Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theories on the phone shoved in the couch:

He hid it till he had time to delete stuff?

She hid it when she knew she was in trouble so that police would know something is suss.

Don't know why he'd hide the phone and not her purse etc

I think LE definitely knew of affair before CW admitted it but I do not think the girlfriend came to the Watts home while Shanann was away. That neighborhood seems especially tight knit and the house are pretty close. Others would have noticed this.
Also, according to CW the neighbor across the street has a camera on his doorbell.

I still wonder about any life insurance on SW the amount when it was bought, etc. With her health problems could she or he gotten any on her? If SW did have life insurance I would think since she was the main breadwinner it would be sizable.
I also think the prospect of paying child support for 3 kids would have played a big part in his decision to kill them. MOO

SW was not the main breadwinner. It was reported last year he made $65k and total household income was $90k. So she bought in $25k which I expect most went on the trips and buying her own product. I would expect her income was negative after job expenses (which aren’t real job expenses with MLM schemes).

I wonder if mistress was in on disposing of those poor people she worked in the same place.

Side note....don't get involved with married men. Especially married men you work with. Especially married men whose wives are pregnant. Sheesh

I've been following this case since day one and just hopped over here to see what all the sleuthers have found.
JMO
I think Shanann came home and found her kids were either not even home or already dead. The "emotional conversation" that the neighbours allegedly heard was likely her finding this out and then he killed her. Her flight being delayed set off his plans and then the fact she had a good enough friend to call in a welfare check so quickly really screwed up his timeline to clean and tidy up.
Sick.
I don't feel like an affair makes anyone more or less guilty. I do think it could have been part of his motivation. Though, fr0m what I've read her linked in said she was making around 80k with Thrive. In 2013 their income was about 149k and in 2014 their income was something like 94k. If she was making 80k that means he was likely feeling quite emasculated in not being the one to provide adequately for his family. If he was the one making that money in 2014 and she didn't have the income then obviously that's different. Would love to see their most recent tax docs if anyone has them!
I don't get the murder is better than divorce mentality, but it seems to happen far too often. In this case, he would likely have lost his home, custody of three children and would have been paying child support for all three kids plus alimony. Unfortunately, money is a huge motivator in many murders. IIRC they declared bankruptsy once already and were allegedly preparing to do so again.
All of this is MOO and speculation based on things I have tried to remember from when this case came out. I didn't expect to come here to post so I don't have any links, sorry! <modsnip: asking for PMs is against TOS>

I am so glad you mentioned the flight delay messing with CW's plans. In his TV interview he gave precise info about the time the plane was supposed to land and when it did land. I think he was hyper aware of this because this narrowed the window he had to kill Shanann (I think girls were killed prior to her return) and get them all to his job before there was any risk of someone showing up at work and catching him.

I believe there was some way investigators knew he had been at a particular work site prior to CW telling them. In fact, I think this was a huge factor in getting his confession.
Perhaps it was an ID badge CW had to scan to gain entry, perhaps there was a way to track his truck, which was provided to him through his company (Anadarko). I tend to think the ID is more likely.
Per the affidavit: "PRIOR to Chris' confession, investigators arrived at CERVI 319 (with consent) to initiate a drone search of the area. At approximately 4:15 PM investigators spotted a bed sheet in the field near the tank battery. The sheet matched the pattern of several pillow cases and a top sheet recovered from a kitchen trash can from the Watts' residence earlier that day. The drone search also revealed fresh movement of dirt consistent with a clandestine grave near the oil tanks."
So...investigators knew where he'd been that morning. They did an aerial search later that day and spotted the bed sheet and the freshly turned dirt. They (in my opinion) used this info to confront CW, and he folded.

Maybe his phone GPS....

I am still hung up on the fact that in the arrest affidavit he said he had to call his dad before he confessed. I speculated that he may have wanted to soften the blow of the deaths. I also wondered if he got used to always having his dad bail him out each time he got in trouble.

He has changed his story so often that it’s hard to trust a thing he says. I learned after the Casey Anthony case that any verdict is possible.

I wonder if he is going to get a more experienced attorney then the one provided free by the state.

I love the way he put the little girls bodies into that oil well to hide evidence...

I also think he did it because I believe (from what I've read) that it would make it very difficult for LE to determine the time of death. So, now he can continue on with his story that SW strangled them in the middle of the night, not him. When in reality I believe they were likely dead before SW arrived home.

I know business is business but I cant imagine promoting in SW's name, if they were close friends. I would still be in shock and devastated by the loss of such a close friend. Just my opinion.

I think some of these people are absolutely brainwashed by this MLM and may have confused real life with the fake dream life they want to believe they have. I don't doubt that SW's work friends are absolutely heartbroken, but I think the MLM has trained them that the MLM IS the solution for everything. I really hope that none of her work friends are in potentially dangerous relationships and I hope they wake up before it is too late for them.

He
Ok I'm back on the bedding again.
From the affidavit https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

It sounds like CW consented to a search on Monday afternoon after NU called the police. He handed over SWs phone to police at that time.

Then later the affidavit describes on Wednesday a drone identified a bed sheet in an oil field. The affidavit says the sheet matched bedding found earlier that day (so, Wednesday) in the kitchen trash can in a search CW consented to.

Why did he leave one if his bedsheets in the oilfield? Sloppy, rushing, dropped it?
Why didn't he either get the bedding in the kitchen trash disposed of out of the house, or put away in the house, before Wednesday? Even if he couldn't dispose of them because he was under surveillance he could have put them away because what innocent reason is there for sheets in the kitchen trash in this situation?

This guy.
he probably wrapped Shanann in the bed sheet. Or took it off when he dumped her in the shallow grave. Could be it was seen (or a portion) blowing in the breeze.

This allegation needs to be verified. Am employer would probably have to have a probable cause...
Not necessarily. I've worked at a few places where they were allowed to do random tests at any time. I would think that especially if you are on a company vehicle (we don't know he was) or operating machinery- this would be the case (random testing) for insurance purposes. I don't believe that he was fired for cocaine in his system- I haven't seen that anywhere.

I wonder what's behind the black boxes on the witness pages. Perhaps his mistresses name? I kinda think his mistress is on there though - not blacked out. BUT-the person I'm thinking maybe the employee they spoke to to get permission to go onto the site and NOT his mistress at all.

I thi
Ok, couple of points:

I wonder if what he told them was slightly correct except it went this way:
She asked if he’s having an affair, he said “yes” she said “I’m leaving you” and he kills the kids. She tried to revive the kids and he kills her.

Also, if the gf works for the oil company, maybe he had her shut off the cameras or take the videos before dumping them? Just a thought...

I think he killed the kids cos they saw him kill her.

I'm also wondering how much gf was involved they worked together.

I read somewhere that he was seen loading "a bag" into his car on neighbours cameras. So had he killed the kids and put bodies in car already?

2 different theories

Will this arraignment video be available to watch later in thE day? I’m in Australia and it’s 1:30am and I need to leave for work at 6am so can’t reallt stay up to watch it

I would be surprised if it wasn't. If that doesn't work a quick youtube search will probably bring the corr ct video up. Have a good night.

when was she meant to land?

I am so glad you mentioned the flight delay messing with CW's plans. In his TV interview he gave precise info about the time the plane was supposed to land and when it did land. I think he was hyper aware of this because this narrowed the window he had to kill Shanann (I think girls were killed prior to her return) and get them all to his job before there was any risk of someone showing up at work and catching him.

Is

Is her mother on the witness list?

I'll bet there is text documentation from earlier in the week with her brother and probably Nikole about them separating.

I'll bet LE can document that the 2am "emotional discussion" was NOT the first time this had been discussed = another stupid lie of his

Not yet. So far, most of them are members of various LE agencies who have worked the case.

It is far too soon for LE to have interviewed family, friends, etc. I would expect these people to be on the witness list when it comes time for the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998