Netherlands Netherlands - Schiedam, WhtFem, 16-24, 5'3'', 12 Oct 2005

They specify that this uid female does not have any piercings , sounds like someone from a Protestant middle class family.
Roma generally seem to always have pierced ears, even the little girls and babies, imo speculation

They specify that this uid female does not have any piercings , sounds like someone from a Protestant middle class family.
Roma generally seem to always have pierced ears, even the little girls and babies, imo speculation

That’s true. I didn’t think of that! Though, I don’t feel like it completely eliminates the possibility.
Her facial features don’t look typically Dutch to me so I do believe she’s foreign. If she was from a normal Dutch family she would have been identified by now. If she belonged to a more “extreme” protestant community, she would not have had dyed hair, nor would she have been wearing the type and colour of clothes she was found in. Not to mention the brightly coloured duvets she was wrapped in.

I also believe she must have been murdered by someone she knew (because of the way they disposed of the body) so if anything, there are for sure people out there who know exactly who she is.

The place where she was found, is the water of the Thorbeckesingel near the Kuyperlaan.

This is the one side of the crossing, apartment buildings.

cf8e97ffbe5ebd04f728d281b05609f1.jpg

This is the other side, a nice residential neighbourhood:

65537280.jpg

The water is waist-deep, see the firefighter wading through the canal during the rescue of two little hedgehogs floating on a birds nest.

Not the best location to hide something, seems that the perpetrator was anxious to get rid of the suitcase. There are much deeper waters nearby.

This case kind of reminds me of a Belgian unidentified murder victim who has only recently been identified (approx. 10 years after her body was found). She was found in the dunes near the coast and even though she had a tattoo and wore rather unique jewelry, nobody came forward to identify her which baffled the entire country. Eventually she was identified through DNA after her mother reported her missing in Bulgaria. It turned out she had moved to the Netherlands to start working there illegally. She kept in contact with her family and visited often. When her family failed to hear from her and couldn’t contact her, her mom went to the local police which eventually got the ball rolling. (It is thought she was murdered by her boyfriend when they made a trip to Calais)

I suspect this woman/girl is foreign as well. Her young age and the clothes she was wearing make me wonder if maybe she was part of a gipsy community. Her features in the more recent digital sketch make me thing she might be.

It would explain the hair dye as well. Most gipsy women have black hair so it could be that in order to stand out in her community she coloured her hair. It’s not easy to dye black hair, especially if you’re doing it yourself and likely using cheap products. It could be that “brown” was the best result she was able to get.

I know this case....after all these years a family member came "on the line".....she was unidentified for years...I remember looking for her in all of the pictures from music festivals in that region in Belgium.

The place where she was found, is the water of the Thorbeckesingel near the Kuyperlaan.

This is the one side of the crossing, apartment buildings.

cf8e97ffbe5ebd04f728d281b05609f1.jpg

This is the other side, a nice residential neighbourhood:

65537280.jpg

The water is waist-deep, see the firefighter wading through the canal during the rescue of two little hedgehogs floating on a birds nest.

Not the best location to hide something, seems that the perpetrator was anxious to get rid of the suitcase. There are much deeper waters nearby.

Thanks Zazara!

So she should be born between 1981-1989 if I have calculated it correctly and also agree that she doesnt look Dutch and her killer knew her
Its too bad that doenetwork doesnt provide DOB on the general missing persons website but only the age when missing and you have to click on every case (so sad that there are so many children/persons missing...)
Not one stood out,related to the facial reconstruction (looks imo older then 16-24 yrs)within Europe..but then again maybe a fresh look will provide new insight?

So she should be born between 1981-1989 if I have calculated it correctly and also agree that she doesnt look Dutch and her killer knew her
Its too bad that doenetwork doesnt provide DOB on the general missing persons website but only the age when missing and you have to click on every case (so sad that there are so many children/persons missing...)
Not one stood out,related to the facial reconstruction (looks imo older then 16-24 yrs)within Europe..but then again maybe a fresh look will provide new insight?
Just finished looking through all the European missing cases and yes, there did seem to be quite a number of missing kids.
One SA woman looked somewhat similar in the jaw area to the UID Doe, but she is older than the estimated age and missing since 1993, although a blanket associated with that person had similar colours to the one described in this case. Might as well include her anyway, fwiw, imo.
The Doe Network: Case File 835DFGRC
Anita Swaak e Delarey Mc William Smith

Anita Swaak
ASwaak.jpg

Anita Swaak
Sex: F
Nationality: South Africa
Build: normal
Stature: 175
Eyes: blacks
Hair: black
Clothing: He wore a Turquoise colored backpack and wore a white cap with a green "N".
Distinguishing marks: They had a small mascot that was a small teddy bear.
Disappeared from: Naxos (Greece)
Publication date: 07/05/1996

On air

Last time

Chronology

Searches

Anita Swaak and her boyfriend Delarey Mc William Smith disappeared in Greece in May 1993. Originally from South Africa, both wealthy and well-off, they set out in September 1992 for a trip around Europe for about a year. At first they stopped in London. For about four months they did odd jobs, which still allowed him to buy a small camper.

In January 1993 the two boys left for Holland where they stopped until April, working in a flower nursery. Then they crossed Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and European Turkey with the camper, arriving in just over fifteen days in Athens. Here on May 12, 1993 , Anita's mother joined them by plane, to spend a few days together. It was then that the two boys expressed the desire to visit Italy, fascinated by its landscapes and its works of art. Anita, in addition to the South African passport, was in possession of a Dutch passport and had no problem entering Italy. Instead, Delarey was waiting for a visa to be issued by the Italian Consulate in Athens . In fact, for non-EU citizens, the visa must be requested by the Consulate of the country of origin, and the tourist must also prove that he has enough money to be able to keep during the trip.

Just in those days Delarey had phoned his father, in Capetown, to try and get help speeding up the practice through the Italian embassy in South Africa. As for the money, despite being in possession of several credit cards and despite being his father very well off, Delarey declared that he intends to sell the camper (which he did a few days later). On May 14, Anita, her mother, and Delarey boarded for Mikonos, where they spent four days together.

The two boys plan the return to South Africa for the following August, on the occasion of the marriage of Anita's sister, in fact they had a reservation on the flight SA-237 London-Cape Town for August 13, 1993. Delarey also told the mother of Anita to have received from the father the news of the authorization via fax to the Italian Consulate of Athens for the granting of the visa, while not in the slightest hint of the economic problem. In fact, at the consulate they argue that Delarey never even came back to fill out the visa application form.

On May 18, the three sailed again, and soon after they parted: Anita's mother went on to the island of Santorini while Delarey and Anita went down to the island of Naxos, saying that the same evening they would return to Athens to then continue to Patras, then to Italy, France and London. Anita's mother never imagined that this would be the last time she saw her daughter. In fact it is precisely in Naxos that their traces begin to get lost.The island is quite large and in May it is already crowded with tourists: the only one who remembers seeing them is Mr. Iannis , the owner of a restaurant. During the previous months, Anita and Delarey had always kept in regular contact with their families.

When Mr. Swaak's birthday on July 13, Anita did not even make a call of good wishes, the two families now in anguish decided to spread appeals on Greek radio and television, and to have hundreds of manifestos printed in various languages.

(Google TL)

Just finished looking through all the European missing cases and yes, there did seem to be quite a number of missing kids.
One SA woman looked somewhat similar in the jaw area to the UID Doe, but she is older than the estimated age and missing since 1993, although a blanket associated with that person had similar colours to the one described in this case. Might as well include her anyway, fwiw, imo.
Anita Swaak e Delarey Mc William Smith

Anita Swaak
ASwaak.jpg
Anita seems to have quite a big gap between her front teeth...never saw the teeth of our UID, but I think they would have mentioned that?

Anita Swaak
Sex: F
Nationality: South Africa
Build: normal
Stature: 175
Eyes: blacks
Hair: black

Clothing: He wore a Turquoise colored backpack and wore a white cap with a green "N".
Distinguishing marks: They had a small mascot that was a small teddy bear.
Disappeared from: Naxos (Greece)
Publication date: 07/05/1996

On air

Last time

Chronology

Searches

Anita Swaak and her boyfriend Delarey Mc William Smith disappeared in Greece in May 1993. Originally from South Africa, both wealthy and well-off, they set out in September 1992 for a trip around Europe for about a year. At first they stopped in London. For about four months they did odd jobs, which still allowed him to buy a small camper.

In January 1993 the two boys left for Holland where they stopped until April, working in a flower nursery. Then they crossed Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and European Turkey with the camper, arriving in just over fifteen days in Athens. Here on May 12, 1993 , Anita's mother joined them by plane, to spend a few days together. It was then that the two boys expressed the desire to visit Italy, fascinated by its landscapes and its works of art. Anita, in addition to the South African passport, was in possession of a Dutch passport and had no problem entering Italy. Instead, Delarey was waiting for a visa to be issued by the Italian Consulate in Athens . In fact, for non-EU citizens, the visa must be requested by the Consulate of the country of origin, and the tourist must also prove that he has enough money to be able to keep during the trip.

Just in those days Delarey had phoned his father, in Capetown, to try and get help speeding up the practice through the Italian embassy in South Africa. As for the money, despite being in possession of several credit cards and despite being his father very well off, Delarey declared that he intends to sell the camper (which he did a few days later). On May 14, Anita, her mother, and Delarey boarded for Mikonos, where they spent four days together.

The two boys plan the return to South Africa for the following August, on the occasion of the marriage of Anita's sister, in fact they had a reservation on the flight SA-237 London-Cape Town for August 13, 1993. Delarey also told the mother of Anita to have received from the father the news of the authorization via fax to the Italian Consulate of Athens for the granting of the visa, while not in the slightest hint of the economic problem. In fact, at the consulate they argue that Delarey never even came back to fill out the visa application form.

On May 18, the three sailed again, and soon after they parted: Anita's mother went on to the island of Santorini while Delarey and Anita went down to the island of Naxos, saying that the same evening they would return to Athens to then continue to Patras, then to Italy, France and London. Anita's mother never imagined that this would be the last time she saw her daughter. In fact it is precisely in Naxos that their traces begin to get lost.The island is quite large and in May it is already crowded with tourists: the only one who remembers seeing them is Mr. Iannis , the owner of a restaurant. During the previous months, Anita and Delarey had always kept in regular contact with their families.

When Mr. Swaak's birthday on July 13, Anita did not even make a call of good wishes, the two families now in anguish decided to spread appeals on Greek radio and television, and to have hundreds of manifestos printed in various languages.

(Google TL)
Rbbm.
This site says that Anita's hair was blond and her eyes green. Reminded of that expression " Men never change, but women always do"!
Anita Swaak
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Green eyes; blonde hair.

Kinda odd on TDN Anita Swaak is discribed as a green eyed girl but when I use GT from the source provided by TDN it clearly translates that she has black/brown eyes Chi l'ha Visto - Scomparsi - Anita Swaak - La scheda
Yesterday I tried to google her name to see if anything popped up in Dutch (because she had a Dutch pasport as well but nothing...and from what I understood is that her family made flyers raised awareness in many langauges/countries

Just noting that another woman was also found in a suitcase circa 2015..
Body in suitcase thrown in Maastricht river was a white woman - DutchNews.nl
August 31, 2015
"The body found hidden in a suitcase in the Maas river in Maastricht on Friday is that of a white woman aged 40 to 60, police said on Sunday. They have now appealed for help in identifying the woman in Belgium and Germany as well as the Netherlands because of Maastricht’s central location."

I don't think this two cases are connected
Arrest made in Maastricht suitcase murder - DutchNews.nl

Actually I thing we need people with a Mother tongue in Romanian, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Russian, Ukraine and other East European country's to explore the mostly unofficial missing persons cases in those country's.

Have to add that Interpol started the database in 2010

"Additionally, a project is under way to create the first ever police database to identify and link missing persons and unidentified bodies on an international level. The Fast and Efficient International Disaster Victim IDentification (FASTID) Project was launched in 2010 with an overall budget of almost EUR 3 million.

Led by INTERPOL and partly funded by the European Commission, the project will establish an international system to manage enquiries concerning missing persons and unidentified bodies in the event of disasters as well as day-to-day policing and will result in the creation of a global Missing Persons and Unidentified Bodies (MPUB) database."

Have to add that Interpol started the database in 2010

"Additionally, a project is under way to create the first ever police database to identify and link missing persons and unidentified bodies on an international level. The Fast and Efficient International Disaster Victim IDentification (FASTID) Project was launched in 2010 with an overall budget of almost EUR 3 million.

Led by INTERPOL and partly funded by the European Commission, the project will establish an international system to manage enquiries concerning missing persons and unidentified bodies in the event of disasters as well as day-to-day policing and will result in the creation of a global Missing Persons and Unidentified Bodies (MPUB) database."

Please always provide link to the sources. It is one of WS rules.

While Anita Swaak has very good resemblance and also circumstances to this Jane Doe she went missing in 1993 and Jane Doe was found in 2005. Definitely not her.

Eye colour is really not so relevant at this stage for finding potential matches.

I’ve been roaming through Interpol and here are some other possibilities I came across. Though I suppose they must have compared her to Interpol’s missing persons’ database already.

1) Tatiana Kunai, went missing in 2001 in Belarus when she was 16.
- INTERPOL

2) Anna Vidziailo, went missing in 2005 in Belarus at 14.
- INTERPOL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993