Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot help but feel that her flight being delayed may have had something to do with the murders. He states that she got home at “1:48 AM”.. that is what stuck out to me in his interview. That is waaaay to precise, so he was obviously waiting up (pacing, watching the clock). Most people would say she got home “around 1:45 AM” or “a little before 2 in the morning”. He knew the minute she walked in that door.

So her keys were actually left in the car? That's an interesting detail. Why didn't she bring them into the house?

I have read the keys were in the house with the cell phone. Plus she did not use her car because her work friend dropped her off at 2am and she went directly into the home which her friend saw her wave and close the door.

Thank you for posting this interview with NU (AKA NA). I have to say, hearing her side of things has changed my mind. I have been imagining that SW was the one who wanted to leave, and that that her 6 week trip to NC may have been a trial separation. After watching NU/NA's interview, I think it was CW who had decided to move on.

Same here...my thoughts exactly (CW was distant)

Officials to release possible motive for Watts family killings

Authorities expected to release affidavit explaining why they think Chris Watts killed his family

"Shanann was reported missing on Aug. 13 by her friend Nickole Atkinson after she missed a doctor's appointment.

Atkinson said she felt something was off and called police.

Atkison spoke exclusively with Good Morning America (GMA), saying things almost seemed too perfect.

Tune in to GMA Monday morning where she will be speaking out on troubling signs and the moment she told Christopher she was calling police."

This morning's interview with SW's good friend Nickole has definitely changed my perspective. From what she said, it sounds like CW was the one who had "checked out." We know he wiped his SM accounts a week prior to the murders, he had become more fit in recent months, and, according to Nickole, his attitude toward his wife & kids had changed enough that SW was beginning to suspect infidelity. This completely changes motive in my mind.
What if CW was planning on returning home and setting the scene for abduction, then disappearing himself? I believe that they were about to forfeit the home in their bankruptcy. It would've been easy to disappear, perhaps with a mistress...

This morning's interview with SW's good friend Nickole has definitely changed my perspective. From what she said, it sounds like CW was the one who had "checked out." We know he wiped his SM accounts a week prior to the murders, he had become more fit in recent months, and, according to Nickole, his attitude toward his wife & kids had changed enough that SW was beginning to suspect infidelity. This completely changes motive in my mind.
What if CW was planning on returning home and setting the scene for abduction, then disappearing himself? I believe that they were about to forfeit the home in their bankruptcy. It would've been easy to disappear, perhaps with a mistress...

*sigh*. I don’t understand why these men don’t just get a divorce. I know articles have been posted about why they kill but do most men who kill their families get away with it? Murder is such an extreme option. Cases like these have made me not judge deadbeat fathers as much who don’t pay child support or see their kids. My thought is “ at least they didn’t kill their family”.

During this interview one of our questions has been answered. Atkinson says, there was no movement after I dropped her off until 5 when CW left for work. So he took all 3 together to his place of work. I truly hope SW did not witness her children being murdered or see what he had done when she arrived home. Dear Lord.

BBM

Not necessarily. He could have disposed of them Sunday evening before Nicole dropped her home. She doesn't mention movement before 2am.

It is a Good Morning America video but was on the Daily Beast website. I thought it had all the info wrong because it was saying that CW told the friend that they were going to separate. I thought it was SW stating problems, not CW. So I used a different browser to try to open GMA, Chrome will not connect me. Yes it is written that CW was saying this to Nickola. I thought Daily beast was like Radar on line.

I looked it up: A factual search reveals that the Daily Beast has failed a fact check, however when brought to their attention, they issued a correction to the story. By issuing a correction they remain High for factual reporting.

I've also been looking for a GMA video which has an interview with Nickole Lutoft - if anyone has a link, would be grateful.

Apols if the link has been posted - can't keep up with the thread

Also noticed that CW seems to have a son. I won't post his name here for obvious reasons.
There are Xmas photos from 2010 on one of her SM accounts but I'm not allowed to post it on the thread ( For clarity, am assuming he would now be a young teenager, am not suggesting that he wanted to move back to his ex etc.)

Last edited:
I cannot help but feel that her flight being delayed may have had something to do with the murders. He states that she got home at “1:48 AM”.. that is what stuck out to me in his interview. That is waaaay to precise, so he was obviously waiting up (pacing, watching the clock). Most people would say she got home “around 1:45 AM” or “a little before 2 in the morning”. He knew the minute she walked in that door.
He probably was up. I also think the neighbor’s security video had timestamps on when she came through the front door, wnen he backed the truck into the garage and when he drove away.

SO WHAT'S DIFFERENT?
As I'm mulling this over with the rest of you... What's different? He went from a doting partner/dad (who wanted another baby) to their murderer. What caused the big morph?
I read upthread that she was gone 6 weeks. Im going to guess that her newly found freedom was leading to a breakup... or a perceived breakup.

So her keys were actually left in the car? That's an interesting detail. Why didn't she bring them into the house?

She did have to bring them into the house, because that is how she got in at 2 am. If it is true that they were found in the car, I think she was trying to leave. He said that her last words to him were that she was going to a friend's house. This is the same thing he was telling NA the next day when NA was concerned enough to call police for a welfare check. NA said that he couldn't (wouldn't) tell her what friend.

Unless he had already disposed of the girls' bodies before Shannan got home? Those cameras will help nail him. Interesting that Atkinson did not know about the separation from SW. Seems to indicate that story might have been a reason for CW to explain her disappearance.

BBM, I agree.

Because of NU’s (or NA- which one is it really?!) recent interview, I’m definitely in the camp that he was having an affair and wanted to “wipe the slate clean” so-to-speak so he could run off with her. Very Scott Peterson-esque but without the manipulative charm. Why his kids though, why :( You fall so in love with another woman that you stop loving your kids even? I just can’t.

I've also been looking for a GMA video which has an interview with Nickole Lutoft - if anyone has a link, would be grateful.

Apols if the link has been posted - can't keep up with the thread

You have the last name wrong, it's "Utoft". She is the same person as the GMA from today. Most articles have her as Atkinson, only one I saw with Utoft.

Friends Called Cops After Chris Watts’ Wife and Daughters Disappeared
Back in Colorado last Monday, a friend dropped Shanann off at the couple’s home on Saratoga Trail in Frederick after a quick work trip. That friend, Nickole Utoft, is the last person to have seen Shanann alive, besides Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708