Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends Called Cops After Chris Watts’ Wife and Daughters Disappeared
8/19/18

A law-enforcement source previously told The Daily Beast that Watts was “cavalier” in his interview with cops and feds.

That night, Watts opened his home to the FBI and police so that they could collect evidence. He slept over at a family friend’s house. The friend, Nick Thayer, told ABC News that Chris was “concerned about how people were viewing him.” Thayer did not want to believe that his friend would kill his own family. They had been close family friends, even spending holidays together.

“We thought maybe Shanann had just left,” Thayer said.

Still, the Thayers thought it was odd that Shanann had left her cellphone and car keys behind. This led them to contact a detective with their concerns after Chris left the house to pick up his father at the airport.

THIS is why I mentioned yesterday I was trying to see what they took from the house in their clear storage containers! And exactly.... I still hope and would suspect the Prosecution will be prepared for this with actual statistics from the company themselves:
So out of 1.4 million customers (I made this number up as example only), only one person murdered their family? Exactly.
And how many of us here drink more than one cup of coffee a day. Ridiculous to me, but I guess it is their job to put on a defense.

C.W. has a Public Defender. I think this is going to be a Death Penalty Case. Just a hunch.

IMO this case seems so different and awful is because they seemed like a normal family, like a family I might be friends with having two small children myself. I would never admit this out loud or to anyone else cause they might look too much into it but this case actually had me thinking, "well sh** if this "normal seeming" guy could do something like this, could my husband?" Then I have to talk myself back to reality, that no he couldn't and I'm thinking crazy.

SO WHAT'S DIFFERENT?
As I'm mulling this over with the rest of you... What's different? He went from a doting partner/dad (who wanted another baby) to their murderer. What caused the big morph?
I read upthread that she was gone 6 weeks. Im going to guess that her newly found freedom was leading to a breakup... or a perceived breakup.
I think he has a girlfriend. That's what's different. Someone she thought was a friend of hers. There is someone that I have suspected of having a affair with him. It will be interesting to see if I was right when it all comes out. And I believe it will all come out.

I assumed he had a Ring doorbell that said the exact time and when he prepared for the interview, he noted the exact time.

Yes and he had spoken to police who no doubt wanted the precise time, and it was easy to ascertain from his doorbell app.

I would like to know what happened three weeks prior.

Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband not 'shocked' by his arrest

I know that Chris and her were having some issues about three weeks prior to everything happening. But as far as the social media and what actually went on behind closed doors I don't know.

“He wasn't being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn't touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn't being as attentive to the girls as he normally is,” she added.

But “3 weeks prior to everything happening” SW was across the country in NC, without CW, who was only there for the first week of the 6-week visit. I am a bit confused how it could have been observed that CW “wasn’t touching or hugging or doing stuff like that” 3 weeks prior to them returning from NC when they were not all in the same place then. Am I off here?

But “3 weeks prior to everything happening” SW was across the country in NC, without CW, who was only there for the first week of the 6-week visit. I am a bit confused how it could have been observed that CW “wasn’t touching or hugging or doing stuff like that” 3 weeks prior to them returning from NC when they were not all in the same place then. Am I off here?
Friend of SW- Nicole, I believe- was told this by SW herself.

SW mentions in one of her tweets that she was a nanny to a sweet little boy in 2010. I believe that is the child you are referencing.

In another tweet she mentions move to Colorado and C.W. learning how to install floors with a friends husband while visiting with two children.
They also appear on her IG very early on and throughout with hashtags to mention this friend. I do not believe they are related to C.W. at all.

Not that this in any way justifies his actions, but could he have not wanted more kids, especially due to their financial problems, and felt his trust was violated when she became pregnant this time, thinking she was on birth control? That and potentially developing another relationship while she was away for those weeks as has been discussed?

First. Now is not the time.

Second the statutes cannot be changed st this point to effective date anything prior to the time they were killed.

I suggest you may want to research this AND speak to a LEGAL REVISOR of STATUTES FOR THE STATE OF COLORADO. I SUGGEST YOU CALL YOUR STATE SENATOR or REPRESENTATIVE.

I do not believe this is the correct way to do this. Although your heart may be in the right place you might be wasting your time.

Comments with respect.
First, it's as good a time as any.

Second, I'm not in the state of Colorado. Thankfully criminal law in Louisiana extends to the unborn.

Not that this in any way justifies his actions, but could he have not wanted more kids, especially due to their financial problems, and felt his trust was violated when she became pregnant this time, thinking she was on birth control? That and potentially developing another relationship while she was away for those weeks as has been discussed?

She has stated on social media that he convinced her to have a third. For whatever that's worth.

Maybe he snapped in a drunken rage for whatever reason. My ex tried to kill me in a drunken rage. We had been texting he was out and I thought cheating we were separated but trying to work it out. He broke in and strangled me in front of our children I only survived because I had called for help when I heard him breaking in. He doesn't remember anything. So maybe CW sat at home fuming and drinking she got home they started arguing and it led to that. I am not sure if he drank but people never suspected my ex would do that. He was a coach and a teacher. It just doesn't make sense for CW to go off the deep end without some kind of substance i.e. Alcohol or drugs.

I'm trying to back off my distaste for the interview N did. I really am. I think her heart is good and if she hadn't raised an alarm, we'd all still be wondering and might be forever. But I do heartily think that LeVel needs to step in and tell all S's "people" that she was a valued member who will be greatly missed and they've got her people this month. Let them grieve without worrying about their stupid down line. It was obvious she was well-loved.

I also think this will be a DP case. And I think it will be some kind of combo of the Thrive/Christian Longo defense. And I'm guessing that he's been doing the Thrive for a while, so wouldn't a negative reaction already have happened?

Still nada from his family? I can't say I blame them and they must be hurting so much as well.

“Family members convinced him to turn himself in”
Lots of details in this article

this quote struck me

“We thought maybe Shanann had just left,” Thayer said.

My first thought was that is a pretty stunning statement related to a family that is so supposedly happy. Would that thought cross your minds for a family that you believed was on cloud 9?

— Friend Nick Thayer

sorry
if posted

Family members who wish not to be identified say they overheard arguments about money

this fits, IMO, the way the backseat car scene hit me (written taught rehearsed by adult for a SM premiere in the future - keep that image rolling)

My daddy is a hero. He helps me grow up strong...he reads me books, he ties my shoes...” Before the video ends, Shannon’s voice can be heard for an instant praising the child.

watch the child near the end -becoming anxious of "not doing it correctly"
part of the online show

First time i heard this that the blankets were off the kids beds. Little brain goes that is strange feels like a panicked person . If he was planning all this why did not have blankets ready somewhere? Seemed last ditch grab whatever panic. Then i thought well i guess he figured he could take care of that after work.

That alone if I were him , if i remembered the blankets were missing would cause me to haul butt home!

Planning is one s head , one would think if any of us were doing we would know we are going to need things to transport three bodies .

So you guys were correct the plane being late, in conjunction with friend at the door effed up everything for him.

Watts drove from the Thayers to pick up his father from the airport. Did not know this --

sounds shallow -- but i did not know he had a public defender - the guy was sharp I just expected someone that old and dressed that way and super polite with the judge was a seasoned expensive def attorney!

autopsies were completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members