WA WA - Samantha Sayers, 28, Vesper Peak, North Cascades, 1 August 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also what happened to KD? He had such a strong social media prescience, then he shut down his profile, minimal post and silence.
Maybe he didn't want people responding negatively to what he was posting. Seems like some got bent out of shape over the birthday celebration, etc. If I were him I'd have done the same. I'd not want people telling me how I should be acting in light of the situation. MOO.

Maybe he didn't want people responding negatively to what he was posting. Seems like some got bent out of shape over the birthday celebration, etc. If I were him I'd have done the same. I'd not want people telling me how I should be acting in light of the situation. MOO.
I haven't been to his page. Were people making rude comments on his posts?

Yes, rotten apple, I totally agree 100%. It’s exactly what I would’ve done, I thought it was totally appropriate. Flossy a few people called him out for not acting “sad enough” on her birthday. Immediately people came to his defense. He said something like I could delete the comment but it doesn’t phase me bevause I’m focused on the positive (paraphrasing).

Also what happened to KD? He had such a strong social media prescience, then he shut down his profile, minimal post and silence.

He’s been posting a lot on the #findsamsayers FB page, including live streams. This is just me, but his affect at times seems almost ‘too’ happy. JMO

Yes, rotten apple, I totally agree 100%. It’s exactly what I would’ve done, I thought it was totally appropriate. Flossy a few people called him out for not acting “sad enough” on her birthday. Immediately people came to his defense. He said something like I could delete the comment but it doesn’t phase me bevause I’m focused on the positive (paraphrasing).
Sometimes you have to put that kinda stuff aside and think big picture. If his SM presence was generating more interest and pressure on LE to search for her, I think he should put his feelings aside and do what he needs to do to find her. JMO

We unfortunately see tons of cases where the family shies away from posting and SM and literally there are no searches for the person...no publicity...no pressure on LE for answers. It's very very sad.

He’s been posting a lot on the #findsamsayers FB page, including live streams. This is just me, but his affect at times seems almost ‘too’ happy. JMO
Maybe he is sedated a bit. Like, given a anti-anxiety med? I mean, I have no idea if it is even remotely true, but when people are in these situations sometimes the medical teams do give the loved ones something for the panic. Just pure speculation.

Hrr my posted another update. She misunderstood. Sar did not go out today. They were planning to tomorrow. They were going to fly an “alpine dog” down in some kind of ravine where the tracker dogs indicated human smell. But we are blanketed in smoke in western Washington so they can’t fly in safely. They are sending a few hikers down and hoping to drop the dog and it’s handler on Tuesday, weather permitting. She said kind of exasperatedly they’ve look at the phone records, possibility of abduction and “the boyfriend”.

Paraphrasing.

They should post a map of the mountain to the FB group with an X marking where the air scent dogs hit.

re: foul play. Meredith Emerson down in Georgia was abducted off of Blood Mountain by SK Gary Michael Hilton about 10 years ago. She fought her abductor (she was trained in martial arts) but lost and he trussed her up and muzzled her for the walk out.

They should post a map of the mountain to the FB group with an X marking where the air scent dogs hit.

They set up a separate Facebook page that is linked to #findsamsayers for all of those who are looking to help. This page supposedly has maps and such for people who are able to go up to the mountain. The original page is a nightmare to sort through, so I think that they're trying to limit posts with maps, etc. to the volunteer Facebook page.

I'm so frustrated with the mass amounts of prayers and #today comments on every single post. They've asked that people keep those type of comments to 1 specific post that is pinned, but it is so hard to police 20,000 people. The relevant, useful comments get lost and it's so hard to keep up with updates.

I read somewhere the boyfriend was preparing to spend the next 20 days camped out on vesper. This may explain his social media disappearance.
My friend and I were talking about that. That doesn’t seem like the greatest plan..... what help will you be to her if you’re lost out there too, and why specifically 20 days? It would make more sense as a group, I would think. He’s been constantly saying to go out there with a buddy.

They weren’t able to search today. Too much wildfire smoke. Interesting update from Sam’s mom. They are looking at everything. I had no doubt about that.

I found this hard to watch. That poor woman. Her hand is shaking. It just breaks my heart. She seems like a strong person. I can't imagine having to deal with this kind of thing. Please let them get some answers soon.

I found this hard to watch. That poor woman. Her hand is shaking. It just breaks my heart. She seems like a strong person. I can't imagine having to deal with this kind of thing. Please let them get some answers soon.
I agree. It hurt my heart. I have two young children of my own, I just can’t imagine, and the not knowing has got to be so much worse. :(

My friend and I were talking about that. That doesn’t seem like the greatest plan..... what help will you be to her if you’re lost out there too, and why specifically 20 days? It would make more sense as a group, I would think. He’s been constantly saying to go out there with a buddy.
Indeed. And he HAS been posting a lot on Facebook at #findsamsayers.

A few years ago there was a tragic story about a young woman hiker who became injured on a hike and s friend who she was with fell and died trying to help her. She was found the next day by some climbers and subsequently rescued, but even though she was in close proximity to them they did not see her at first. In fact, while they were enjoying their climb, she is actually visible in the background of some of their photos. She had been RIGHT THERE and they didn’t see her at first.

The article here has the photos:
Meet The Three Hikers Who Saved A Woman's Life On A Hiking Trail | HuffPost

It just strikes me that if Samantha is injured she could be very close by and still not found. The hiker story above haunts me thinking of how she almost wasn’t noticed.
A few years ago there was a tragic story about a young woman hiker who became injured on a hike and s friend who she was with fell and died trying to help her. She was found the next day by some climbers and subsequently rescued, but even though she was in close proximity to them they did not see her at first. In fact, while they were enjoying their climb, she is actually visible in the background of some of their photos. She had been RIGHT THERE and they didn’t see her at first.

The article here has the photos:
Meet The Three Hikers Who Saved A Woman's Life On A Hiking Trail | HuffPost

It just strikes me that if Samantha is injured she could be very close by and still not found. The hiker story above haunts me thinking of how she almost wasn’t noticed.
OMG! Eevee Pie! Wow, Thank you for sharing that story! Sure puts a lot in prospective! Strong As Sam!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge