Bones

Dr. Donald Simley testified about the teeth. His testimony starts here: http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...Trial-Transcript-Day-13-2007Feb28.pdf#page=59

in the post conviction brief KZ filed, it does state the following:

30. To support the identification of Ms. Halbach as the cremains in Mr. Avery's burn pit, Mr.
Kratz relied upon the testimony of forensic dentist Dr. Donald Simley ("Dr. Simley"),
who could not positively identify the only tooth recovered as belonging to Ms. Halbach,
but testified that the identification "was as close to a positive match" as one could get,
given that there was only one tooth available to be identified.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...Motion-for-Post-Conviction-Relief.pdf#page=40

Out of all the tooth fragments, after gluing a few pieces together, that's what Simley used to identify it as TH's. So I guess that's what KZ was meaning when she said 29 teeth not found (although, there is 32 adult teeth? Maybe TH only had 30?)?

Good job missy, that is exactly the info. i was looking for lol. I remembered about the one tooth that supposedly identified TH forensically, but couldn't find the info.

Good job missy, that is exactly the info. i was looking for lol. I remembered about the one tooth that supposedly identified TH forensically, but couldn't find the info.

www.stevenaverycase.org is my go to!!! It has all the documents....trial transcripts, photo's, court documents :) I used to be able to just pull this stuff up without looking too far, but I'm out of practice haha

Sadly, so many of the items come from a box, a bucket, or a tarp.

It's a real pity the materials were not forensically photographed and examined in situ.

Sadly, so many of the items come from a box, a bucket, or a tarp.

It's a real pity the materials were not forensically photographed and examined in situ.

Yep, there is no way to know what came from where in the burn pit. Shoot, don't even know if the bones in the barrel or barrel's were on the top, the middle, the bottom. I read the discussion going on in the "steven avery guilty?" thread and I don't know how anyone can argue that the burn pit was handled correctly, or argue where the bones were and weren't when no one documented anything, so no one actually knows.

Also, in that worksheet, it does indicate that the bones found in the quarry may have been returned to the Halbach's. Property tag #8675

and another note... tag #8140 possible human bone ... barrel #4! I found that also when I started looking at the barrels, there is a thread here somewhere with the barrel's too ;-)

When LE and the attorney's were going through the exhibit's and returning what they could to the Halbach's, both #8675 (the quarry bones) and #8140 (barrel #4 bones) were referred to as human bone. It is unclear which bones or exhibits were handed over, I have read that they were all returned to them, but I don't know that to be 100% true. That can be read here in the CASO report:

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/CASO-Investigative-Report.pdf#page=1114

there is not 1 single photo from that bunch of bones, as it was found?
did they find them in the pit or in the barrel?

there is not 1 single photo from that bunch of bones, as it was found?
did they find them in the pit or in the barrel?

Apparently some were found in the fire pit next to the propane tank, and some were in burn barrels. Some burnt bones were also found off site.

To the best of my memory.

exhibit-burn-pit-chair-frame.jpg

There is some discussion about the lack of forensic documentation in the collection of these ashes in this blog post:

Inconsistencies with “discovery” of bones in burn pit – Steven Avery case

so... even the DNA experts of the FBI could only say, that TH cannot be ruled out as the source of the charred remains.
that's not what the press heard, obviously.

so they tested a bit of bone with not so clear results... and then, when they wanted to test some other pieces of bones - they couldn't. because too much heat will destroy DNA (why did i never think of that..) there's a whole study on why you cannot do that.

WTF?

is this it? where's the supposed 100% DNA match - TH/bones?

teresa didn't wear any kind of earrings... or piercings? something that could have survived the fire and was missed by.. well, whoever did it.
also, and this might be a little disgusting, but, if a whole body burns... don't you have, at least some kind of biological material, remnants, at the bottom end of the barrel, that you could detect with luminol, or something like that... not detectable with the naked eye.

let me guess - they didn't even bother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back