Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
and sources say is usually followed by on a condition of anonymity since they were not supposed to speak to the press about it
Well, LE has already announced a press conference for 5pm Iowa time today with details.

Also, tons of news agencies are reporting it on Twitter and have been for the past half hour so they must have been given permission to release the info.

I’m so sorry this is the outcome. I couldn’t help but think she didn’t survive ... but there’s always hope that she would be one who could survive the odds, who could come back home.

My sorrow is balanced by anger. I want them to catch whoever is at fault for Mollie and her family.

Two things are unusual about this, different than other cases that I remember:

Usually doesn’t LE make the statement/announcement?

Doesn’t the announcement usually reference the phrase “pending positive identification” or similar wording?
Yes, but for all we know, they found her body days ago. If not, there must be an identifier that left no room for error.

Realistically, LE must have found her a while back and it's just been confirmed that it was her OR she was murdered recently and when they found her she was still recognizable. They wouldn't announce this unless they were sure it was her.

That’s what I’m thinking, usually it’s that they found remains yet to be indenified right?

Oh man, I like many of you am just crushed.
I always hope for the best and try to prepare for the worst but it just hits so bloody hard in reality.
Rest in peace Mollie may God give your family and friends and everybody who cared the strength they need to get through this terrible time

Rest in Peace Mollie!
rose-smiley.gif

Justice is coming...

I am glad there will be some sort of closure for her family, but just crushing.

By the Fox correspondent Matt Finn having two sources and he said said the money will now be transferred to tracking down the killer, I guess we can assume that no one cracked and they have no clue who the killer is? I am also assuming they have already determined it was a homicide by using the phrase "the killer". I mean, it was unlikely, but until this news broke - there was still a chance that she was walking/jogging and had a medical issue or fell somewhere, etc. Now it appears to me a killer is on the loose.

The reported may have assumed she was killed. But then again, if his sources may have told the condition of the body, location of body (i.e. buried, etc.) to come to that conclusion.

Why would anyone harm such a seemingly sweet person???

Now this case has more likelihood of being solved. Obviously, not the outcome anyone hoped for but now that a body has been found, the search for a killer can begin. I hope it’s swift and I hope there’s tons of evidence to put this person away forever.

Two things are unusual about this, different than other cases that I remember:

Usually doesn’t LE make the statement/announcement?

Doesn’t the announcement usually reference the phrase “pending positive identification” or similar wording?

This is not from official sources... someone in LE leaked this information. So it is not vetted like it is when tightly controlled by LE spokesperson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288