Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he confess initially and then change his story? At one point it seemed that her family was told that HE confessed ?
He confessed to killing his wife and he confessed that he disposed of his children's bodies. Police don't believe his story about his children's death, they're quite convinced he murdered them too. It's pretty typical for perps to confess to part of the crime, but lie about the part they're most ashamed of.

Still baffled that he had no social media presence. Seems like even if he deactivated his accounts there would still be remnants here and there.

If he only just deleted it, (and it's actually deleted not deactivated in which case it still exists it's just hidden from view in a way) law enforcement would be able to get the stuff directly from Facebook or wherever still. However they'll need to get on it soon. Facebook don't keep deleted profiles forever (they're no longer making money from you because they can't serve ads to you, so there's no incentive to keep it forever. I think they say it takes 90 days)

You know how people say when something's on the internet it's there forever? It's so not. I wish!!! It's actually really easy to get rid of stuff if you want it gone. There are forums I used to visit in the early 00s that I would love to read but they're so totally gone. Even the Wayback Machine only has a few pages here or there. Sure there might be some screenshots on some people's private drives but the entirety is gone. Storage isn't free or infinite. Nor is it failsafe unless made redundant at least twice over.

I wonder if they caught her on neighbors camera coming to house while SW was gone
They may have. The document notes that the neighbor's camera captured SW's car leaving the garage at 1:48 am but doesn't mention what time the car returned or who was driving. He may have had assistance with body disposal.

If you walk in on your wife, trying to strangle your babies, you knock the wife out, and then CALL 911 FOR HELP.

If you do snap and kill the wife, you can still call 911 and tell them she was killing you children and you were defending them.

You don't cram the babies dead bodies into an empty tool box and drive them to your job site, and stick them down a crude oil well, and then put on your favorite Tar Heels T-shirt, and smile for the tv cam the next morning.

They may have. The document notes that the neighbor's camera captured SW's car leaving the garage at 1:48 am but doesn't mention what time the car returned or who was driving. He may have had assistance with body disposal.

That might be the video footage that nails him. He'd have to have a good reason to drive away, and leave two very young girls ALONE at 2 am.

Apologies for asking something that’s probably been answered a bunch of times but this moves so fast it’s hard to keep up.

What time does CW usually start work?
I swear there was a media story a day or two ago saying a neighbor witnessed him out by his truck at 5 something that morn, and noted that he usually doesn't leave for work that early in the morning.
ETA sorry I am having trouble linking -but it's around page 6 of the Media Thread.

Last edited:
I swear there was a media story a day or two ago saying a neighbor witnessed him out by his truck at 5 something that morn, and noted that he usually doesn't leave for work that early in the morning.
Yes, something about the neighbour leaving every day at that time for the gym and that CW does not leave for work that early...

I thought the affidavit says the video caught the friend’s car leaving at 1:48–his didn’t move until 5:27?

Sorry, I’m confused by this. What is this re: SW car and 1:48am? Monday? I thought her friend dropped her home from the airport at around this time.

Quoting myself... there's no reasonable expectation of privacy in a police station except when you are talking to your attorney. If CW talked to his dad in an interrogation room, it's possible it was taped.
Case in point is Amber Hilberling who pushed her husband from a high rise. She hadn't been charged but was in the interrogation room with her grandmother who was feeding her info on what to say and not say. Her defense tried to suppress those tapes and lost.

In Colorado it's a separate crime to kill a child under 12 when in a position of authority. So 3 murder charges (1 for each person), and 2 of the additional child murder charges (for each child).

Is it really a separate crime, or are they just charging with two different theories of the same crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288