VT VT - Brianna Maitland, 17, Montgomery, 19 March 2004

I've followed Brianna's case on and off since seeing it on Disappeared a few years back - but only this week I came across a very detailed look at her case that includes interviews with her father, a private investigator who has worked on the case, her friends and also Tarik - who I believe posts here. It's well worth checking out the videos, and also I believe they did several podcasts about her case.

Crawlspace Podcast

I've followed Brianna's case on and off since seeing it on Disappeared a few years back - but only this week I came across a very detailed look at her case that includes interviews with her father, a private investigator who has worked on the case, her friends and also Tarik - who I believe posts here. It's well worth checking out the videos, and also I believe they did several podcasts about her case.

Crawlspace Podcast

I was sooo hopeful that they were going to crack her case. I check-in on it every couple of months and it looks like it's at a standstill :(

They brought attention to the case but that's about it, there is too much delay between the episodes and they don't seem to have a plan going forward.

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. Brianna, Maura Murray, and Molly Bish were my motivation to make an account. I'm only two years older than Brianna would have been. I can recall being young in the early 2000s and how easy it would have been for me to fall in with the wrong crowd myself. I don't remember exactly when I learned of the case but her photos and the picture of the barn have haunted me for a long time.

I have a husband and a child and when I think about her I think about how she should have those things as well.

Hoping for a Resolution,

Georgia

Thank you Georgia for your comment. Brianna had a loving family but she didn't have the best of surroundings growing up in an extremely rural area before social media became a thing with not much to do in her free time in terms of fun and safe hangouts. I've always believed that had the context at the time been different this wouldn't have happened. I am still involved in her case, it's just that it's at a standstill unless new information moves it forward. All the pieces are there but it's a huge puzzle.

This is not directly related to her but the Black Lantern Inn where she worked reopened a few months ago under new ownership.

Father of missing Vt. teen starts nonprofit to help families of missing people

Interview with Mr. Maitland (Brianna's father) as well as Glenn Hall of the Vermont State Police.

Jbetty567, you seem to know the facts of the case well in terms of who is helping who. I would love to talk to via inbox if possible.
Thanks for the link (which i will also post on the Sherman thread.)
From your link.
BURLINGTON, Vt. (WCAX) The father of Brianna Maitland, a Vermont teenager now missing for nearly 15 years, is starting a nonprofit organization to help families of missing people afford private investigators.

brianna+maitland.jpg

"I've gone through a lot of hell in life because of what happened to her," said Bruce Maitland, Brianna's father.

Brianna Maitland, a 17-year-old from Montgomery disappeared on March 19, 2004, after leaving work at the Black Lantern Inn. Her car was found a day later backed into a farmhouse. Police still say foul play is involved with various alleged sightings and tips to this day.

"We don't want to forget about these cases," says Maj. Glenn Hall with the Vermont State Police. "Unlike some cold cases, this is a case that we continue to receive active information on a yearly basis. Not as much as we did in the early stages of the investigation, but we still do receive tips on this case."

Hall says investigators are working on active leads right now, though he could not elaborate on what those leads are. Maitland says private investigators have also turned up leads.

"They do a lot of work that relieves the police from doing a lot of that," he said. "So both my investigators do work with the police and there's a point where it has to be turned over the police."
Father of missing Vt. teen starts nonprofit to help families of missing people

Do we have a time of the first confirmed sighting of her car at the barn? I know its been stated she clocked out/left around 11:20 but do we know when her car was first seen? Also, how close was the barn to the Black Lantern Inn?

Do we have a time of the first confirmed sighting of her car at the barn? I know its been stated she clocked out/left around 11:20 but do we know when her car was first seen? Also, how close was the barn to the Black Lantern Inn?
I believe the sightings started somewhere between 11.30am and 12.30am. The Dutchburn place, according to Google maps was about 1.4 miles from her workplace.

I believe the sightings started somewhere between 11.30am and 12.30am. The Dutchburn place, according to Google maps was about 1.4 miles from her workplace.
Thank you. So if the timeline is correct, whatever happened to Brianna happened in a quick hurry. I do tend to believe that someone was waiting for her in her car and blitzed her once she was on the road.

Thank you. So if the timeline is correct, whatever happened to Brianna happened in a quick hurry. I do tend to believe that someone was waiting for her in her car and blitzed her once she was on the road.
I think that's the most likely scenario - or she was followed from her workplace. It's been mentioned she was perhaps due to meet someone out there but Brianna seemed like she was probably pretty street smart, knew martial-arts.. I don't personally believe she would have willingly driven to that remote location in the dead of night on her own.

15 years of her disappearance is approaching next year, and I'm really disheartened that this case is still (seemingly) no closer to a resolution.

Nobody was waiting for her in her car but people were waiting for her on the road that night.

It seems like people knew what time Brianna was working until the night of her disappearance in order for them to stop her on her way home. So who knew her schedule and where she would be heading after work, the place she was living knew as I believe I read she informed them she would be heading home after work. Makes me wonder if they could be involved with her disappearance.

At the time of her disappearance she had been living with her friend for around 3 weeks I believe, has the family she was living with been looked at in this case, she might have seen things she shouldn't have in regards to local drug trafficking and people became nervous about her. Most towns have a local distributor for drug trafficking.

The ex-boyfriend said he passed her car on the side of the around in the early a.m. hours...IIRC it was around 3am I think?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back