Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Mollie.
I have had to keep my distance lately. Only reading the last few pages of threads, not because I didn't want to know what everyone's thoughts were, but because lately it was hitting too close to home. I spent the weekend moving my daughter into the dorm. My prayers to Mollie's family/friends and the residents of Brooklyn, Iowa.

I joined a couple weeks ago simply as I have been checking up off and on this site since Natalee Holloway days. Just nothing really to add as you are all really amazing, and so well intended. So much more honest, and trustworthy than SM.
My thoughts are with her family/friends as well. Sure hope they find the person that did this.

Dear Jordan10,

I am so glad you are here.

Completely agree with your positive thoughts about the threads on Websleuths.

Whenever something tragic happens this is the first place I come to and stay.

I know that the posts here will be not only be filled with insight but great compassion and genuine caring.

I can't thank @Tricia enough for creating and providing this safe and respectful place for us to support and console others. As well, here is where I learn valuable and genuine information about these cases.

We show up here to try to sift through unimaginable tragedies. I find the most up-to-date news articles and links here. I feel comfortable posting my opinions or thoughts here because it is a safe and supportive community.

It is indeed Tricia and all of the wonderful hard working moderators and tech people who enable Websleuths to be the truthful and genuinely caring place it is.

Last edited:
The public is the eyes and ears, they just need a direction to use it.
That is true, but the eyes and ears of the person responsible might also have been watching and listening -- and responding. Perhaps information was closely guarded and released to push an offender in a certain guided direction. MT has been found. Until we know more, we can't be sure whether she would have been found anyway or if she's been found because of the way the case was handled.

I

I think him going home was a decoy of sorts. No way you go home after 5 weeks and not know where she is. No way.

Hard to say. She went missing and he abruptly leaves his home, work, life in California. When these things happen, it feels like your whole world stops, but in reality the world just keeps on turning. I’m sure he did have things that did need to get done, wrapped up or whatever in CA. I feel awful for the family and friends. I am glad they will at least have closure and not spend the rest of their lives wondering.

I joined a couple weeks ago simply as I have been checking up off and on this site since Natalee Holloway days. Just nothing really to add as you are all really amazing, and so well intended. So much more honest, and trustworthy than SM.
My thoughts are with her family/friends as well. Sure hope they find the person that did this.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Sorry I should have said In my opinion. No need to be rude. It’s just odd that he leaves and her body found few days later. I was thinking maybe found earlier and maybe media frenzy calms down so they can arrest someone while no one looking. Idk I didn’t know we aren’t allowed to speculate. The whole situation doesn’t seem right. It’s off. Maybe not a villain anywhere. Maybe an accident. Maybe a health event. No one knows. I wasn’t blaming the poor father.

Yes, of course you may speculate.

I do not believe for a moment that LE found her body days ago.
I don't believe that Mr. Tibbetts was sent back home to send a message etc.

Its not odd, they have been searching a long time, He needed to go home, he has a life at home as well and these searches could have gone on for a very long time.

Everything I have read says this body was found today
I am still unsure what COD will be.

This is just MO

Just bumping my own post from the end of last thread for all new members.
[Also if you came here for this case, please stick around because even if they aren't local to you, your thoughts are needed and appreciated.
We all get hurt and drained after these outcomes, but I know everyone will be glued to WS for updates and hoping for justice.
So new members, please don't go. Take a rest if you need one then join us later on another case thread.
In the meantime, I am joining all of you in sticking to this thread til the very end. Hopefully in a courtroom! #justiceformollie and everyone else]
Thank you to all who have been so welcoming to us new members to this site in the search for Mollie. This was my first case and I read every single post all 31 threads getting up early and staying up late at night to keep up to date. I am in tears for the 5 weeks spent knowing she had to be alive and we were going to help find her. I do need a break now but I promise to come back. Thank you to the mods that keep this a place to truly bring knowledgeable discussion in a World that isn't available in most places these days. Thank you.

Although I hoped she was being held somewhere, I knew that was really not a likely outcome. Still heartbreaking and the only tiny saving grace is that at least she has been found and will not hang in limbo like so many missing persons do. RIP dear Mollie and know that you touched many many people.

Do y’all think she was found this morning or several days ago? I know we’ll find out at 5.
Curious what y’all think.
I don't know but I have to say I got this overwhelming feeling last night that I should check on mollie's thread but I came here and there was nothing. Now this morning I log in and see this. Wasn't expecting it!

Well... where is “there” anyway? We don’t know where she was found. But surely she could have walked quite a distance if she wanted to kill herself in private. While I strongly believe suicide could be the outcome, I think she would have wanted to be found a lot sooner so her family wasn’t worrying. I think she would have left a note.
I do not agree with the suicide theory.

"My favorite thing is that whenever the moon is really pretty my dad and I text each other about it and he call it his, "Mollie moon"
1f319.png
1f495.png
"

Mollie Tibbetts on Twitter

-----

It's a sad day. Mollie reminds me so much of my little sister and her friends. Her parents could be any of ours. I am heartbroken for her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member