GUILTY UK - Lucy McHugh, 13, murdered,, Southampton, 25 July 2018

New article from the BBC about Lucy.
They have a last sighting of her walking past a Tesco Express in Southampton, 30 minutes after she was known to leave home.

To help with their investigation, the police are going to screen CCTV of this sighting at the Southampton vs Burnley match at St. Mary's this Sunday.

The man we believe to have killed Lucy, Stephen-Alan Nicholson, will appear at Southampton Crown Court on 31 August charged with murder, sexual activity with a child and failing to disclose a password to a social media account to detectives investigating a serious crime.

Murder police to screen CCTV at match

The CCTV footage is at 0928 at the Tesco Express on the corner of Coxford Road and Lordswood Road/Lords Hill Way and LMc appears to be walking along the Coxford Road side of the shop which would ultimately take her towards the area where she was found the following morning (the 'Sports Centre' covers quite a large area and is surrounded by woodland, does anyone know where LMc's body was actually discovered?). If she left her home on Mansel Road East at 'shortly before' 0900 then this would be a brisk walk but it is possible she could have taken a Bluestar number 7 which would have taken her from the north edge of Mansel Park, past the General Hospital on Coxford Road before turning onto Lords Hill Way in approximately 15 minutes. LMc is walking in a direction that indicates she either made the journey entirely on foot (which would be pushing it at a walking pace I think) or she caught a bus which she got off of on Coxford Road before the junction with Lordswood Road/Lords Hill Way and crossed over to walk past the Tesco Express.

The bus timetable has a weekday departure heading along this route at the place LMc is likely to have picked it up at approximately 0845 and 0915. I appreciate that buses can be unpredictable but the 0915 bus would arguably be tight for her to catch, disembark and walk past Tesco Express to be caught on camera at 0928. The 0845 bus would be a better fit for the timeline and could possibly have run a little late or LMc may have left her home earlier than stated (which is a little vague from reports). I assume Hampshire Police have checked bus footage...? Has anyone seen reports positively excluding bus transport in the media?

I don't think we will get much more reported until the suspect is next in court on the 31at august. I always find here in the UK, cases don't get the same amount of into put out to the public that you get i the US. I find it frustrating at times following UK cases, especially when it gets to court. We seem to not be as open.

Is this the only thread for this murder? Doesn't seem to be very much

I wish there was more attention to this thread. But there is nothing to say because we have no info. Is he falselyy accused and being unfairly treated? Or do the police have all of the damning evidence and it is just a matter of time?

Another appeal for witnesses.

Det Supt Paul Barton added: "We know that Lucy walked with purpose up Wimpson Lane and Coxford Road after leaving her house on Wednesday 25 July.

"The big question is: What happened to Lucy after 09:30am?"

"Did you see Lucy and was she with anyone?

"It's never too late to get in touch - your piece of information, however insignificant it might seem, could help us find Lucy's killer," he added.

Leaflet drop in teen murder probe

4F6FA7E400000578-6101959-image-a-2_1535369017078.jpg

Lucy's funeral was today.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6101959/Mourners-attend-Lucy-McHugh-13-funeral-Southampton-murdered-schoolgirl.html

Detectives have sealed off a section of river in the hunt for the murder weapon used to kill teenager Lucy McHugh.

Police are also appealing for sightings of a man who was seen riding a dark mountain bike on 25 July, the day Lucy disappeared.

The man, described as wearing a dark jacket and blue jeans, is thought to have been riding from Southampton Sports Centre along Coxford Road or close to Tanner's Brook.

A 24-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder and sexual activity with a child has been bailed.

River search for teenager murder weapon

The man suspected of murdering schoolgirl Lucy McHugh has been jailed for refusing to provide his Facebook password to police investigating her death.

Investigators had hoped to read through his private messages to see if he had sent any messages to the girl before her murder. But he refused to give up his password and has now been convicted.

Stephen Nicholson pleaded guilty to the charge under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (Ripa), during an appearance through a video-link at Southampton Crown Court on Friday morning.

[...]

Judge Christopher Parker QC jailed Nicholson for 14 months.

Man jailed for refusing to give Facebook password to police

Can the police not access the messages/conversations from Lucy's phone?[/QUOTE

They could hack the facebook account....however if they did there would be no case, it would get thrown out.
They can ;) ask facebook for the log in details.....and facebook could say it infringes the guys human rights and not disclose it ;) …...they could then go the legal route, which may take a long time ;)
…...just my opinion of course :)
Couldn't be much more local to me.

Can the police not access the messages/conversations from Lucy's phone?

i would have thought that would have been relatively easy for them to do, might need a court order but that shouldn't be hard to get

I'm not sure UK police gets a great deal of cooperation from facebook. This was from the court case in Sophie Lionnet's murder.

Tristan Kirk

✔@kirkkorner

UK police investigating the murder of French nanny Sophie Lionnet wanted to access data from her #Facebook account, but were advised the US "test of probable cause" would not be met, so abandoned the effort.

Tristan Kirk on Twitter

BIB, I really don't believe this is true. I don't know whether facebook are being intransigent or UK police are getting really bad legal advice. It just doesn't make sense to me.

It doesn't specify in this article, but on the radio news it said police haven't been able to view the facebook profiles yet.

Met Police Commissioner Cressida Dick believes detectives should have access to material from social media companies "within minutes".

The call comes after a suspect in the murder of Lucy McHugh, 13, was jailed for withholding his Facebook password from police.

The teenager was found stabbed to death in woodland in Southampton last month.

Detectives investigating her murder say it is taking an "inordinate amount of time" to access evidence from Facebook.

Met chief calls for quick Facebook access

Lucy McHugh: what we know about the teenager’s murder

In August, he was jailed for 14 months after pleading guilty to refusing to handover his Facebook password to police, an offence under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (Ripa). A decision on whether or not to charge him for murder is expected to be made by 27 October.

Lucy McHugh: Officers apply for extension to Stephen Nicholson's bail | Daily Echo

He is due to answer bail on 27 October and police have applied to the courts for an extension for a further three months.

Dont see anything else....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes