home again. The magnitude of what he'd done hit him that night. He wanted a do-over.

The tee shirt was a most recent gift from his wife, whom he had murdered. He wore it to feel her with him. He wanted to feel close to her again. He may have leaned on her emotionally in the past and was missing that support. So, the shirt. Which he HUGS to his heart through the interview. He is hugging and rocking with her. Nothing more, nothing less.

"They are my life" when talking about his daughters. They probably were. His life had been turned into big financial mess while his responsibilities grew and all in a little over 5 years. He had no life outside of them. This was more of an admission that "they sucked my life out of me" statement than one of "can't live without them".

I think he got overwhelmed and struck out. I don't think there was a plan at all.

I believe he is remorseful. His father convinced him to come forward and not prolong the torture for everyone. I do not think his father was giving him legal advice on how to avoid the death penalty, I think the father was asking the son to examine his conscience and to own up to what he had done. Guilt and remorse resulted in the confession. My opinion.

I don't think he is being smug or whatever. He knows his fate is doomed, he knows he killed his babies and his wife, he knows his very soul is in trouble. He knows he will pay a heavy price and he knows he deserves it. I see depression and sorrow on him. Sorrow for himself and for the ones he murdered and all of the people who grieve these children and their mother.

How is it possible CW could possibly try to convince anyone he is innocent of these

3 deaths? Where would he start? My other comment is totally different. I have to say I love SW's name. It is an eloquent sounding name. Also, Her friend Nicole is very fortunate the did not confront CW in the house or near it (Garage). She could have been a fourth victim. Heck I worry about everything.

CW did two interviews. In either of those interviews, he always calls Bella and Celeste as 'the kids', instead of 'my daughters' or my 'children' or 'my babies'. He also never described Shannan as 'my wife'.

He uses phrases like 'there wasn't anybody here', 'nobody was here', 'I want everybody back', 'the kids wern't here'. Never heard him say 'I want my family back'.

I think he really has detached himself from his family. In his mind, he killed a woman and two kids, not his wife and his children. It's so cold.

(Ha, I now see that Seattle1 has posted something similar.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave