Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning. I am at work, and just read the news. I wanted to come on here and say that I'm terribly sorry and horribly heartbroken. I was hopeful that this would not be the case. Stay strong, everybody, and after a PC hopefully we have more pieces of this puzzle to talk about in hopes of finding out who harmed this sweet girl, and bringing justice and peace for her family.

When I saw the notice, I thought for sure the last word would be "alive." What a kick in the gut. Prayers to everyone who loved her, and that includes all of you who have "adopted" her as your own. What a beautiful life lost.

I am glad there will be some sort of closure for her family, but just crushing.

By the Fox correspondent Matt Finn having two sources and he said said the money will now be transferred to tracking down the killer, I guess we can assume that no one cracked and they have no clue who the killer is? I am also assuming they have already determined it was a homicide by using the phrase "the killer". I mean, it was unlikely, but until this news broke - there was still a chance that she was walking/jogging and had a medical issue or fell somewhere, etc. Now it appears to me a killer is on the loose.

Realistically, LE must have found her a while back and it's just been confirmed that it was her OR she was murdered recently and when they found her she was still recognizable. They wouldn't announce this unless they were sure it was her.

Two things are unusual about this, different than other cases that I remember:

Usually doesn’t LE make the statement/announcement?

Doesn’t the announcement usually reference the phrase “pending positive identification” or similar wording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie