Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if CW abused any of them before? How did SW get neck/ back injury and neckbrace? Had he been rough before?

While we wait for the affidavit, I have a question. IF more information is released in the affidavit than was released in the presser, why is that? Why would they not answer questions (i.e. about motive) in the presser and then release info. in an affidavit?

(Hypothetical at this point)
Maybe to save dad and brother from more grief even though they know allot?

I really think, based on the Defense's request for swabs of girls' necks/fingernail clippings of SW, the defense theory is going to be that SW strangled/otherwise murdered the girls, and that CW came upon the scene and then killed SW.

Sorry if this postulation has already been discussed ad nauseam. It's just so infuriating that he's likely going to attempt to attack one of the last things SW has left: her reputation as a loving mother.

Is the charge for unwanted termination of a pregnancy because in the St of CO he cannot be charged with murder for the unborn child? This might be the maximum charge they can go for with the unborn child. This entire topic was hugely debated in CO over the past few years in the legislature. Any atty's out there that can clear this up?

That is exactly what it appears to me to be. A compromise bill.

While we wait for the affidavit, I have a question. IF more information is released in the affidavit than was released in the presser, why is that? Why would they not answer questions (i.e. about motive) in the presser and then release info. in an affidavit?

(Hypothetical at this point)

That's what I'm wondering. Makes me think there's not much in the affidavit.

@gitana1 what does the BBM part mean? Is it the motive?

On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts, believing that an official proceeding was pending, in progress, or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings; in violation of section 18-8-610.5, C.R.S.

It means to interfere with a coming investigation by hiding the bodies.

@gitana1 what does the BBM part mean? Is it the motive?

On or about August 13, 2018, Christopher Lee Watts, believing that an official proceeding was pending, in progress, or about to be instituted, and acting without legal right or authority, unlawfully and feloniously willfully destroyed, mutilated, concealed, removed, or altered a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings; in violation of section 18-8-610.5, C.R.S.

BBM is internet shorthand for "Bolded By Me". Just saw that no one had answered that!

Is the charge for unwanted termination of a pregnancy because in the St of CO he cannot be charged with murder for the unborn child? This might be the maximum charge they can go for with the unborn child. This entire topic was hugely debated in CO over the past few years in the legislature. Any atty's out there that can clear this up?

Yes, that's how I understood it - it's not what I originally thought ( many of us thought the charge pdf was saying he had tried to terminate the pregnancy and so she had died.) See video bumped

My heart goes out to SW family!
Could this mean a possible petition for separation/divorce proceedings, by Shanann ?
I sincerely hope this was the case......then SW would of got the last word in!!! No happiness on anything involved in this. But would prove SW did a voice before she was silenced forever.

This is what the DP looks like!!
Oh man if he were in Texas
Jmo
I don't believe CO has death penalty. There was chatter this weekend that the legislature might take up the issue again in order to make it an option for this case. Not sure of legal technicalities of this as I am not an atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave