Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they started searching a particular area last night, which led them to the discovery of Mollie, they didn't just up and flip a coin & decide to go to that spot. Something-or someone-led them there.

How does where she may have been found relate to the pig farm? Yes, I know no pigs there, but it is a reference name I think we understand.

If Mollie is there, no way did she commit suicide. And if she was not there, she still did not commit suicide because what would a search there be all about

Had to step away from here for the past week because it was getting so repetitive. Sorry to hear that her body was found.
Unfortunately, this is the way I expected it to unfold. I doubted she was held captive. I see that some people are still postulating that she was hit by a drunk driver. I think we'll soon know that wasn't the case -- drunk drivers simply do not stop, scoop up the body and then relocate it, regardless of how many prior DUIs they might have.
I still firmly believe that she was taken by someone on the outer edge of her circle of acquaintances. Less likely, but also possible, is that the perpetrator was a fairly local weirdo who wasn't acquainted with her but saw an opportunity.
It will be interesting to see if any evidence from the perpetrator can be collected from the scene or from her body. Decomposition will be a problem, unless her body was somehow preserved in some fashion, and exposure to the elements will be a problem, if the scene is outdoors.
Will be interesting to see how much they tell us at 5. My first question is whether something led them to the crime scene (electronic evidence? someone's statement?),or whether it was found during an LE search, or whether a citizen came across it.

How does where she may have been found relate to the pig farm? Yes, I know no pigs there, but it is a reference name I think we understand.

If Mollie is there, no way did she commit suicide. And if she was not there, she still did not commit suicide because what would a search there be all about

If the map from the newscast is to be believed, it is just North of the search of the farm. Close enough that whatever digital signal led them to farm was pretty spot on.

If they started searching a particular area last night, which led them to the discovery of Mollie, they didn't just up and flip a coin & decide to go to that spot. Something-or someone-led them there.

Probably fitbit/phone data. If she was dumped outside of her usual running circuit, then that’s the only way they would know, outside of a confession by somebody.

We don't know how they handled it all, we were only privy to things they said in press conferences, and basically nothing else. People have speculated up the wazoo, as is typical, but what we actually know about the investigation is precious little. And that's how it always is in criminal cases. The public will never be told more than is absolutely necessary. Curiosity isn't a right to know.

I respectfully disagree. We will learn hopefully later today if any tip/suggestion made through the efforts of the family and Crime Stoppers or after IA LE finally began to have press conferences or published a map or ... helped to find Mollie.

Truly I believe we need to divide MISSING PERSON cases into two parts and until the person is found it is better to engage the public and the media and use every channel possible to simply focus on one objective FIND THE PERSON. LE comes to a missing person case without being able to know for sure what has happened! I believe every single case needs to be at the very least notification of any of the last movements (geo points) known to LE or other particulars which might help generate leads from the public ASAP.

I believe there are still more good people than bad. And we only have X number of LE. We can't expect them to know everyone's property and all terrain in our Nation. We need to help. And in this case, there were over 200 people who showed up right away to help find Mollie.

Understand there has to be protocols to not compromise evidence, etc. But I believe a missing person case is very unique. It doesn't start out as a murder, or a burglary, it starts with a mystery. And there needs to be different protocols for such cases.

All of course my own opinion based on following missing person cases since 1976.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle