Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope so! Police want to hear from everyone who was in any of those five locations at the specified time and day. Hopefully everyone was paying attention and can describe what they saw.
Well...if someone did see something.....I do not think they would keep it secret....with all the publicity about this case....telling what they saw or know would almost give them some fame....but maybe LE has told them not to speak to anyone....I know it has happened where I live and eventually someone leaks stuff.

Yes, there was, the pic the boy friend opened around 10 PM. Maybe I'm getting this wrong 'cause we don't know when the pic was taken. My point is, the BF saw the pic, taken when?, who knows. Later is my GUESS. Guesses ain't always good.

...and LE, by this point in time, knows exactly when SC was sent, hence "no creditable communication" since she was jogging. SC will have a record of when this SC was sent, if not the SC itself. I'm sure that all app providers are busting buns to help LE with legitimate requests about this case. They have kids, and this is not the moral high-ground from which to take a stand on digital rights. Good call Trident!

@otto, you were volunteering to change up the map of the 5 locations yesterday and I wonder if you could map these three addresses (relative to the dots) with cell phone tower locations? If asking too much, please disregard.

612 W Des Moines St, Brooklyn, IA 52211
3797 200th St, Brooklyn, IA 52211
1295 200th Ave, Sigourney, IA 52591

Like this? I posted this yesterday. It is labeled with the name of the person who requested it, and includes the points of interest in order of interest.

Attachments

• Mollie Fascinated1_Map.jpg
    Mollie Fascinated1_Map.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 108
Something else that I always try to think about is: In many cases that take a while to solve, you find out that LE knew some very important info nearly from the beginning. I wonder what all LE knows that they aren’t willing to share? No reason to speculate, just a rhetorical? I’ve been thinking about.
I totally agree- I think they’ve had the timeline nailed since day two or three. Plenty of digital data and time stamps to use...the triangulation of it all has to be within their capabilities. There’s a reason why they’re keeping it close to the vest. I think they’re watching someone and waiting. JMO

Well...if someone did see something.....I do not think they would keep it secret....with all the publicity about this case....telling what they saw or know would almost give them some fame....but maybe LE has told them not to speak to anyone....I know it has happened where I live and eventually someone leaks stuff.

We do know that there was a witness sighting of Mollie jogging East on W. Pershing Drive. That may well be the last credible sighting of her.

I keep thinking about the idea of someone familiar with Brooklyn, but not from Brooklyn.

In another thread that got us to thinking about companies like the NAPA auto store where people are running to get things from various mechanic shops, or even to transfer product between branches.

Are there any other companies like that in Brooklyn? I know it's a small town, but the type of place where people from another town would go to frequently to pick things up/drop things off, or even something else with multiple branches & locations where they may be transferring products?

I tend to believe the last known verifiable physical contact was when her brother dropped her off, witnesses who claim to see her running can get days confused especially since it was days after LE took over, iirc

The last know communication was with her mother when she answered “ok” to dinner which was around 7:30.

The SC she sent her boyfriend is still in question to us since a send time has not been established only an open time has.
Maybe. Unless the perp sent the ok text.

OK, let's take another track, any track that may bring Mollie home.

Who would be invisible in that town? What car, what person, would have aroused NO suspicion, but been seen at the truck stop and the car wash?

Maybe someone called to her from a store along the way, she went over and they grabbed her. We need to think, think, think. Although we are given nothing to think with, but is anyone in that town a registered sex offender? Did anyone go on vacation a day or 2 after she went missing?

questions:

If the carwash CCTV system were functioning normally, would it record a person jogging or running along 2nd or Clay streets between 7-9 pm. and preserve (or not overwrite) data that until police asked for it.

If it was capable of capturing the imagery of a passing jogger and she was not on it, then that tells us something.
maybe. we aren't privy to type of camera exactly, type of lens, how angled, are they even real cameras. I think they would be real. as for how long saved, we don't know enough about that either. can count on it not being on film. likely not on tape. depends on hard drive size, and the better the pic quality and the more cameras the less ongoing time it can hold. 8 cameras on a 1TB drive would do between 1 week and 30 days depending on if they are recording EVERY SECOND or maybe they only record 58 seconds out of a min, maybe they are in hd , we don't know.

Yes, you are right. Why are you curious about 1295 200th Ave, Sigourney, IA 52591?

There is a substation there. I am trying to work through an earlier theory that I back-burnered because of the whole (unable to verify) co-op cameras were struck by lightning thing. It (my theory) was never fully developed, and still isn't, so I hesitate to say more.

questions:

If the carwash CCTV system were functioning normally, would it record a person jogging or running along 2nd or Clay streets between 7-9 pm. and preserve (or not overwrite) data that until police asked for it.

If it was capable of capturing the imagery of a passing jogger and she was not on it, then that tells us something.
There are variables here we don’t know... I just so happen to have a side gig maintaining security cameras at a carwash probably 40 miles from Brooklyn. The carwash I work for is generally not staffed, same as the Brooklyn carwash. The owner’s interest is to capture people vandalizing, trying to break into the change box, and being able to check in via mobile to see if there’s a problem. The cameras are almost certainly trained on the coin areas and wash bays. They might incidentally capture vehicles passing by in the background, but the resolution and angle of those images are going to make identification difficult at best.

They (LE) said ping from Fit Bit at one point, though we have since been told by many that these gadgets do not “ping” but something seems to have done so.

True, the FitBit syncs, not pings, I'm wondering if the last sync was at the southerly red dot and one of the devices (or arm band) was found at the northerly dot. Or possibly the phone's 'goodbye' ping as it was shut off was located at the northerly one, but with no cell towers in that dot's vicinity I'm guessing one of the items was found there.

Do you think she could have stopped at the BF’s house before going to her moms house and grabbed a work shirt and only some cash to bring to the fair because she didn't want to bring a wallet and that's why a red shirt was found and her wallet was at the BF’s house?

claire_parker, the fair didn't start til the 9th of August I think it was. But I do think for some reason she went back to the house and got her red shirt. But I can't figure out a scenario that explains WHY.

Question with pinned tweet for people that new her has it been pinned for a long time or only recently if its a recent pin to top then it is very signifigant. It extremely odd that someone was tweeting about an odd approach and then goes missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member