Found Deceased OH - Amy Hambrick, 29, Youngstown, 11 Nov 2017

It sounds very sad. Her mom's Facebook post said Amy has a serious drug addiction. There are three different scenarios that could happen when an addict goes missing. Very troubling.

1/15/21 Skeletal remains found on roadside in Youngstown , OH (same city Amy is missing from). Confirmed to be human, not known if male or female.

Youngstown police investigate human skeletal remains found by Salt Springs Road and Oneta Avenue

Unfortunately not Amy:

Investigators found the body of Kricket Rinebold, 38, in the area of Salt Springs Road and Oneta Avenue on January 13

Investigators identify woman whose remains were found by Youngstown roadway | WKBN.com

Sadly, in 2022 it seems Amy is still missing from Facebook post and family/friends.
It is very sad. I connected with a relative the other day who is still searching for her with little information to go on. I found that article in a quick search and was astounded by the number of unsolved missing cases from the one area, so I wanted to bring Amy's case back up. There was a lot of judgement in earlier posts about her past, but that should not matter. It certainly does not change the fact that she has a family that loves her and still does not have answers. Very sad.

It is very sad. I connected with a relative the other day who is still searching for her with little information to go on. I found that article in a quick search and was astounded by the number of unsolved missing cases from the one area, so I wanted to bring Amy's case back up. There was a lot of judgement in earlier posts about her past, but that should not matter. It certainly does not change the fact that she has a family that loves her and still does not have answers. Very sad.
Agree with all that you said. Very sad.
It seems there are no updates from her missing page since January.

(We are offering a $2000 reward to anyone that can give us information on Amy's whereabouts. You can REMAIN ANONYMOUS. Any info at all please call the tip line at (330) 746-CLUE or contact the YPD)

My heart goes out to the family.

Remains found in August have been identified as Amy.

Video of press conference at link.

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (WKBN) — Police say a set of remains found last month belong to a woman missing since 2017.

At a press conference this morning, police announced the remains belong to Amy Hambrick, 29, who was last seen in November 2017. She was supposed to meet up at a friend’s house in North Jackson, but her family said she never made it.

Her remains were found Aug. 26 in a wooded area of the East Side off of Thorn Hill.

*eta:
Amy Hambrick

The bones were discovered wrapped in cloth in a wooded area off Thorn Hill Road, which runs between Hubbard Road and Lansdowne Boulevard.

Last edited:
Police in Youngstown, Ohio, said a woman looking for her lost dog came across bones on Aug. 26. The bones were discovered “wrapped up in a large cloth” in a wooded area, Capt. Jason Simon said. The remains have since been identified as Amy Hambrick, who went missing in November 2017, police said in the news briefing streamed by WKBN.

Her cause of death has not been determined. Officers continue to investigate what was previously a cold case. “Today is going to be an opportunity for us to provide closure to this family,” Youngstown Mayor Jamael Tito Brown said during the news briefing on Tuesday, Sept. 13.

Regardless of a victims's lifestyle, it is always a tragedy when someone's loved one goes missing. I don't know AH, I don't the issues she faced in life, but I do know that she is a person; a daughter, a mother, a cousin, a friend. She mattered.

I'm so grateful that her remains have been found for the family's sake, and if foul play was involved, I hope there is justice for Amy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back